Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing, 1/26

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
West Wing, 1/26

Haven't decided what to think of this episode, except that that is was a total John Wells ending.
Old 01-27-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked it actually. The song at the end was good too. Loved the Josh/Donna moments.
And Teri Polo is
Old 01-27-05, 02:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
meh

Teri Polo's character seems like Abby Jr so far.

I wonder with his show cancelled if they will bring John Goodman in since I believe I saw Walken's name on one of the jars.
Old 01-27-05, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts
If anyone can offer an explanation for the scene with Will staring at the ice cream sandwich, that would be great.
Old 01-27-05, 05:16 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
If anyone can offer an explanation for the scene with Will staring at the ice cream sandwich, that would be great.
I think he pressed the button to get something else, and the machine gave him the wrong one. Just another small example of how life on the road can suck.
Old 01-27-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Pretty good episode. I missed bits and pieces of it due to pre-empting. Can someone recap what happened when Josh and Donna were in the elevator together?
Old 01-27-05, 07:36 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by lisadoris
Pretty good episode. I missed bits and pieces of it due to pre-empting. Can someone recap what happened when Josh and Donna were in the elevator together?
Awkward silence and small talk. Sexual tension. The usual.
Old 01-27-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Dog

Haven't decided what to think of this episode, except that that is was a total John Wells ending.
Really good concept, average execution. I liked many aspects of it but rolled my eyes at some others. And I thought the song use was terrible, not so much the choice of the song but the way they used it.

das
Old 01-27-05, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the title of the song and the artist?
Old 01-27-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by k_lodge
Does anyone know the title of the song and the artist?
Ryan Adams' "Desire"
Old 01-27-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I've just got back to watching this show because I like the addition of Jimmy Smits and the campaign/life of the road is more interesting than the white house stuff. Are they hinting at a cross-party ticket with Santos and the Alan Alda character? That would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
Old 01-27-05, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by djbrown
Ryan Adams' "Desire"
Thanks !!!!
Old 01-27-05, 12:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I was wondering the same thing

Maybe it was becasue I watched it at 2AM but I took it as a metaphor about Will's feeling about Bingo Bob based on the conversation Josh and him had a few episodes ago. He's not the candidate he wanted, but he's the candidate he's stuck with.
Old 01-27-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
I've just got back to watching this show because I like the addition of Jimmy Smits and the campaign/life of the road is more interesting than the white house stuff. Are they hinting at a cross-party ticket with Santos and the Alan Alda character? That would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
That's what I was thinking after our last campaign trail episode. But I'm hoping the writers don't go there. Hopefully they'll realize that adding more talent won't necessarily help the show - the talent has always been there and they don't do enough with the characters they have. Keeping Smits and Alda and Richardson, and whoever else they throw at us during the campaign, around for next season is just too many freaking people.
Old 01-27-05, 01:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Are they hinting at a cross-party ticket with Santos and the Alan Alda character? That would be a pretty interesting dynamic.
This show is already skirting the bounds of reality with Vinnick making his anti-Ethanol speech in Iowa, a bipartisan ticket for President would push it over the edge

Besides, I've read a few interviews with Alda and he doesn't sound like he would want to do the show full time.
Old 01-27-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked the format of this ep, and no matter what problems WW has, you can't knock their production value, top notch as usual.

Why did they insist on inserting that shot of Toby on the TV at the end? To remind us we're watching a show that used to be about the WEST WING?
Old 01-27-05, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrX
This show is already skirting the bounds of reality with Vinnick making his anti-Ethanol speech in Iowa, a bipartisan ticket for President would push it over the edge

Besides, I've read a few interviews with Alda and he doesn't sound like he would want to do the show full time.
Maybe with Alda as president, they'd go back to the original intent of WW where the president was supposed to be the smallest role of the regular cast. Maybe then whoever the show's next Rob Lowe will be (Matthew Perry?) won't quit because he keeps getting the shaft.
Old 01-27-05, 02:53 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Personally I'd love it if Alda's character were elected. After several years with an "too good to be true" Democrat in the Oval Office I think it's time we had a "too good to be true" Republican.

I liked the way the episode was shot, but I'm getting tired of the Josh/Donna dance. Either do the deed or stop acting like they're about to do it.
Old 01-27-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Are they hinting at a cross-party ticket with Santos and the Alan Alda character?
I got that vibe at the end
considering how ever commecial for WW hypes "now that Alda and Smitts have joined teh cast of west wing..." it wouldn't surprise me, and I might actually like to see it. although I still want Gary Cole's character to win
those now that... commercials were funny when they had them for like 3 weeks and alda wasn't on any of those weeks

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-27-05 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 12:03 AM

i didnt notice he got the wrong candy bar, but that would make sense. you can tell that will is starting to doubt his own candidate. last week asking leo what he saw in bob and this week its seems he's just going through the routine and doesnt feel like his candidate stands for anything. makes me wonder if will, josh and donna will be working together if what josh predicts comes true.

Originally Posted by MrX
I was wondering the same thing

Maybe it was becasue I watched it at 2AM but I took it as a metaphor about Will's feeling about Bingo Bob based on the conversation Josh and him had a few episodes ago. He's not the candidate he wanted, but he's the candidate he's stuck with.
Old 01-30-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just watched this and thought eh. i MUCH prefer the west wing aspect of the show, hence the name. i do think that eventually will and donna will quit bingo bob and join up with josh, or at least donna will. this whole awkward thing they have going between them is kinda dumb i think. actually the whole way they have treated those two this year is lame. for the last 7 years they have been who each other relied on and now suddenly they are so awkward around each other. i'm not buying it. they seem to be thinking "hey we're going to get these two together by year's end so let's make them totally weird around each other to make it seem better when it finally happens!" grrreat strategy. please get us back to the white house.
Old 01-30-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Well, there's a lot of raw feelings about the way she left, which I find believable. I mean, she never could tell him directly (although she kept trying), and then, BAM, there's a new assistant there.

So I could see how they could both be uncomfortable with where the relationship is, especially when they both know there's something beyond a boss/assistant attraction there.
Old 01-30-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the thing is though, i don't buy the way she left. in the past if she had said that she needed to talk to josh, he never would have put if off for so long, especially when she made it clear it was so important.