Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dawson's Creek Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-01, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Dawson's Creek Discussion Thread

NEW YORK (Variety) - The WB negotiated a one-year extension with Columbia TriStar TV that keeps "Dawson's Creek" on the network through the 2002-2003 season.
But is there anything left in this series? All the characters are geared to go to college--in different locales. I can't believe they're renewing it.

I loved the first season, but after that it got too soap-opera-ish for me. Once Kevin Williamson stopped writing the episodes, it went down hill...
Old 05-15-01, 11:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh but are they really all going off in separate directions? They still have time to change their minds about schools and such. It could always become "Pacey's Creek" showing Pacey and Drue's Capeside adventures.
Old 05-15-01, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I did note that a couple shows ago Joey said her college is only a couple hours away. Dawson may stay in town and start a film career there. But Jen and Jack seem pretty set on leaving. You have to admit, it would be pretty lame to have everyone's plans fall through so they can all stay in Capeside.
Old 05-15-01, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by JuryDuty
I loved the first season, but after that it got too soap-opera-ish for me. Once Kevin Williamson stopped writing the episodes, it went down hill...
I completely agree. The show bored me into not even watching the majority of this year's eps.
Old 05-15-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by gotdvd?
I completely agree. The show bored me into not even watching the majority of this year's eps.
Yeah, and when NBC put Ed on opposite it, that pretty much sealed it for me. I still catch an episode whenever Ed's a rerun, but that's about it...
Old 05-15-01, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as has developed lately........
Joey's college is in Boston.
Drue talked Jenn into going to a different college in Boston (the one that he somewhere out of the blue is going to) at the prom since she can't face going back to NYC, and Jack seems to be following Jenn....Grams is even moving to Boston too (Jenn talked her into it last episode since she is selling her house anyway to pay for Jenn's college). That only leaves Pacey and Dawson (possibly Gretchen, but she could be gone from the show now)....
When Grethcen had a job interview in Boston, I thought she would get the job and Dawson would move there to be with her instead of going to USC.
The show is clearly going to Boston....just how everyone gets there and who is going there remain to be determined.

[Edited by garmonbozia on 05-15-01 at 12:51 PM]
Old 05-15-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by garmonbozia
The show is clearly going to Boston....just how everyone gets there and who is going there remain to be determined.
Wow--well, that's interesting. I tell you, though, they'd better be careful. Boston isn't a very safe place. Have you seen all the bad stuff that's happened on The Practice over the past few years?
Old 05-15-01, 02:56 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I too feel bored with the show. Now that Ed is on opposite it, I tape Dawson and watch it later. I don't know why though...it just keeps on going around in circles.
Old 05-15-01, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Dawson's Creek is a lot more enjoyable if you tape it and just fastforward whenever Jen and/or Jack are on the screen. Trust me.
Old 05-15-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Myself, I like it but then again I stuck with 90210 through out their 10 year run.
Old 05-16-01, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bigjim25
Myself, I like it but then again I stuck with 90210 through out their 10 year run.
wow. that's loyalty.
Old 05-16-01, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty
Wow--well, that's interesting. I tell you, though, they'd better be careful. Boston isn't a very safe place. Have you seen all the bad stuff that's happened on The Practice over the past few years?
LOL! More specifically....how about just in Bobby's firm's office?

I am sure there will be a lot of "coming home" for "safe weekends" and holiday breaks and what not. If Dawson does go to USC, I am sure there will be a lot of phone calls and visits home to see his new sister. Maybe he'll run into the ex-principal's daughter that he liked and he met at that film festival.

Whatever happened to that girl that was "supposed" to be Jenn's sister? Wonder if she'll reseuface somewhere.

The show could now deal with the "going away to college issue" of meeting new friends vs. keeping in touch with old ones. So maybe Pacey will stay in Capeside and Dawson will go to CA. Who knows?

There is another episode after tonight, right?
Old 05-23-01, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Do you think Dawson and Joey sleep with each other at the end?

Old 05-24-01, 10:06 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
My 2 cents...
Spoiler:
Tough call. It's really open to the audiences imagination. I would say no, but I wouldn't be surprised if in next season's premiere we find out they did.
Old 05-24-01, 10:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I won't be surprised either way. But I would have to say not.
Old 05-24-01, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Spoiler:
they kissed, dont think much more was implied... but maybe that's what we're supposed to wonder all summer

what a throwaway episode, didn't move any story, just a full hour of sappy goodbyes... which will be for nothing in the end since dawson will eventually have to go to boston

btw, if they're all in boston away from a certain body of water, shouldn't they rename the show?
Old 05-24-01, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I'm so sick of Dawson and Joey. I wanted her to stay with Pacey, I think they make the better couple.
Old 05-24-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Timber
I'm so sick of Dawson and Joey. I wanted her to stay with Pacey, I think they make the better couple.
My girlfriend and I agree.
Old 05-24-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GuessWho
what a throwaway episode, didn't move any story, just a full hour of sappy goodbyes... which will be for nothing in the end since dawson will eventually have to go to boston
I agree. Not much of a story...I really wonder what's gonna happen next year if they're all in different locations...I guess we will get replacement characters for people who are gone (i.e., Jack, Jen, and Grams who are going to NY)...the storyline won't be the same if everybody's in a different location.
Old 05-24-01, 07:59 PM
Mod Emeritus

Just wondering if somebody can give me a summary of what happened this week and in the past 2 months. I stopped watching, but I'm interested to know what happened in that time.
Old 05-24-01, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

I agree. Not much of a story...I really wonder what's gonna happen next year if they're all in different locations...I guess we will get replacement characters for people who are gone (i.e., Jack, Jen, and Grams who are going to NY)...the storyline won't be the same if everybody's in a different location.
Umm, Jack Jen and Grams are going to Boston.
Old 05-24-01, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, my bad.
Old 05-24-01, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Timber
My girlfriend and I agree.

That's funny my fiance agrees with you as well.
And i don't!!! I just like arguing mostly, but it's fun to be on seperate sides on this issue with her!
Old 05-24-01, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oops, my bad.
Joey's college is in Boston too and I expect Drue to be going to the same college as Jen and Jack because he is the one who told Jen she should just go there at the prom and he mentioned that is where he is going.......

So Dawson and Pacey are the only ones not going to Boston (unless anyone is still including Andie)
what about Jack's boyfriend? there was no mention of him.

I agree with the people who liked Pacey and Joey together. Dawson annoys me when he pines for Joey. Pacey annoys me now that he is not with Joey any more. Pacey'll need an excuse to go to Boston.....I am sure working for the Dean od Admissions or whoever's boat he is working on all summer could land him a job doing something else for him in Boston when the summer ends...........
Old 05-24-01, 11:07 PM

When James Van Der Beek was on the Daily Show a couple of weeks back he flatly stated the writers were arranging it so somehow everyone would end up in Boston. Therefore come fall we will probably find out Dawson changed his mind about LA and Pacey and Joey are getting back together or he'll be working for the dean (otherwise what reason would Pacey have to be in Boston. He has no family there and they aren't writing him off the show).

I for one wish the actress that plays Andie would rejoin the show. I forgot how much I enjoyed her until she reappeared for the graduation. I think her and Pacey should be together. I know it's not going to happen since she permanently left the show. They also can't have the whole disfunctional McFee family plot line since the actor that played their father died.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.