Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any More Games Like "Crimson Skies" for XBox?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished beating "Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge" for the second time on the XBox. Great, great game! Are there any other games like this for the XBox? How are "Secret Weapons Over Normandy" and "Wings Of War"? And what are the chances of another "Crimson Skies" game?
Old 01-25-05, 12:34 PM

I played Crimson Skies on PC went it first came out, but I assume it's similar on XBox. I really enjoyed SWON on PC and played all the way through. Very similar in feel to Crimson Skies, I think you'd probably like it.

Wings of War, I tried the demo on PC and can't say that it blew me away. Seemed rather plain and couldn't hold my attention for very long.
Old 01-25-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I think the PC games are very different. I thought CS for Xbox was too short - like missing an entire map... otherwise, it was great. You could play the game online and continue the fun there.
Old 01-25-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
I think the PC games are very different. I thought CS for Xbox was too short - like missing an entire map... otherwise, it was great. You could play the game online and continue the fun there.
It's definitely too short. The second time I beat it, it only took me two days...and you have to factor in that I did a lot of exploring and completed all the "side quests" on each level. I don't play online that often because...well...I suck. However, I'm hooked on the game right now, so I'll probably be online with it for the next few days. If anyone's looking for a game and lots of easy kills, be sure to look me up. My gamer tag is BananaKaboom.
Old 01-25-05, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
You can add me - don't know when I'll be on with it though since I've moved on to other games... I'm not great either. Some kids on there really dominate.

gt= trigger9mm
Old 01-26-05, 09:43 PM

Secret Weapons is a pretty good game. It's much slower and methodical than Crimson Skies, which can be a touch dull if you're looking for the action action action style of CS. But, I think it's worth picking up. Would've been a great dogfighting game on Live.
Old 01-26-05, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gamblor187
And what are the chances of another "Crimson Skies" game?
While I have no "inside info" on whether there'd be a Cskies II, I can't imagine a game that sold as well as it did *not* getting a sequel. It's still a popular game on Live.
Old 01-29-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
You can add me - don't know when I'll be on with it though since I've moved on to other games... I'm not great either. Some kids on there really dominate.

gt= trigger9mm
I haven't been on all week, but I'll probably jump on for a while tonight and tomorrow for some "Crimson Skies" and "Halo 2". I'll send you a friend request.

I rented "Secrets Over Normandy" and didn't care for it at all. I guess I'm looking for something less realistic, with more of an arcade feel.

Then I rented "Wings Of War", which has more of an arcage feel, but is a pretty bad game with terrible controls.