Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Need help identifying a movie!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help identifying a movie!

Not sure if this is the proper place for this post, but I am looking for the title of a movie and I can't remember the name. I rented it at Blockbuster many years ago. I would like to find it again. Problem is I am drawing a blank so I need some help.

From what I remember the plot is as follows.

This guy and his friend opens a small "ma and pa" type of copy store. He used the cash he won sinking a half court shot at a basketball game to open the store. Soon afterwards a national chain copy store (like a Kinko's) opens up across the street. The owners, and a few of their oddball customers/friends set off to try to make the new place close. Chaos and bedlam ensue when they attempt to terrorize the new store and bring it to its knees.

Thats about all I remember. Any help would be appreciated...

Cory
Old 01-18-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
It's Kill the Man

Plot summary from IMDB:

"The two owners (Luke Wilson, Joshua Malina) of the Long Shot Copies shop struggle against a copying giant, King Co. Having gotten their start from a $100,000 windfall when one of them hit a promotional mid-court basketball shot, they have to find a way to keep their company afloat or fold. Thus starts a series of gimmicks and a war against the opposition, particularly after they are visited by a corporate thug (Phil LaMarr)."
Old 01-18-05, 05:23 PM

Wow, the rating at imdb isn't stellar, but this sounds like a film I've got to see. Too bad it doesn't seem to be on Region 1 DVD.
Old 01-18-05, 07:23 PM

THANKS so much for your help! That is one title I have been wanting to find for a while. For some reason that movie got stuck in the back of my head and every now and then I would think about it, but thats about as far as it went.

Looks like I will be ordering it from the UK then. Thanks Again...

Cory