Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

More Hallmark Laurel & Hardy Coming (3/15/05)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it looks as if Hallmark is getting set to release another Laurel & Hardy collection:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00079I006/ref=pd_wt_1/103-2063088-9599818?coliid=I20S69K2RGQFQR

The new one will have Blockheads and Way Out West, one of the boys' most popular features.

Last edited by devilpants; 01-13-05 at 09:45 PM. Reason: URL needs to be corrected
Old 01-13-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by devilpants
Well, it looks as if Hallmark is getting set to release another Laurel & Hardy collection:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00079I006/ref=pd_wt_1/103-2063088-9599818?coliid=I20S69K2RGQFQR

The new one will have Blockheads and Way Out West, one of the boys' most popular features.
I know the purists will swear by some German compendium release out there, but I felt the first collection was OK, particularly for the price. It was a good sampling of shorts (including the hysterical "The Music Box" and "Busy Bodies") with reasonable but not great quality. I'm at a loss to explain what was - according to the cover - digitally remastered.

But my kids absolutely fell in love with L & H against their better judgement, and that was worth it alone. If only it had "Tit for Tat."

It would be wonderful if they fully restored them, but I'll take what I can get in the mean time. Maybe this release will improve on the first quality-wise.
Old 01-14-05, 03:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, I thought the first disc they released was quite nice and I'll probably pick up this disc, too. I'm seriously considering biting the bullet, saving my pennies, and buying the Dutch complete L&H set, which by all accounts is quite nice and has better picture quality than the Kinewalt (sp) set.