Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The French have kick ass cartoon boxsets!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found this link while surfing for He-man sets. I had no idea about some of these. Like M.A.S.K! Does anyone know if these have an english track?

Check out this link and scroll till it ends.

http://www.animatedbliss.com/FORUMS/...p?TID=446&PN=2
Old 01-11-05, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just hoping for a good Pink Panther saturday morning collection some day for R1, you know, with the ant and the aardvark.

-AC
Old 01-11-05, 04:41 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
Found this link while surfing for He-man sets. I had no idea about some of these. Like M.A.S.K! Does anyone know if these have an english track?

Check out this link and scroll till it ends.

http://www.animatedbliss.com/FORUMS/...p?TID=446&PN=2
Unfortunatly no english track on these boxes : only a french track.

++ Mat
Old 01-11-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
I got the French R-2 Tex Avery box set and it is very sweet indeed.

It comes in a very nice tin case, ala Band of Brothers, features a sketch-book, and it has loads of extras - everything is in english, so no sub-titles necessary (French subs are not forced).

Sadly, it's no longer in print - I got it for around 65euros - now, it's going for almost double that.

Last edited by slop101; 01-11-05 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-11-05, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
It's really too bad those boxsets do not even have subtitles, let alone an english track. But it does give hope that MASK and He-Man will be released in R1 in the future.
Old 01-11-05, 05:56 PM
Suspended

Well, the He-Man sets in the UK are pretty sweet. They dont do sets (well, the first 3 discs have been gathered in one box, but they were released one at a time), but the discs are sweet looking, do have some extras and look really nice.

The UK also has Real Ghostbusters, a disc of MASK (a show better left in my past *shudder*), Danger Mouse - just to name a few. So France doesnt have ALL the kick ass cartoons.
Old 01-11-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by El-Kabong
Well, the He-Man sets in the UK are pretty sweet. They dont do sets (well, the first 3 discs have been gathered in one box, but they were released one at a time), but the discs are sweet looking, do have some extras and look really nice.

The UK also has Real Ghostbusters, a disc of MASK (a show better left in my past *shudder*), Danger Mouse - just to name a few. So France doesnt have ALL the kick ass cartoons.

Yeah, I was thinking about ordering the He-man set from the UK. I ordered the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon set and it kicks some major arse. But it seems that He-man would be a better candidate to come over to region 1 then Mask. Maybe I'll get the vol 1-3 boxset and wait till they put out 4-6 in a set as well. 16 episodes per boxset compared to the 25 per box that France has. Not too bad.
Old 01-11-05, 06:30 PM
Suspended

If I was a betting man, I would lay money on He-Man coming out in R1. When I was last keeping tabs on it, the folks who currently have the show (A UK company called Entertainment Rights) very strongly plan on marketing the show in the US.

Just a matter of time. . . .
Old 01-11-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I got the French R-2 Tex Avery box set and it is very sweet indeed.

It comes in a very nice tin case, ala Band of Brothers, features a sketch-book, and it has loads of extras - everything is in english, so no sub-titles necessary (French subs are not forced).

Sadly, it's no longer in print - I got it for around 65euros - now, it's going for almost double that.

Holy WOW!!

How many cartoons does it have? Are they all 100% uncensored?
Old 01-12-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Class316
Holy WOW!!

How many cartoons does it have? Are they all 100% uncensored?
It has 63 shorts - everything Tex did for MGM, except a couple that were, I guess, not PC. But the shorts that are on there are uncensored.

You can still get it (linked below), but that is the 4-disc version, without the 5th disc that has the extras, and it's not in a tin.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...873888-9354500

But you might want to wait for the R1 release, as it may contain ALL the uncensored shorts, along with more extras.
Old 01-12-05, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moving to the International Forum...
Old 01-12-05, 04:17 PM

It has 63 shorts - everything Tex did for MGM, except a couple that were, I guess, not PC. But the shorts that are on there are uncensored.
No, they're not. The following are missing parts:
Blitz Wolf
Happy-Go-Nutty
Henpecked Hoboes
Lucky Ducky
Daredevil Droopy
Droopy's Good Deed

There is also a Betty Boop set just out in France: Here at alapage. For some reason not up at Amazon.
Old 01-13-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You can still get it (linked below), but that is the 4-disc version, without the 5th disc that has the extras, and it's not in a tin.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...873888-9354500

But you might want to wait for the R1 release, as it may contain ALL the uncensored shorts, along with more extras.
Damn!! The price is just *ouch*.

Who says the R1 will ever come out :/

damn I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Does the Betty Boop disc have all shorts?

You know I've watched some Betty Boop stuff and wondered what all the hype is about.