Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Does Any One Know What Disney DVD's Are Soon Going Back In The Vault?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-08-05, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

I've been hearing Lion King is going back into the vault soes anyone know the last date to purchase it? And also any dvds that will soon be going back after Lion King?
Old 01-08-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All 3 Lion King films are going "in the vault" (i.e. on moratorium) the 31st. That just means no more will be produced. However, stores will still be able to sell their current stock on those titles so they should be readily available for a few months to come. Having said that,Best Buy has all of them on sale this coming week (beginning Sunday) for $17.99 each, I believe, so you may want to pick them up this week.

As for the next title to go in the vault, I believe it will be Aladdin, on 1/31/06 - following Disney's pattern with their Platinum titles.
Old 01-08-05, 11:37 PM

Is the platinum edition of beauty and the beast still out?
Old 01-08-05, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Libby
Is the platinum edition of beauty and the beast still out?
Not anymore, though still may spot it in some stores. I've seen some in FYE's and Coconuts as recently as a couple months ago. Ebay usually has plenty of them, generally around $20-30.
Old 01-09-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at the same time don't wait to long....some stores do send them back after the moratorium begins....tower, virgin, suncoast, media play, even some wal marts follow that rule...

the reason fye still has beauty and the beast is becuase of the camelot buyout i believe...all the remaining stock was out of inventory for a while so they could not send anything back to the distribution...i still see tarzan, snow white, and pinnoccio from time to time.

get it soon, enjoy it....seven year wait to see it again
Old 01-09-05, 03:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scott27
All 3 Lion King films are going "in the vault" (i.e. on moratorium) the 31st. That just means no more will be produced. However, stores will still be able to sell their current stock on those titles so they should be readily available for a few months to come. Having said that,Best Buy has all of them on sale this coming week (beginning Sunday) for $17.99 each, I believe, so you may want to pick them up this week.

As for the next title to go in the vault, I believe it will be Aladdin, on 1/31/06 - following Disney's pattern with their Platinum titles.
While you pick up Disney DVDs at Bestbuy. Don't forget to first buy a Disney themed giftcard which has a coupon for $5 off 2, $10 off 3 and $15 off 4 DVDs. Then use the coupon and giftcard to buy the DVDs