Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sopranos Season 5................................

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 12:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyboby else want to punch the HBO exec's in the face for delaying this set to the end of 2005? Everytime I look at season's 1-4 on my DVD shelf I get angry and want to destroy something. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE, for them to to this to us. I might just go and buy a bootleg set off of eBAY so HBO does not get my money this time. Anyone else on here feel this way?
Old 01-08-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ronricks
Does anyboby else want to punch the HBO exec's in the face for delaying this set to the end of 2005? Everytime I look at season's 1-4 on my DVD shelf I get angry and want to destroy something. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE, for them to to this to us. I might just go and buy a bootleg set off of eBAY so HBO does not get my money this time. Anyone else on here feel this way?
I've bought bootlegs in the past because I was pissed off at the studio. Go for it.

Lately, I've been buying used DVD's off of eBay if I don't want the studio to get my money. Not really possible for S5, though.
Old 01-08-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
As long as I get it about a month before January 2006, so I can rewatch before season 6 starts, I'll be happy.
Old 01-08-05, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seasons 1-4 are still sealed on my shelf.
Old 01-08-05, 03:02 PM
Cool New Member

does HBO do replacement discs?

off topic but...
does HBO do replacement discs i can't find a disc from one of my sets and i don't want to have to buy whole another boxset
Old 01-08-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just rewatched season 5 on HBO so im in no hurry,plus it will add a little hype for season 6 when season 5 is released,im not mad at all as long as I know seasons 1-6 will be released.
Old 01-08-05, 03:28 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by GuessWho
As long as I get it about a month before January 2006, so I can rewatch before season 6 starts, I'll be happy.
I do this also to refresh my memory of what has happened. HBO is getting rediculous. The way they release their sets is so screwed up. They are different for every series, some come out faster than others. I might look into a class action lawsuit of some sort. I am serious.
Old 01-08-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do this also to refresh my memory of what has happened. HBO is getting rediculous. The way they release their sets is so screwed up. They are different for every series, some come out faster than others. I might look into a class action lawsuit of some sort. I am serious.
When you get that lawsuit together, make sure the attorney gets "ridiculous" right. I don't mind them coming out so late, it gives me more time to save up the $80+ each HBO set costs.
Old 01-08-05, 04:19 PM

The way HBO is handling season 5 of The Sopranos is no different than how Fox, Warner and everybody else is dealing with current shows. It is a marketing tool to promote the upcoming season of a show. Therefore, if you release it 6 to 8 months in advance of the new season, your blowing even more of your marketing budget than necessary.

Sopranos, Season 5 will sell no matter what, why not hold off until you want to promote the new seasons?

Besides, if they wait long enough, it might just be released on HD-DVD, which could potentially save us money from buying one season on two formats.

C'mon, admit it... If Season 5 was released this month on Standard Def DVD, and then released in the fall on HD DVD you'd be just as bitter because the studio didn't tell you.

fitprod
Old 01-08-05, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fitprod
C'mon, admit it... If Season 5 was released this month on Standard Def DVD, and then released in the fall on HD DVD you'd be just as bitter because the studio didn't tell you.

fitprod
I think that if you buy HD-DVD at its launch then you're rich enough not to care
Old 01-09-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in no hurry for it. I haven't seen any of season six, I'm still in the middle of season three. At the rate I watch the show, by the time season five comes out on DVD it'll be just after I finished watching season four.

I do feel your frustration, though. There are some shows on HBO, like Curb Your Enthusiasum, that I watch way too quickly and just can't wait for the next season on DVD.
Old 01-09-05, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
download all the episodes from shareaza, then buy the set when it comes out if you want
Old 01-09-05, 03:13 AM
Suspended

thats what i did. I dont feel bad because i own all 4 seasons and will buy season 5 on the first day. :P
Old 01-09-05, 08:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyboby else want to punch the HBO exec's in the face for delaying this set to the end of 2005? Everytime I look at season's 1-4 on my DVD shelf I get angry and want to destroy something. This is totally UNACCEPTABLE, for them to to this to us.
Time to up your medication. I hate to imagine what you might do if something really bad happened to you. In summary: Grow Up!
Old 01-09-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope you're not really this big of an idiot.
Old 01-10-05, 09:53 AM

ron, do you REALLY wanna destroy something every time you see Sopranos seasons 1-4 on your shelf. If so, you have much bigger problems than waiting for Season 5 to come out. Oh, and good luck on the class action lawsuit. That should be an enormous waste of time and money. Let me know how it turns out.
Old 01-10-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Now THERE'S a passionate DVD fan. You must have wanted to practically HANG yourself when they skipped right over from season 2 to season 14 with Law And Order

Seriously, this is how most TV series work out. They'll release DVD's as a promotion to cash in on a new series coming out, or something similar to that nature. It's been that way with Sopranos, it's been that way for Sex And The City, it's been that way with Law And Order, it's been that way for countless others. Friends cashed in on the season finale a week after it aired. Dawsons Creek released a season finale disc as well. This new Family Guy best of is only to hype up the fans for the upcoming season. News flash, media corporations are doing things for MONEY, not so you can make your stash of TV on DVD more complete.
Old 01-10-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, the real problem here is that HBO is waiting so long to air Season 6. Season 5 finished in March '04 I believe.
Old 01-10-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I would much rather wait for the final season to be done RIGHT than to get something that was rushed.
Old 01-10-05, 11:39 PM

I wish people would stop making threads like this because every time I click on them hoping that it has been announced or that there is some new word on the release of season 5 rather than someone yet again complaining about how long it will be.
Old 01-11-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually I can wait.

I have waited for each year to be released on DVD.....and I even have HBO.

I don't watch them on primetime....because I love to be able to just watch episode after episode.

Fall of 2005 I'll be able to re-watch the seasons in order just in time for Season 5 to be released. Like it was already stated.....I won't be upset as long as we get S5 before the end of the year.
Old 01-12-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just gotta say, this is one flipping awesome show!

Thanks to BlockBuster's movie pass, I decided to check it out, they have all the current sets for rent. Well I'm on Volume 4 of Season 1 now, and I love it. I can't wait to get through it all and pick up the sets (hopefully on sale).

I guess the sets will last me long enough until S5 finally get released, and eventually S6 airs. Just as long as they don't rush anything and they keep the quality up, I'll be happy.
Old 01-12-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I don't have a problem with the wait - I have a problem with the fact that just like all the previous seasons, the season 5 dvd set will have next to no extras, even though they've had ample time to get some decent ones together.