Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joan of Arcadia 1/7/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joan of Arcadia 1/7/05

Helen decided to put her confirmation on hold as her search for God is putting a strain on her marriage.

Will wanted to really sweat a drug dealer who could roll on Judith's killer, but the feds get involved, and Prescott has to give him up, and Will is not pleased. Later, the killer is killed by what appears to be a contract hit. Prescott still makes Will uncomfortable in her "innocent" casual physical contact.

Joan is convinced that college is not for her, and God has to explore her options, showing her glimpses of the college life on a trip to a local college with Adam, and she meets a tutor named Roger, who thinks she has potential to get into college. Along the way, Joan also finds out her guidance counselor, who advocates a non-collegiate future for Joan, still lives at home with his mother. Adam is suspicious of Roger, but Joan is inspired by the books he has her read, and is okay with the results.

Luke is mystified by Joan's uncanny ability to beat him in paper-scissors-rock, but by the end of the episode, it comes down to a hilariously shot showdown between Luke and Joan of the game and it shows that Joan has the will to get into the game that God has wanted her to get into so she can "win" at the game of life.

Beth dumps Kevin after realizing that she just isn't strong enough to be with Kevin in his present state. Joan comforts Kevin.
Old 01-07-05, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked Joan's chess conversation with the "Cop From John Doe" God..
Old 01-08-05, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
I liked Joan's chess conversation with the "Cop From John Doe" God..
I agree. There is some very good writing within
this series. Glad to see that Janes boat is
coming along nicely. I wonder what sort of
storyline the writers have for it when it's
finished.
Old 01-10-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree that the Chess God part was the best. Sucks for Kevin though.

So I guess Arcadia is where Drew Valentine moved to after leaving Capeside.
Old 01-10-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had just about given up on this, but since my wife likes it, I PVRed it and watched it with her. This was one of the better episodes lately, IMO. I think because it was more light-hearted than recent ones, especially with the rock paper scissor wars.