Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mis-Framed ALL IN THE FAMILY Season 3 DVD????

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the middle of watching the third season DVD's of ALL IN THE FAMILY and one episode seems to be pretty seriously mis-framed. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's episode #15 on disc #2 ("Archie and the Bowling Team"). At first, I just noticed a couple of shots where the tops of the characters' heads were chopped off at the top of the frame and assumed maybe it was just composed poorly upon filming. However, as I continued watching, it turns out the whole episode is incorrectly framed. There's way too much dead body space at the bottom of the screen and the tops of the characters' heads are seriously going out of frame at the top. It looks like Columbia didn't do much quality control on this particular episode and it was transferred incorrectly. It's the first episode on any of the sets that I've noticed this problem on. It's still watchable, but definitely noticeable and distracting.

Anyone else notice this? I've heard no comments or reviews whatsoever anywhere and this season 3 set has been out for a while now. It would be nice if Columbia did a fix someday, but considering I've heard no one else complain, why would they?