Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PSP battery can be triple!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSP battery can be triple!!

I would like to pass along this article for consumers detering away of getting a PSP b/c of its battery life. Worry no more!!

"Nyko Technologies recently announced at the CES that they have a range of peripherals in production for the PSP. The products include a PSP case, battery pack and screen protector. See below:

Theater Experience PSP, a case/stand for Sony PSP with built-in hi-fi speakers that extend the PSP’s play time threefold and delivers a full sound experience.

PSP Charger Case, an aluminum battery/charger case that extends the Sony PSP’s play time by three times and protects the device from water and shock.

Screen Armor PSP, a metal device that protects the PSP screen against scratches, nicks and wear and tear.

Nyko’s PSP products will launch in early 2005 and will be available in all major retailers.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/news/?c=65&i=105
Old 01-07-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
if only we had a video game forum for this post to go in
Old 01-07-05, 01:34 PM
Banned

For those who don't know what a PSP is (I didn't), it appears to be a portable Playstation Sony came out with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4094501.stm
Old 01-07-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Of course, the fact that they mask it with included speakers means that this peripheral is huge and will limit the portability of the device...

I mean, it probably comes default with an AC adapter that boosts usage time 1000000000x (or at least as long as you pay the electricity) if you didn't want to play it on the go anyway.
Old 01-07-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It sounds like both products that have triple battery life are add-ons, which I particularly hate with handhelds. However, if one of them is small enough and does truly triple battery life, it could be handy. The one with speakers could possibly be a bonus for those looking to use this for movies though.

I'm still on the fence about getting one of these though, regardless of battery life.
Old 01-09-05, 10:59 AM

Here is the website that displays the add-on for the Sony PSP. Forgive me, but I don't know how to add an image w/this posting.

Psp add-ons
Old 01-09-05, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Oh, now I see what they mean by tripling the batter power!
the Theater Experience has a battery cell in the base that can charge the PSP up to three full times.
So it just is a battery cell, that you plug your PSP into when it runs out of juice. It charges it up (doesn't say how long that takes) and you can play again. I wonder if you can play while it's charging? Judging by the picture, that doesn't look like that'd be too comfortable.
Old 01-11-05, 05:08 PM

that sounds perfect since I regularly take 13-14 hour flights to Asia and my problem is it dying midflight, but this way i can play my PSP and when it is low on battery just put it in the case to charge, I just hope it doesnt take to long to charge up.
Old 01-11-05, 05:15 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, that would be handy to charge on a flight,and play some more if it doesn't take long, but doesn't look like playing while charging will be an option, and would be uncomfortable even if it's functional.
Old 01-11-05, 06:13 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
i read you cannot play while it is in this charger...which royally sucks!