DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Can somebody explain some Transformers DVD to me

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 11:14 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can somebody explain some Transformers DVD to me

Ok...i want to collect The Transformers on DVD but here are my questions
1) The US release by Rhino.....how many seasons are there to complete the seasons? So far i only see 3 seasons.
2) What are the Season 2 part 1 or Season 3 part 1 i am seeing in the stores? Are they not complete?
3) On Ebay there are 2 Transformers title that looks interesting i) MasterForce and ii) Headmasters. Are they Japanese release only? If they are Japanese release, why do they have English language in dialog? Are they real original dialog or some Engrish dialog?

Anybody?
Old 01-06-05, 11:59 PM

1) There are four seasons total released by Rhino across 5 separate box sets. They are: Season 1, Season 2 part 1, Season 2 part 2, Season 3 part 1, and Season 3 part 2/Season 4. Season 4 was technically only 3 episodes long, so it was stuck in with the end of season 3.

2) Seasons 2 and 3 were split up into two-part releases because they contain a lot more episodes than Season 1 did. So for example, if you buy the Season 2 part 1 set and the Season 2 part 2 set, you have all of Season 2.

3) To the best of my knowledge, those auctions are not for official releases. Masterforce and Headmasters are the Japanese versions of what happened after Season 3. Our Season 4 here in the US does not occur in the Japanese continuity since they decided to make their own season 4 over there, which became Headmasters. Masterforce was the followup season to Headmasters in Japan. The English versions are most likely the fandubs that have been around the Internet for several years. And they are absolutely terrible. Some people took it upon themselves to dub the series with horrible results (bad scripts, bad acting, bad voices, and bad name errors). I wouldn't waste money on them, besides the fact that they're probably bootlegs.
Old 01-07-05, 08:57 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by CloudVader
1) There are four seasons total released by Rhino across 5 separate box sets. They are: Season 1, Season 2 part 1, Season 2 part 2, Season 3 part 1, and Season 3 part 2/Season 4. Season 4 was technically only 3 episodes long, so it was stuck in with the end of season 3.

2) Seasons 2 and 3 were split up into two-part releases because they contain a lot more episodes than Season 1 did. So for example, if you buy the Season 2 part 1 set and the Season 2 part 2 set, you have all of Season 2.

3) To the best of my knowledge, those auctions are not for official releases. Masterforce and Headmasters are the Japanese versions of what happened after Season 3. Our Season 4 here in the US does not occur in the Japanese continuity since they decided to make their own season 4 over there, which became Headmasters. Masterforce was the followup season to Headmasters in Japan. The English versions are most likely the fandubs that have been around the Internet for several years. And they are absolutely terrible. Some people took it upon themselves to dub the series with horrible results (bad scripts, bad acting, bad voices, and bad name errors). I wouldn't waste money on them, besides the fact that they're probably bootlegs.

Thanks CloudVader. This helps out a lot!!
Old 01-07-05, 12:24 PM

here's a good episode guide that will show you where the movie fits in as well:
http://www.tfarchive.org/modules.php...howpage&pid=23