Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Roswell - The Complete Series Box Set?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-05, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roswell - The Complete Series Box Set?

Does anyone know when they plan to release the final 3rd season of the series Roswell, if they plan on making on of those complete sets like some other shows have done. Season 3, the final season comes out this summer.
Old 01-02-05, 04:53 PM

Well Fox have done a Full seasion set in the UK, they seem to do it with most TV shows now, but america may well not get it as they dont seem to bring them out over there as much, but you can hope
Old 01-02-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

UK (region 2) always gets better treatement with DVD's than region 1 for some reason. I don't really expect a Box set in American for awhile atleast. The only thing I'm keeping my fingers crossed for is for the uncut finale (it was written and filmed as a two-part episode)
Old 01-02-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
do you have any more info on that? as much as i enjoyed season one i thought seasons 2 and 3 were really lacking. however, there were some good episodes, and i thought the finale kind of had that season one feeling to it.
Old 01-03-05, 02:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I found season 2 to be the best. There was much more emphasis on aliens and powers then high school drama. Plus the actress who played Tess what cute....
Old 01-03-05, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Unlike Buffy the Vampire Slayer where I can actually list the seasons in order of best to worst (3,2,1,7,5,4,6) Roswell I liked each season as much as the others; eventhough they had there own distinct feeling (Season 1 = mysterious, season 2 = sci-fi action to the point of anime almost, season 3= Roswell 90210).

And in regards to the 2-hour Finale, the only information I have found on it is that is exsist (tvtome.com, imdb.com, and Fox (I emailed them) all confirm that the episode was shot that way, but it has never aired). Also there havn't been any bootlegs that leaked, the only known things about it comes from interviews with the writers that said they extended episodes had a) alot more build up with Liz's Vision b) had the "consequences" of Tess's Death more central c) There was a scene with Max and his parents about his Son, d) Liz and Max have sex after he proposes, and e) the montage of the group after they leave Roswell was originally about 12 minutes long.

The only bad thing about the 2-hour finale, is that everyone considered with making the show said that they consider the 1-hour finale the definitive episodes, because it was the one that aired.
Old 02-08-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
And in regards to the 2-hour Finale, the only information I have found on it is that is exsist (tvtome.com, imdb.com, and Fox (I emailed them) all confirm that the episode was shot that way, but it has never aired). Also there havn't been any bootlegs that leaked, the only known things about it comes from interviews with the writers that said they extended episodes had a) alot more build up with Liz's Vision b) had the "consequences" of Tess's Death more central c) There was a scene with Max and his parents about his Son, d) Liz and Max have sex after he proposes, and e) the montage of the group after they leave Roswell was originally about 12 minutes long.
For crying out loud, man!! Couldn't you have put spoiler tags on this?

Now I know a principle plot occurrence in the final season.

I just found out something else about Tess in another thread (
Spoiler:
the fact that she caused Alex's death
) because someone didn't use spoiler tags.

Aaaaaaarggggghhhh!

Last edited by SlingshotBandit; 02-08-05 at 06:23 AM.