Reload this Page >

Law & Order franchise: two questions

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-30-04, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

IŽve just seen the first and second seasons of Law And Order.

Great show !!

Now IŽll probably buy:

Law & Order: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT

or

Law & Order: CRIMINAL INTENT

Please, help me on the following:

1)

Is it strictly necessary to have seen the remaining seasons of Law and Order to fully understand these spin offs ?

2)

Regarding the two spin offs which is the best and which would you choose to see first?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-30-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
It is not necessary to see the original before the spin-offs. I like SVU quite a bit better than CI. I like Det. Goran in CI, but it seems that every shows ends the same, with him talking down the suspect in interrogation.
Old 12-30-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CI sucks, SVU is better, but not quite as good as regular L&O. They really need to get 3-13 out!
Old 12-30-04, 01:21 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

As cdollaz mentioned, you do not really need to be familiar with any of the series to enjoy any of the spin-off series. Although, being familiar with the characters is nice, because there are a few cameos that mean something...

Anyways, SVU follows the same format and feels much like of L&O in its presentation. CI is a much different series. I'm going to keep this short, e-mail me if you'd like a more thorough dissection. If you like L&O, you'll most likely like SVU. However, since CI is much different than L&O or SVU, you may or may not like it. It's more of a mystery/suspense series that focuses mainly on character bringing down the bad guy. Very little focus on the law and order portion of the other two series.