Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House, M.D. 12/28/04

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
House, M.D. 12/28/04

Gasp! Could it be, a new episode amidst a holiday season of reruns? Yes! Tonight we get a new episode of House.
Old 12-28-04, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, not only a new episode during a week of reruns, but Fox replayed two older episodes last night. Could it be that they're actually trying to support this show? Lets hope it survives for a second season.
Old 12-28-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fallfan
Wow, not only a new episode during a week of reruns, but Fox replayed two older episodes last night. Could it be that they're actually trying to support this show? Lets hope it survives for a second season.
I am very glad they replayed the two last night because I missed one of them and was very mad I forgot to watch it when it originally aired, but the trusty replaytv got it ..I hope they don't cancel it...
Old 12-28-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How can you not like House calling in Wilson for a consult with the patient with the enhanced bustline, and ordering tests to make it more "legitimate"? Haha. Glad Cuddy called them on it.

I think I've seen enough of Domenic Purcell in guest-starring roles. I found it somewhat hard to accept someone willing to keep infidelity a secret when it threatens to kill them. But, given the spouse's reaction the patient knew why the infidelity had to be kept secret for their marriage to continue.

The backstory for Cameron makes her an even more heartbreaking character in some respects, she's got a lot of heart, and the emotional distance between her and her patients is probably too small for her to be effective in the long run in this medical capacity.
Old 12-28-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What a great show! The writing remains crisp and even the repetitive formula doesn't seem to be dragging it down (yet). I get quite a kick out of some of House's witicisms.

One question about this episode. (Spoiler Alert!!!)

So we learn that Cameron married a BF with the knowledge that he would be dying soon after. Thus, she has a big heart. Why does this make her so sensitive to losing a baby and marital infidelity? I get why she is all about the 'love', but shouldn't she be on the side of the husband (i.e. upset that his wife betrayed their love) in this matter? Am I missing something here, b/c I certainly feel like I did.
Old 12-28-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WHAT?

I missed it cause I thought it'd be a re-run.
Old 12-29-04, 12:41 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
"We know it's not a race thing becasue you're not any blacker then last week"

The scene in the clinic with the breasts was good.

I really like where they've gone with the relationship between House and Cuddy. It seemed liked they were going to start off as them being enemies, but now it's more playful back and forth.

Originally Posted by dave-o
So we learn that Cameron married a BF with the knowledge that he would be dying soon after. Thus, she has a big heart. Why does this make her so sensitive to losing a baby and marital infidelity? I get why she is all about the 'love', but shouldn't she be on the side of the husband (i.e. upset that his wife betrayed their love) in this matter? Am I missing something here, b/c I certainly feel like I did.
Didn't see lose her own baby? That's going to be tough on anyone.

As far as tonight, I don't think she could understand how anyone could wish their spouse dead after having to deal with the death of her husbande; even if she did cheat on him.
Old 12-29-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dave-o
What a great show! The writing remains crisp and even the repetitive formula doesn't seem to be dragging it down (yet). I get quite a kick out of some of House's witicisms.
That's the only reason I'm watching it, because House is funny. If this was just a straight drama I don't think the bizarre cases would be enough to keep me watching.
Old 12-29-04, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
That's the only reason I'm watching it, because House is funny. If this was just a straight drama I don't think the bizarre cases would be enough to keep me watching.
The comedic aspects of the show and certain members in the cast are what keep me coming back. It's definitely not for the medical drama.

MrX - that line had me laughing my ass off, too.
Old 12-29-04, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fell asleep before the end.

Can someone please recap what happened after the husband walked in while House was examining the woman?
Old 12-29-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Didn't see lose her own baby? That's going to be tough on anyoe.
Nope, House pulled her medical file and mentioned that she had never been pregnant so we still don't know what the deal is with her and children. Good episode with some really great one-liners.
Old 12-29-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roto

That's the only reason I'm watching it, because House is funny.
Agreed. However, I'm starting to really tire of it. The formula get more annoying with each passing week. I love House's little one-liners, and I enjoy the cast, but if the writing doesn't get any more interesting, I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep watching. One thing's for sure: Fox shot themselves in the foot again with severe overpromotion. This show is nowhere near the quality they promoted it to be. It's much closer to something like Crossing Jordan, where the writing is pretty average, but we continue to watch simply because the lead actors/characters are entertaining.

dave-o

I get why she is all about the 'love', but shouldn't she be on the side of the husband (i.e. upset that his wife betrayed their love) in this matter? Am I missing something here, b/c I certainly feel like I did.
She probably feels that a one-time infidelity is insignificant when compared to death. He's walking away from someone who loves him, and it pisses her off that he'd willingly walk away when there are others (like her) who have love ripped away from them by death. I also got the feeling that they may want to set up the possibility that she cheated on her man while he was dying for a potential emotional payoff in another episode.

das
Old 12-29-04, 01:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

In some good news, it posted solid ratings last night and finished 3rd in it's timeslot behind CBS and ABC
Old 12-29-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
In some good news, it posted solid ratings last night and finished 3rd in it's timeslot behind CBS and ABC
Against reruns.
Old 12-30-04, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
Against reruns.
All viewers were non-viewers at one point or another....any eyeball is a good eyeball.
Old 12-30-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Which means it beat the Pride, though, right?
Old 12-30-04, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lisadoris
Nope, House pulled her medical file and mentioned that she had never been pregnant so we still don't know what the deal is with her and children.
I thought it was because she never got to have children with her husband before he died.

Originally Posted by Patman
How can you not like House calling in Wilson for a consult with the patient with the enhanced bustline, and ordering tests to make it more "legitimate"? Haha. Glad Cuddy called them on it.
I got a kick out of the fact that the breast lady was played by Clementine Ford, daughter of Cybill Shepherd. My she has grown!

Last edited by Jadzia; 12-30-04 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-04-05, 06:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but Fox has ordered 5 more episodes taking the total to 18.