Reload this Page >

New Gilligan's Island

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Gilligan's Island

Old 12-22-04, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Gilligan's Island

Did anyone else stick this out to the end?

Thanks to Tivo I did and....

Spoiler:
I'm really pissed that the guy with $500M won the car and $250,000.
It was nauseating seeing him all excited jumping into the Mustang and blowing the horn. I was a Skipper fan.
Old 12-22-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fell asleep halfway through the finale....after reading your spoilers I figured that was gonna happen with the 3 that were left.
Old 12-23-04, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
The final scene where the winner received the prizes reminded me of when I work late and everyone is in bed when I get home, and the wife has left a note letting me know that she saved some dinner for me in the fridge.

One of the most anti-climactic moments in television history.
Old 12-23-04, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Naz. I didn't want Mr. Stearns to win, either. However, I am glad that they made reference to the Stearns donating the money in one of the last couple episodes. I was hoping he was going to give the car to Kate.

and by the way: Kate...

Overall, this show was a joke. It was such a survivor rip-off; even the host was mimicing Jeff Probst. I guess I was really hoping for more out of this than what it was.

And Bill Needle: you couldn't have said it any better. That ending seemed like the producers even wanted the show over with!
Old 12-23-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by kramdenfan
I agree Naz. I didn't want Mr. Stearns to win, either. However, I am glad that they made reference to the Stearns donating the money in one of the last couple episodes. I was hoping he was going to give the car to Kate.

and by the way: Kate...

Overall, this show was a joke. It was such a survivor rip-off; even the host was mimicing Jeff Probst. I guess I was really hoping for more out of this than what it was.

And Bill Needle: you couldn't have said it any better. That ending seemed like the producers even wanted the show over with!
Kate is brain dead. I am glad that she didn't win - that stupid stupid girl. Why would you take the millionaires into the final three when you know it will be two against one. After she voted essentially against Gilligan after promising him to take him to the Final 2, I stopped watching. WTF was she thinking - yup like the millionaires needed the 250k for their tax deductions.
Gilligan or the skipper should have won. Dumb b*tch!
Old 12-23-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
Kate is brain dead. I am glad that she didn't win - that stupid stupid girl. Why would you take the millionaires into the final three when you know it will be two against one. After she voted essentially against Gilligan after promising him to take him to the Final 2, I stopped watching. WTF was she thinking - yup like the millionaires needed the 250k for their tax deductions.

Yeah. She's a regular Kim Bauer.
Old 12-23-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
I can't believe Mark Burnett wasn't able to keep this off the air, it was that much of a rip-off. I didn't so mind at first that it was "like" Survivor, but when Voodoo Village (Tribal Council) and "You've been banished to the other side of the island ("The Tribe has spoken") and everything else that happened, it was hard to take.

Finally, Kate took the Stearns to the finals because she was promised a job. I had a feeling he'd do that to one or more people and I don't know if he actually did it because no one cares what happened to these people, but Gilligan mentioned a job specifically and I believe that completely. I could even see it in Kate's face when she lost. And if she did get the job, she probably made the best decision. Even for a crappy show like this, I can't believe they let someone use his wealth to influence the outcome.

Clearly, Kate was VERY unlikely to beat either Mr. and Mrs. Stears, who were both clearly better than her at the physical challenges and neither needed the money. Charity? So what? I liked when Gilligan mentioned to Mr. Stearns just how easily he could donate 250k of his 500 million dollar wealth without batting an eye. So Kate took out the Skipper and Gilligan, who have very little money and two people she probably would have defeated in the final challenge for the Stears. I don't buy it.

I can't believe they are doing another one so soon. The need to, at the very least, make sure the millionaires can't even mention some kind of payment, reward or job to be advanced in the game and they need millionaires that are somewhat close in what they have. They had one set with an estimated wealth of 3 million and another at 500 million. That's not even in the same league and you always felt the Stears could just laugh at those posers. They chose that couple because they knew that sicko lady would make for conflict, but still, you can become homeless with 3 million and some bad luck. You aren't ever going to want for anything EVER, if you have 500 million.