Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Voltron DVD Set?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voltron DVD Set?

Where is this dvd set? I prefer the non-3d cgi version. Another year have past and nothing. I've been waiting for this set to come out for years. Anyone know of why it isn't being release?
Old 12-21-04, 07:34 PM
Banned

There was talk of it at animatedbliss.com a while back, but I haven't heard any new updates lately.

But I'm on the other side with you. I'd prefer the 3D CG version. Voltron: The Third Dimension only ahd 26 episodes over two seasons. 17 in the first and 9 in the second. Could be done all in one package. One 4-disc set would catch it just like the Beast Wars: Season 1.

Last edited by Mike Lowrey; 12-21-04 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-21-04, 07:39 PM

World Events Productions (WEP) was supposed to have setup some sort of DVD deal (with another company), but I haven't heard anything in a while. I don't think they've abandoned it or anything... just might be taking longer than expected.

UPDATE: Here you go:
http://www.voltronforce.com/dvd.html

That page hasn't been updated in quite a while, so I'm not sure what sort of time frame they're on.

Last edited by joshualane; 12-21-04 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-21-04, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by joshualane
World Events Productions (WEP) was supposed to have setup some sort of DVD deal (with another company), but I haven't heard anything in a while. I don't think they've abandoned it or anything... just might be taking longer than expected.

UPDATE: Here you go:
http://www.voltronforce.com/dvd.html

That page hasn't been updated in quite a while, so I'm not sure what sort of time frame they're on.
That's been up for awhile Josh. However, as the pre-eminent source of DVD animation (especial Japanamation) on the net, I fully expect you to break the news first
Old 09-10-05, 06:24 AM

Hate to revive a thread this old, but fans of Voltron deserved an update, so I gave them one. I hope the meager info helps.
Old 09-10-05, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Thanks for the update. I hope ADV ends up being the one who releases it, if it ever actually gets released.
It's getting really aggravating how the US always gets the shaft while other countries get better releases of stuff or in this case we don't get any release at all. I mean ffs Australia gets Voltron on DVD and the US doesn't.....wtf?
Old 03-28-06, 08:20 AM

Just to bump this.. looks like a major Voltron announcement (possibly about the DVDs) is coming on Thursday.. here's hoping:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5383
http://www.voltron.com/
Old 03-28-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was worried the announcement would be about the movie or something, but I think it has GOT to be about the DVD's coming out because the quotes on the countdown are strictly about the demand for the show on DVD.
Old 03-28-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I was worried the announcement would be about the movie or something, but I think it has GOT to be about the DVD's coming out because the quotes on the countdown are strictly about the demand for the show on DVD.
I agree with you. The only announcement that would bring the type of hype they are promoting could only be the dvds coming out.
Old 03-30-06, 12:04 PM

Another bump.. the site went live with the announcement.

The DVDs are coming out September 2006 from Media Blasters. There's a website up for it, but it's slow:

http://www.voltrondvd.com/

8 DVD sets with 15 episodes each spread across 3 discs (wow, 24 DVDs for the whole set?)

"Aggressive video restoration, and remixed 5.1 audio"

Also, they announce Golion and Dairugger (Japanese originals of Lion and Vehicle Voltron) for 2007.
Old 03-30-06, 12:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yes, the website is a little slow. Anyway, they also said they'd pack in as many extras as they could get, which is awesome. Can't wait for the first set, although I hope they don't wait a long time in between releases.
Old 03-30-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this is great news.
Old 03-30-06, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Finally. I've been waiting for these pricks to get on with it for the longest time.

At least Media Blasters got it...I've been happy with the job they and their parent company have done with DVDs...Their sister label is Tokyo Shock, responsible for the nice Region 1 Ichi the Killer among other things...
Old 03-30-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome news! I only wish the entire series was coming out at once instead of 1 Vol. at a time like regular anime releases.
I'm sure Media Blasters will do a great job on it though.
Old 03-30-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

About time, great news
Old 03-30-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Awesome news.
Old 03-30-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice... Finally the main cartoon from my childhood I want and will purchase. Im excited!!!
Old 03-30-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm sure they'll be overpriced, but I'm still in. Now, onto MASK!
Old 03-31-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Loved Voltron. This has been long overdue
Old 06-19-06, 11:55 AM

So has anyone heard any updates on this? The voltronondvd.com site doesn't seem that useful. I am definitely looking forward to this though!

I considered starting a new thread with a more appropriate title (like Updates on upcoming Voltron release?), but this thread had the pertinent info already. Maybe a mod could update the subject?

So, who else is looking forward to this? Since this supposedly will be an 8 volume set, does this mean that it will have the original Voltron as well as the series with the 3 groups (Land Air and Sea maybe? it has been a long time...)? I don't even know how long the series ran, but I sure enjoyed it growing up. Any guesses as to what all will be included?

There was also another cartoon with a large robot that I liked, but I can't seem to place the name. Anyone have suggestions as to what it might have been? It would have aired during the 80's.

Thanks,
David
Old 06-19-06, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drindustrial

There was also another cartoon with a large robot that I liked, but I can't seem to place the name. Anyone have suggestions as to what it might have been? It would have aired during the 80's.

Thanks,
David
Tranzor Z (Mazinger in Japan)? It was a huge robot where the pilot landed a hovership into his head. He could shoot his fists off and energy beams using the things on his chest. His girl friend had a girl robot that could shoot off breast missles (not joking) & the comedy fat guy who eventually got a robot that was created from a junkjard and always fell apart.

The one villian I remember was man on one half and woman on the other (think Batman's Two-Face).
Old 06-19-06, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by resinrats
Tranzor Z (Mazinger in Japan)? It was a huge robot where the pilot landed a hovership into his head. He could shoot his fists off and energy beams using the things on his chest. His girl friend had a girl robot that could shoot off breast missles (not joking) & the comedy fat guy who eventually got a robot that was created from a junkjard and always fell apart.

The one villian I remember was man on one half and woman on the other (think Batman's Two-Face).
This looks like it could be it. It has been a long time, but this looks right. Wonder if this will ever come to DVD? I will just be happy for Voltron for now.

David
Old 06-19-06, 01:41 PM

It's amazing what a little bit of web surfing can do for you. Directly from Cybert00n's Cartoon Campaign:

"After months of speculation, Voltron will premiere on DVD, thanks to MediaBlasters, the same company that will release Galaxy High. The plan is to release 8 DVD sets with three discs and about 15 episodes in each set. The first set will be available in September. MediaBlasters also plans to remaster the picture and feature remixed 5.1 sound. Many extras are in the works as well. These sets will include all 124 episodes, with 52 Lion Voltron, 52 Vehicle Voltron and the additional 20 Lion Voltron episodes, made for US! And if that wasn't enough, MediaBlasters is planning to release the original Japanese versions of Lion and Vehicle Voltron, "Hundred Beast King GoLion" and "Armored Squadron Dairugger XV" in 2007! Check out WEP's newly revamped Voltron.com as well!"

The original Jap versions would be quite cool to see, especially since I never have. Nice to see these will be coming out in 2007.

David
Old 06-23-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Another update from TVshowsondvd.com.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5903

Looks pretty sick if you ask me, I can't wait, although I hate how it's in 8 volumes.
Old 06-29-06, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Quack
Another update from TVshowsondvd.com.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5903

Looks pretty sick if you ask me, I can't wait, although I hate how it's in 8 volumes.
Yeah, this looks great. I am really looking forward to these.

David

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.