Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Garden State DVD Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-04, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garden State DVD Pictures

Just thought fans of Garden State would like to know that we have posted 24 images from the DVD, also some of the deleted scenes, the disc art, and cover of the front and back
I would add this to the already Garden State topic but I did a search and could not find it.

oh, we posted it at
www.zach-braff.com
on the GS page
Old 12-17-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

cool. Thanks.
Old 12-17-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet
Old 12-17-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome. I can't wait.
Old 12-17-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Loves it !
Old 12-18-04, 01:57 AM

Nice find and I can't wait until tuesday!
Old 12-18-04, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
sweet. can't wait until this comes out on DVD.
Old 12-21-04, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
sweet. can't wait until this comes out on DVD.
We just added a review with pictures of the Delete Scenes.
Old 12-21-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I liked the movie, but this dvd has one of the worst covers I've ever seen. I know it's only a cover, but it totally makes it seem like a different kind of movie than it is.
Old 12-21-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dvd looks great, I wished they had used the poster art for the dvd cover! But it is hard to say it is the worst cover when it has Natalie on it!
Old 12-21-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 12-21-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love it. Thanks. I am so anxious to get my hands on this dvd. I loved this movie so much. I know it is going to get lots of viewings.
Old 12-24-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I watched this dvd the other day - nice flick, but it seemed like it was missing something. At just an hour and a half, it could have used some more of... something - that, and the ending felt very tacked-on, as if it was dictated by test audiences.

So I head over to the deleted scenes sections, 25 minutes worth of it, and oh my God, almost all of it should have stayed in the movie, as almost every deleted scene would have added immensely to the film fleshing it out more by giving it more detail and that extra "something". In the commentary for the deleted scenes, Braff explains how he wanted things to move faster and remain subtle, but the extra scenes would NOT have made things less subtle, they would have just fleshed things out better and given it a better sense of what the characters are going through.

Braff also makes a quick off-hand comment that if given a director's cut, he'd leave a lot of these scenes in, which leads me to think that he didn't have final cut and that his hand was forced by the studio to make a lot of the cuts.

(btw, am I the only person who doesn't understand all this attraction to Portman, she's cute and all, but absolutely nothing to drool over)
Old 12-24-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
So I watched this dvd the other day - nice flick, but it seemed like it was missing something. At just an hour and a half, it could have used some more of... something - that, and the ending felt very tacked-on, as if it was dictated by test audiences.

So I head over to the deleted scenes sections, 25 minutes worth of it, and oh my God, almost all of it should have stayed in the movie, as almost every deleted scene would have added immensely to the film fleshing it out more by giving it more detail and that extra "something". In the commentary for the deleted scenes, Braff explains how he wanted things to move faster and remain subtle, but the extra scenes would NOT have made things less subtle, they would have just fleshed things out better and given it a better sense of what the characters are going through.

Braff also makes a quick off-hand comment that if given a director's cut, he'd leave a lot of these scenes in, which leads me to think that he didn't have final cut and that his hand was forced by the studio to make a lot of the cuts.

(btw, am I the only person who doesn't understand all this attraction to Portman, she's cute and all, but absolutely nothing to drool over)

I was beginning to respect your opinion until I read that last sentence. You sir should never say such a thing out loud.
Old 12-24-04, 01:16 PM

We (zach-braff.com) will doing an interview with Zach next week and I'll be asking him about the hopes of a Dir/Cut DVD release later on. There are more deleted scenes that what made it on the DVD.
I am with you, I loved the movie but the "Ark" scene that was cut down needed to stay! I understand Largeman's feelings after seeing the longer take. Also the Ian Holn scene would have been great added for it.
Old 12-24-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Old 12-24-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ I can get behind that!
Old 12-24-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Dude, what are you talking about. That last sentence just makes me wonder if you had an evil twin type it or what? I'd hit it any day of the week personally.
Old 12-24-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees

x2
Old 12-24-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler

Spoiler:
you know she is gonna die in episode 3 right
Old 12-24-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Spoiler:
thank god we have spoiler tags
Old 12-24-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron
Spoiler
Use the fucking spoiler tags! They look like this:

[ spoiler ]Text about a movie that has nothing whatsoever to do with "Garden State."[/ spoiler ]

It would help if, outside the spoiler tags you mentioned what movie you're talking about so people don't click on it thinking it's about "Garden State" when it isn't.
Old 12-25-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by steebo777
Dude, what are you talking about. That last sentence just makes me wonder if you had an evil twin type it or what? I'd hit it any day of the week personally.
Just to get this out of the way, so we can move on with this thread...

I definitely think she's cute, but just not as much as the "internet geek" community seems to think. She's just not in the same hotness caliber of someone like Kate Beckinsale, or Nicole Kidman. That's all.

Last edited by slop101; 12-25-04 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-25-04, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
It would help if, outside the spoiler tags you mentioned what movie you're talking about so people don't click on it thinking it's about "Garden State" when it isn't.

Agreed. That was NOT cool.
Old 12-27-04, 09:45 AM

Just to get this out of the way, so we can move on with this thread...

I definitely think she's cute, but just not as much as the "internet geek" community seems to think. She's just not in the same hotness caliber of someone like Kate Beckinsale, or Nicole Kidman. That's all.

Your right she not like them, all fake and made up with makeup like those two. Natalie was be just a hot if you were waking up on a lazy sunday next to her in the bed. She does need to spend an hour "getting ready".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.