Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is there a Lurkers Guide to Star Trek?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-04, 02:17 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a Lurkers Guide to Star Trek?

The Lurkers Guide to B5 - one of the better episode guides out there with analyisis, commentary, plot points, thoughts from JMS, ect, ect. In short - a great companion to the show.

So I'm going through all the old school Trek episodes, stuff I havent seen in 20 years. I thought - damn, I could use a Lurkers Guide to catch all the details that might slip through the cracks.

Hey - what about online? The Internet and Trek go hand in hand! Geeks everywhere must have flocked to put up a really indepth episode guide at one time or another!

So - anyone have a URL or something they can point me to?
Old 12-14-04, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've looked a few times myself, but haven't found anything.

It's certainly not on Lurker level and it's not extensive, but TVTome has a few random points on many episodes that is good for a read: http://www.tvtome.com/StarTrek/guide.html
Old 12-14-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's two completely different worlds. B5 was a constant interaction between the creators and fans, so there are volumes of information out there. If you want a comprehensive episode guide, the obvious place is http://www.startrek.com - but I doubt you'll find anything like the Lurker's Guide.

As for Trek and the Internet going hand in hand, Paramount worked really hard to stifle all fan interest on the Web. There used to be some great sites out there, but it's no surprise most of them are gone.

das
Old 12-14-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This isn't what you asked for but:

http://www.snurcher.com/ is a pretty good guide to Farscape that follows the Lurkers mode. While not as in-depth, it's still nice to poke around when you're board.

The Lurker's Guide is so flippin' awesome. I can't imagine watching b5 withouth it as they go hand in hand in my mind. I wouldn't mind having a printed version.
Old 12-14-04, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Paramount foolishly decided years ago to start harassing all the independant Star Trek fan sites, harassing them for copyright infringement. It was a very thriving community once, and is close to dead now. There have been some terrific TOS and TNG episode guides and databases out there -- but your "google guess" is as good as mine, these days...