Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Shaun of the dead/Dawn of the dead 2 pack

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaun of the dead/Dawn of the dead 2 pack

Does anyone know about this http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd (ie more details) Like is the the shaun of the dead unrated or is it dawn of the dead?
Old 12-12-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dawn of the Dead is the unrated version.
Shaun of the Dead is the theatrical version (as it was uncut to begin with).
Old 12-13-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Oddly enough, the American version of Shaun is cut, it's the US theatrical version. I was talking with my girlfriend today, she's studying in the UK and she saw Shaun over there. She quoted a line where Shaun's roommate talks about things he did in college he wouldn't do today, dressing as Frankenfurter, drinking snakebite, having sex with a fat girl. That was in the UK cut, but is only in the deleted scenes on the DVD.
Old 12-13-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

since this 2-pack is only 5 bucks more, im going to wait a month for the 2-pack.
Old 12-13-04, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Oddly enough, the American version of Shaun is cut, it's the US theatrical version. I was talking with my girlfriend today, she's studying in the UK and she saw Shaun over there. She quoted a line where Shaun's roommate talks about things he did in college he wouldn't do today, dressing as Frankenfurter, drinking snakebite, having sex with a fat girl. That was in the UK cut, but is only in the deleted scenes on the DVD.
I have the region 2 UK disc, and that line isn't in the film. The cut on the reg 2 UK disc is exactly the same as the US theatrical version I saw in the theater.

Unless you mean it's on the deleted scenes portion of the UK dvd? I'd be surprised there wasn't some screaming from the UK fans if that were the case.

Last edited by bluesparrow; 12-13-04 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-13-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My girlfriend has only seen it in the theaters in the UK, never on DVD. She hasn't seen the special features, but she was quoting that line.

It's in the deleted scenes of the US cut. I'm suppossed to interview Simon Pegg this week, I'll ask him about it.
Old 12-13-04, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this sucks. I would've waited to buy DotD Unrated (2004) if I knew that this was gonna be in a 2-Pack with Shaun of the Dead.

You win some, you lose some.

Oh wells, since this is an Universal title, I'll just buy it used since there's no insert neways.
Old 12-13-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My girlfriend has only seen it in the theaters in the UK, never on DVD. She hasn't seen the special features, but she was quoting that line.

It's in the deleted scenes of the US cut. I'm suppossed to interview Simon Pegg this week, I'll ask him about it.
Did your girlfriend see an early screening of the movie? They cut that out because they felt it wasn't funny. They mention it in the commentary on the UK disc.

I saw it in the cinemas in the UK as well and that line was not in it, but that was during the general release.

So the US Theatrical version is not cut.
Old 12-13-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
anyone know if all the extras from the R2 are going to be ported over to the R1 version of Shaun of the Dead?
Old 12-13-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Would be awesome if it was the original Dawn of the Dead. I'll probably still pick this up though, as I don't have Shaun yet, and I've yet to see Dawn 2004 yet.
Old 12-13-04, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Did your girlfriend see an early screening of the movie? They cut that out because they felt it wasn't funny. They mention it in the commentary on the UK disc.

I saw it in the cinemas in the UK as well and that line was not in it, but that was during the general release.

Lastdays is most correct.
Old 12-13-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice - finally a two-pack where both titles are on my "to buy" list.

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-13-04, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
anyone know if all the extras from the R2 are going to be ported over to the R1 version of Shaun of the Dead?
Everything it seems but two commentaries: one with Bill Nighy and Penelope Wilton, the other with extras who were zombies in the film. The former isn't much of a loss (their nonstop flirting grows old fast), but the zombie commentary is quite fun.
Old 12-13-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain

She didn't see it in theaters over there until Oct., after the region 2 disc was available. Some theater brought it back for Halloween. Glad to know it's not cut, but not I'm just confused about how she knew the line.
Old 12-13-04, 11:35 AM

Hey, sweet. Will be picking this up for sure!
Old 12-13-04, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not getting the 2-pack, but waiting patiently for Shaun...
Old 12-13-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Glad to know it's not cut, but not I'm just confused about how she knew the line.
Does she have the soundtrack? Because the dialogue of that exchange between Shaun and his roommate is on there.
Old 12-13-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Does she have the soundtrack? Because the dialogue of that exchange between Shaun and his roommate is on there.
That might be it. I asked her to get me the soundtrack for Christmas, maybe she has listened to it.
Old 12-13-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

I own the UK DVD and that line is only in the Special features in the cut scenes, if this is true then the DVD was cut...
Old 12-14-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
That might be it. I asked her to get me the soundtrack for Christmas, maybe she has listened to it.
You're in for a treat. The soundtrack is excellent - the songs (which are great) are mixed together with dialogue sprinkled in here and there. It's a shame there was no domestic release of it.