Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Wild at Heart (DVD question)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Wild at Heart (DVD question)

For those of you who have bought it already, how is the DVD overall? Video/audio quality? extras? also is the movie the way it was meant to be seen, no cuts or abnormalities.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-04, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13540
Old 12-13-04, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You get the US theatrical cut. Dafoes headshot scene is cut or altered. Read this : http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCom...ildatheart.htm
Amund.
Old 12-13-04, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember I saw this film in a U.S. theater, and even if Dafoe's headshot was altered for U.S audiences, I still found it unforgettable and nearly traumatizing in its exhibition. I did not need the blood of the original cut. The left-overs rolling on the street afterward was enough to revolt me. It works either way, unless one is a warpo who appreciates the graphic kind of violence.
Old 12-13-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Dafoes headshot scene is cut or altered.
I think the alteration was adding the blood, not taking it away, since the way it was originally released, that blood wasn't there. The shot's plenty gross either way.
Old 12-13-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ginwen
I think the alteration was adding the blood, not taking it away, since the way it was originally released, that blood wasn't there. The shot's plenty gross either way.
But the way it was originally released suppressed the blood in order to get an R-rating instead of an NC-17.
Old 12-13-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by slowcloud
I remember I saw this film in a U.S. theater, and even if *********'s headshot was altered for U.S audiences, I still found it unforgettable and nearly traumatizing in its exhibition. I did not need the blood of the original cut. The left-overs rolling on the street afterward was enough to revolt me. It works either way, unless one is a warpo who appreciates the graphic kind of violence.
Was it necessary to spoil the movie for folks who haven't seen it? I'm well-aware that someone suffers some serious head-injury in this movie, but thanks to you, I now know who it is. Please be more careful.
Old 12-13-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There's an extensive discussion going on about this here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=53476

I've looked at DVDBeaver's comparison review but they only provided two screen shots of the shotgun scene. Could somebody please take a few more so I could get a sense of just how bad the fogging is overall? It would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 12-13-04 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-13-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginwen
No blood was added or taken away. Lynch added a digital smoke effect that partially obscures the gore in order to secure an R rating.
Old 12-13-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
No blood was added or taken away. Lynch added a digital smoke effect that partially obscures the gore in order to secure an R rating.
OK, sorry I'm usually not but was too lazy to figure this all out. I only remember that I saw it in the theater and this part was enough over the top from what I'd seen up until then that I just started laughing, blood or no blood. Other people in the theater thought I was pretty weird (which I suppose I am).