Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Full House (Korean TV Drama): Anyone planning on picking up this 9 disc box set?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Full House (Korean TV Drama): Anyone planning on picking up this 9 disc box set?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only seen the first two episodes, but I really fell for this show. It's a fantastic, and the only, Korean TV Drama that I've ever seen. Are other shows as good as this one?

http://www.dvddebate.com/modules.php...ticle&sid=4975

Bitwin and KBS will maintain a healthy trend by releasing South Korean TV Drama, Full House: Director's Cut on December 26th with optional English subtitles. The series will be spread over nine discs and include a Korean Dolby Stereo 2.0 track and fullscreen presentation.

So far, I am unable to translate the supplementary materials, as the source site has listed them in Korean.

The SRP is US $119 but can be bought for $109 here.

Read on for a brief synopsis.

After coming back from a trip to China that her friends paid for, Han Ji Eun finds out that they did so only to sell her house while she was away. She returns and finds that the new owner of the house is none other than famous actor Lee Young Jae, whom she happened to meet on her trip. Circumstances bring Young Jae and Ji Eun into a marriage by contract, making them appear as a couple to the public. Under the terms of the contract, they will be married for 6 months while Ji Eun does all the housework.

After 6 months, she will get the house back. Ji Eun finds herself falling for Young Jae, but he loves his childhood friend, Hae Won. Young Jae?s friend, Min Hyuk, also shows an interest in Ji Eun. Many interesting and amusing things happen to this ?couple? throughout their married life that bring them closer together, but will they really become a couple?
Old 12-10-05, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if it'll do any good to ask again, but...did any of you ever buy this?
Old 12-10-05, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw the first few episodes but it didnt impress me much... if you want a really good korean drama watch my name is kim sam soon or ruler of our own world. those two korean dramas are my favorites.
Old 12-10-05, 07:57 AM

I wish Korean series weren't so expensive, otherwise I'd definitely consider them.
Old 12-10-05, 09:46 AM

I have this and on my initial viewing, I really enjoyed the series but upon watching it again, I found it a bit repetitive. I would recommend it as a rental since I think it does not hold up with repeated viewings, unless you're a big fan of Bi/Rain. Other Korean series I would recommend would be "Lovers in Paris", "My Sweet 18", "What Happened in Bali", "My Name is Kim Sam Soon", "Sang Doo Let's Go to School" and "I'm Sorry, I Love You".
Old 12-10-05, 10:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
no Dave Coulier or John Stamos - no sale
Old 12-10-05, 01:32 PM

watch emperor of the sea. great series and you will get very angry >< like i did