Woohoo got in on a microsoft survey

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woohoo got in on a microsoft survey

I guess a while back i signed up for microsoft playtester thing

http://www.microsoft.com/playtest/

got a survey today.. took me 5 minutes and i got a free game. The choices were any of the microsoft game studios games. Fable was on there but i chose Sudeki to give to my friend for christmas.. Sign up if you can, it may be worth your while

i couldn't find the original post where i signed up from so that's another reason i'm making this one

small list from the site

You may select one gratuity from an extensive list of our most popular games, including:

* Rise of Nations: Gold Edition
* Zoo Tycoon 2
* Dungeon Siege
* Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight

Xbox titles now available!
* Project Gotham Racing 2
* Fable
* Outrun 2
* Kingdom Under Fire

We've also added a few additional software items for those who prefer an alternative to game titles. These include:

* Digital Image Suite 10.0
* Publisher 2003 with Digital Imaging
* Money Premium 2005
* Windows XP Professional

there were definately more as i got Sudeki
Old 12-11-04, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The site says you have to volunteer for a 2-3 hour study. But you just had to do a survey?
Old 12-11-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
The site says you have to volunteer for a 2-3 hour study. But you just had to do a survey?

The site also said they do on-line surveys on occasion.
Old 12-11-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yep just a survey, this is the email i got

UT Survey @ Microsoft
<[email protected]> to me
More options Dec 10 (23 hours ago)
Hi joe, I'm from the UT Survey group, a part of Microsoft Game Studios.

A while ago you entered your name into the UTSurvey database at www.microsoft.com/playtest. The reason for this message is that we'd love for you to fill out a gaming survey. We're always seeking thoughts and opinions from people and the information you could provide will help us improve our games.

We're specifically looking for people who have played shooter games over Xbox Live. If you haven't played shooter games over Xbox Live then there is no need to read any further. If you have played shooter games over Xbox Live and would like to fill out this survey then all you have to do is click the link below.

The survey should take you about 20 minutes to complete but you don't have to do it all in one sitting. If you like, you can stop the survey and come back to it at a later time and it will remember where you were. Just click the same link listed below.

We understand that you may not be interested in receiving emails like this in the future so if you would prefer to see your name removed from our list then please just reply to this email and replace the subject line with the word REMOVE and we will see to it that you are not contacted again.

Thanks!

The UT Survey Group
Microsoft Game Studios
Old 12-11-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks interesting. I'll sign up for kicks and hopefully i'll get free stuff too
Old 12-11-04, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I used to do the playtests in Redmond until I moved out of the area. Most of the times, I got to play new games before they came out (including an XBox game or two before the XBox was even out). Once I played a PS2 game and once a Gamecube game, though. I guess they wanted to hear what people thought of their competitors' games.
Old 12-11-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free shit rocks
Old 12-11-04, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I used to do the playtests in Redmond until I moved out of the area. Most of the times, I got to play new games before they came out (including an XBox game or two before the XBox was even out). Once I played a PS2 game and once a Gamecube game, though. I guess they wanted to hear what people thought of their competitors' games.
I used to do that too, we may even have been at some of the same ones. I've also done the none-games software--you get regular software for that (the best thing I got was Visual Studio for 2 hours of testing Word). I stopped because I was too busy for awhile, but I just signed up again, so hopefully I'll get to do some more.
Old 12-12-04, 04:30 PM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Bastards. I used to get called in for playtesting... (I lived right across the street from the building they do the play testing), but after I moved, I haven't been able to get their attention. That was about 4 years ago.
Old 12-13-04, 03:12 PM

Thanks! I signed up, but I think I disqualified myself by admitting that I work in the games industry. Oh well
Old 12-14-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Signed up three days ago..just got a call back...playing games this coming up sunday

Thanks guy!
Old 12-14-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jrobinson
Bastards. I used to get called in for playtesting... (I lived right across the street from the building they do the play testing), but after I moved, I haven't been able to get their attention. That was about 4 years ago.

Dude you get free games.
Old 12-15-04, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
So Microsoft called me for a play test and asked me a bunch of questions. Unfortunately, they said I didn't match the criteria for there tests.

Does anyone know what type of gamer they are looking for? They listed a bunch of games and asked me many hours I had played on the games. I hadn't played a lot of the games, so I lied a bit and made some numbers up.

Do you think they want people with less or more game experience?
Old 12-15-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Its all random..sometimes they want people who havent played much..sometimes they want hardcore gamers.

It depends
Old 12-15-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet, thanks for the link. I just signed up. I already have Sudeki, OutRun2, and Kingdom Under Fire (screeners for this site, as it turns out), but I'd love to get Fable for free.

The Internet is so awesome.
Old 12-21-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yay, I got a call back and I've been selected to participate.

Incidentally, they asked me in the screening phone call how many hours in the past year I'd played, like, 30 games, and I answered 0 to all but the Crazy Taxi series.
Old 12-21-04, 04:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

They now report the software you take to IRS if the total you took total up to more than $600 per year. They use have MS Project and Visual Studio but now they stopped it.I use to get call 4-6 times a year but got bored of it and ask them to take me off their lists.