TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joey 12/09/04

Old 12-09-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Joey 12/09/04

This was probably one of, if not my favorite, episodes yet. A couple of "special" co-stars:

Spoiler:
  • Lucy Liu
  • Colby Donaldson
  • Dayna Devon
  • Drea DeMattea's Cleavage (I think she spent the whole show leaning over)
  • Portia Dawson (ok, I have a little crush on her, so she is not that big of a star)

A couple of pretty funny parts, and a really good episode overall.
Old 12-09-04, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i stopped watching this show after the seconds episode. It is just horrible and cant see why anyone would watch it.
Old 12-09-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the cleavage made uo for her face
Lucy Lui was awesome
hopefully joey continues to
Spoiler:
keep the job
so she can come back
Old 12-09-04, 10:29 PM

I enjoyed this episode. I believe the title of this episode was "Cleavage" wasn't it?
Old 12-09-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Lucy Lui could not have acted more poorly. She was awful to watch.

That said, great episode as always. Still the only sitcom on that I watch.
Old 12-09-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Joey in a parka and wool cap to pick a tree was funny. Lucy Liu was okay, I wonder if we'll see her again.

That Deep Powder must be some cheesy ass show if they're shooting the pivotal final scene in the pilot on a tiny soundstage. Even Baywatch was on the beach most of the time.

Cleavage! Yes!

Originally Posted by Hubcap
i stopped watching this show after the seconds episode. It is just horrible and cant see why anyone would watch it.
Nor can I see why anyone would read, let alone post, in a thread about a show he or she stopped watching months before.
Old 12-09-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
This episode had a number of moments for me.

I liked Joey's stroke, Drea's clevage, the "helicopter blade repairman...and I get to play drunk!," the caroling and a couple of other moments.

Good episode.
Old 12-10-04, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool to see Colby Donaldson on it. He's a local..I remember I used to see the guy around town here in San Angelo, TX when he was just some random dude.
Old 12-10-04, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Joey in a parka and wool cap to pick a tree was funny. Lucy Liu was okay, I wonder if we'll see her again.

That Deep Powder must be some cheesy ass show if they're shooting the pivotal final scene in the pilot on a tiny soundstage. Even Baywatch was on the beach most of the time.

Cleavage! Yes!

Nor can I see why anyone would read, let alone post, in a thread about a show he or she stopped watching months before.
Joey was at the tree lot? All I saw was the cleavage. Heck, they even had Alex showing some

Overall the show is stupid, but as long as they still manage to get a decent number of funny lines in and have Drea dressed in those trampy outfits I plan to keep watching. I don't know why you guys keep complaining about her face. What the hell are you looking up there for?
Old 12-10-04, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LBCrazyFool
I enjoyed this episode. I believe the title of this episode was "Cleavage" wasn't it?
Pretty much the same thing I was wondering.

Colby actually pulled off the part pretty well. Not quite as funny of a role for him as playing "himself" on CYE, but still pretty funny.
Old 12-10-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trelach24
And not just because of her acting. I thought she looked like ten miles of bad road.

This episode delivered a few laughs as usual.
Somehow I always feel dumber after watching this show though.
Old 12-10-04, 08:40 AM

I too thought this was one of the best shows of the season thus far. Seeing Joey in the parka at the tree lot was good for a laugh, as was his line towards the end:

(Paraphrased and butchered)
"Like I said in my beer commercial that only aired in Germany, 'Das es gut Kristmastime bier!'"

I was drinking a beer at the time, and nearly spit it out all over the place.
Old 12-10-04, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anybody see the nephew's spaz-out move when Joey came home and said that his character didn't get killed off? He stood up, flailed his head forward, then did a fist pump. All, without uttering a word. It was so awkwardly bad, I couldn't believe it. I had to rewind the tape to make sure I wasn't mistaken.
Old 12-10-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Absolutely. She was HORRIBLE.
Old 12-10-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I had high hopes for this series when it was announced last year. It continues to be quite mediocre to the say the least. They have made Joey too stupid!!! It's driving me nuts - he was never this stupid on FRIENDS.

Last edited by B.A.; 12-10-04 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-10-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I now have 3 eps of Joey stored in the DVR. Debating whether to just go ahead and delete them. If the show hasn't improved any since a month ago, they aren't worth watching.
Old 12-10-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
They have made Joey too stupid!!! It's driving me nuts - he was never this stupid on FRIENDS.
I'm not so sure about that. I think on Friends, it just didn't stick out as much because he was 1/6th of the show. Here, he's the center of attention and it's magnified. IMO, I don't see him as being any worse off than he was.
Old 12-10-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
I'm not so sure about that. I think on Friends, it just didn't stick out as much because he was 1/6th of the show. Here, he's the center of attention and it's magnified. IMO, I don't see him as being any worse off than he was.
Agreed
Old 12-10-04, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Gypsies!

I have to agree with Phil L. above about feeling dumber after watching this. It does have a moment here and there where a joke "works" but overall it's just not a good show, IMO. To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm watching it outside of the Thursday Night habit.
Old 12-10-04, 04:34 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Hubcap

The forum has a rule against "threadcrapping", which is what your post is. In the future, if you aren't interested in the show, then just don't post in the threads discussing it.
Old 12-10-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed it. I hope Joey continues to work on the show and every so often we get scenes from it.

Joey is down to just a little over 10 million viewers. I assume we will get at least half of a season two but if it doesn't pick up more...?
Old 12-10-04, 05:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Joey is and has always been a one-joke wonder.

There's no way this show can enjoy the longevity of Frasier.
Old 12-10-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

There's no way this show can enjoy the longevity of Frasier.
Frasier?? I was thinking more like the longevity of Capitol Critters! OK, I'm kidding, but still ...
Old 12-10-04, 08:10 PM

I stopped watching Joey a while back but happened to catch last nights show and I laughed enough that I will watch it next week for sure. Lucy's character with her compulsions worked for me. Loved seeing her opening and closing her desk drawers like a psycho and freaking out about her oven at home.
Old 12-10-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Well, he's about as dim as he was the last few seasons of Friends, but when that show began his character wasn't that stupid at all. I'm thinking he caught some type of bird flu from the chick or the duck, and that caused his progressive stupidity.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.