Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heads-Up: LOST 2-Hour Pilot reruns 12/15

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads-Up: LOST 2-Hour Pilot reruns 12/15

I know there are a few of you late to the Lost bandwagon that are trying to catch up via episode descriptions. They're rerunning the 2-hour series premiere on 12/15/04 at 8:00 in the show's normal timeslot. Not sure if they will rerun the other episodes in order or not, but it's worth a shot.
Old 12-07-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Very useful info for me. Thanks!
Old 12-08-04, 08:02 AM

They will rerun episodes 1 and 2 (ie the 2hour pilot) on Wednesday Dec 15th from 8-10.

They will rerun episodes 3 and 4 on Wednesday Dec 22nd from 8-10.

They will rerun episodes 5 and 6 on Wednesday Dec 29th from 8-10.

On Wednesday Jan 5, its a new episode at 8, followed by the 2hour Alias season premiere from 9-11.

After that, its Lost at 8 and Alias at 9 every week (Alias will have a new episode every week, no repeats).
Old 12-08-04, 09:17 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Thanks Ted!
Old 12-08-04, 09:19 AM

So, for someone like me who hasn't watched a single minute of this show but may want to start (I just got a DVR that does HD - Motorola DCT6412 from Comcast), and would like to watch them all in order ...

It looks like I could record and watch the first six episodes in the next few weeks as noted above. Then it appears that tonight is going to be Episode 11, and presumably January 5 will be Episode 12. I could record those and save for later. So then I'd have to wait to get Episodes 7, 8, 9, and 10 at some later point, while recording new shows and saving them for later. Only trouble is that if they don't rerun those 4 episodes soon enough I will run out of room on the DVR before I want to watch them. (I'll want to have room for other recordings.)

Any idea when Episodes 7-10 will be rerun? Maybe I'll just have to watch 1-6 only and wait until later to record and watch the remainder when they go to all reruns, assuming they will do that.

My head hurts.
Old 12-08-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

hondo, by that time the DVD will be out
Old 12-08-04, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-08-04, 11:58 AM

I would guess that January will have 2 new episodes plus reruns of 7 and 8. Of course February will be 4 straight weeks of new episodes (sweeps month), so thats 14-17, but after they they will probably rerun 9 and 10 before finishing up the season. So I'd say by march you could see 1-17 in time to catch 18+ live

There's also a TORRENT of ways that you could download episodes 7-10 so that you could catch from 11 onward live
Old 12-08-04, 12:39 PM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
There's also a TORRENT of ways that you could download episodes 7-10 so that you could catch from 11 onward live
Have you been having problems with this over the past couple days? Sites disappearing, and other ones (s-nova) going to a pay site?

Theoretically speaking, of course
Old 12-08-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JEStinson3
Have you been having problems with this over the past couple days? Sites disappearing, and other ones (s-nova) going to a pay site?

Theoretically speaking, of course
The other site (s-nova) is not pay, nor will it ever be. You're connecting to one of the two scam sites with a similar url.
Old 12-09-04, 12:52 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thanks for the news, will try and catch it this time around.
Old 12-09-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hondo21
So, for someone like me who hasn't watched a single minute of this show but may want to start (I just got a DVR that does HD - Motorola DCT6412 from Comcast), and would like to watch them all in order ...

It looks like I could record and watch the first six episodes in the next few weeks as noted above.
If that's your plan, check your Comcast digital cable to see if it's using iGuide software, then make sure you program in the 30 second commercial skip.
You are gonna *really* need it to rewatch those shows.
Old 12-09-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A question, is there any difference between the pilot that aired vs. the one that got leaked during the summer?
Old 12-09-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
A question, is there any difference between the pilot that aired vs. the one that got leaked during the summer?
I believe that there were some differences. This was discussed earlier in the season so unfortunately I can't remember what the actual changes were.
Old 12-09-04, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
If that's your plan, check your Comcast digital cable to see if it's using iGuide software, then make sure you program in the 30 second commercial skip.
You are gonna *really* need it to rewatch those shows.
Yeah, it is using iGuide (huge improvement) and I intend to program in the 30-second skip after reading about it on AVSForum. I agree that this is a necessary feature for watching network TV recordings.

My main reason for going for the DVR now was to get ready for Alias and 24 seasons 4 in a few weeks. I'm tired of taping 24 on VHS. Alias I've watched every episode on DVD up till now but don't want to wait until next fall to see what's next. This way I can record it in HD.
Old 12-10-04, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Other than the music score (which was filled with music from James Horner's Aliens score and several other existing movies on the internet-leaked version, and had music composed by series composer Michael Giachino on the final version), there are only very, very, very minor differences between the leaked version and the final version. For all intents and purposes its the same thing.

The Joey, Wonderfalls, and Desperative Housewives pilots that got leaked, on the other hand, had some different actors in them.
Old 12-10-04, 03:11 PM

I know this is off topic, but who was different in the Wonderfalls pilot?
Old 01-04-05, 11:43 AM

UPDATE: Well, as I discussed above I recorded the six hours of LOST reruns on my Comcast DVR and finally finished watching them. Just wanted to set the record straight on something.

While I got most of the story, a couple of things didn't make sense to me, like I must be missing something. So now I discover by reading the ABC website episode guides that they did not show Episodes 1 through 6 on these reruns. Instead they actually broadcast #1, #2, #4, #5, #7, #8, skipping episodes #3 and #6. Stupid.

Now I guess I have to watch for more reruns but they're probably going to be all out of order. Probably should have waited for DVD. But it does look very good in HD.
Old 01-04-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
In the Lost rerun thread we made the same observation...it might be the most baffeling decision in recent memory
Old 01-05-05, 08:50 AM

My guess is that they were trying to do their best to get new people somewhat caught up in a limited number of episodes (6) so that they could start watching new ones tonight. They probably decided that episodes #3 and #6 were less important to that goal than #7 and #8. I don't like it, but that's probably where they're coming from. Who knows.