Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Buffy Season 7/Angel Season 4 viewing order (no spoilers!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-04, 08:15 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

A while back, somebody posted the order in which to watch Buffy Seaosn 7 and Angel Season 4. Unfortunately, either because of the upgrade to DVDTalk or just because I'm an incompetent searcher, I can't seem to find that thread. Anybody want to repost the viewing order (or a link to that other thread)?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-04, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's pretty simple:

You can watch the two series in whatever order you want until BtVS' "Lies My Parents Told Me" and AtS' "Orpheus", since they have nothing to do with each other.

Then watch LMPTM, then "Orpheus", then BtVS's "Dirty Girls".

Go back to watching the 2 series in whatever order. Then watch the AtS S4 finale ("Home"), then BtVS' "End of Days", then the BtVS finale, "Chosen".

There aren't any really important story crossovers--not like back in S4/S1.

Last edited by areacode212; 12-05-04 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 09:15 PM

Hm, I couldn't find the old threads with a search either...

There's only a few crossover spots in the seasons, and they're all near the end...

Technically, you should watch the Buffy episode "Lies My Parents Told Me" before you watch the Angel episode "Orpheus". However, you could just as easily watch Orpheus before LMPTM, as there's a bit of a surprise in the Angel ep that could be spoiled by watching the Buffy ep first. However, it is a must that you should watch Orpheus before the Buffy episode "Dirty Girls".

After that, you need to finish the fourth season of Angel before watching the second to the last episode of Buffy, "End of Days".
Old 12-05-04, 09:32 PM
Suspended

Thanks, guys! I finally got my wife to watch Buffy, so we've been working our way through from Buffy Season 1. This evening, I finally cracked the shrink wrap on Buffy 7 -- it's been sitting on my shelf calling to me as we make our way through the series. I'm pretty psyched to see how it ends. Then, in a few months ... Angel Season 5!

As for Buffy 7 and Angel 4, I guess I'll watch them in air date order (except as indicated above).
Old 12-06-04, 02:08 AM

I actually copied, pasted, and saved the post in question.

So, here's the order to watch them in, as per a poster in that thread:

Buffy 7.01 "Lessons"
Buffy 7.02 "Beneath You"
Buffy 7.03 "Same Time, Same Place"
Angel 4.01 "Deep Down"
Buffy 7.04 "Help"
Angel 4.02 "Ground State"
Buffy 7.05 "Selfless"
Angel 4.03 "The House Always Wins"
Buffy 7.06 "Him"
Angel 4.04 "Slouching Toward Bethlehem"
Buffy 7.07 "Conversations With Dead People"
Angel 4.05 "Supersymmetry"
Buffy 7.08 "Sleeper"
Angel 4.06 "Spin the Bottle"
Buffy 7.09 "Never Leave Me"
Angel 4.07 "Apocalypse Nowish"
Buffy 7.10 "Bring on the Night"
Angel 4.08 "Habeas Corpses"
Buffy 7.11 "Showtime"
Angel 4.09 "Long Day's Journey"
Buffy 7.12 "Potential"
Angel 4.10 "Awakening"
Buffy 7.13 "Killer in Me"
Angel 4.11 "Soulless"
Buffy 7.14 "First Date"
Angel 4.12 "Calvary"
Buffy 7.15 "Get it Done"
Angel 4.13 "Salvage"
Buffy 7.16 "Storyteller"
Angel 4.14 "Release"
Buffy 7.17 "Lies My Parents Told Me"
Angel 4.15 "Orpheus"
Buffy 7.18 "Dirty Girls"
Angel 4.16 "Players"
Angel 4.17 "Inside Out"
Angel 4.18 "Shiny Happy People"
Buffy 7.19 "Empty Places"
Angel 4.19 "Magic Bullet"
Angel 4.20 "Sacrifice"
Angel 4.21 "Peace Out"
Buffy 7.20 "Touched"
Angel 4.22 "Home"
Buffy 7.21 "End of Days"
Buffy 7.22 "Chosen"
Old 12-06-04, 07:48 AM

You don't really need to watch it in that order, or even in the order that I laid out in my previous post. You can actually watch Angel S4 all the way through without even touching Buffy S7, though I don't recommend doing it the other way around.
Old 12-06-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm so glad Angel is getting new life on DVD. Unfortunately there is nothing to look forward to in the Angel Universe after the Season 5 DVD comes out early next year.
Old 12-06-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Alternating episodes between the two shows really messes with their rhythms.

I'd suggest just watching Angel season 4 all in one go. And then moving on to Buffy season 7 all on it's own.

They stand alone pretty well, and I'd just watch Angel first because of
Spoiler:
Faith's redemption
Old 12-06-04, 02:31 PM

I just watched AtS' "Calvary" for the first time since it originally aired (so many TV-on-DVD sets, so little time). I can't believe I forgot how awesome it is...I won't spoil anything, but you're really in for a treat if you haven't seen Angel S4 yet.

Last edited by areacode212; 12-06-04 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I always spell this damn episode's name wrong
Old 12-06-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xVladx
Hm, I couldn't find the old threads with a search either...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=345505

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272891
Old 12-06-04, 04:24 PM

Well, when I posted that, the search indices were still being rebuilt following the forum's move to new software, so neither of those threads showed up.
Old 12-07-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Alternating episodes between the two shows really messes with their rhythms.

I'd suggest just watching Angel season 4 all in one go. And then moving on to Buffy season 7 all on it's own.

They stand alone pretty well, and I'd just watch Angel first because of
Spoiler:
Faith's redemption
I agree. I just finished watching S4 myself last night. That season is pretty fine as a standalone. Buffy S7 DOES need you to have seen Angel S4 for two plot points (one which only ends up affecting Angel S5 later).
Old 12-07-04, 11:30 AM
Suspended

Thanks, everyone!

I did watch Angel S4 when it first came out on DVD. Since then, though, I finally convinced my wife that Buffy and Angel are two of the best shows ever, so we've been watching them all in order starting with Buffy S1. Finally, the end is near (which is both good and bad).

But Angel S4 does seem to have a lot of episodes where there's little or no down time between episodes, so I can see people's points about watching Angel S4 all in one go. My problem is that because I haven't seen Buffy S7, I want to say "screw Angel" and just watch Buffy.

Then, it's time for the long wait until the release of Angel Season 5. After that, I'll probably wander around directionless, muttering to myself about the aborted Giles show Anthony Stewart Head was going to do for the BBC.
Old 12-08-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm...thanks for the heads up on the crossovers. I thought they were only S4/S1. Since I've only seen Buffy/Angel on DVD, I try to avoid any spoiler opportunities. Looks like I'll have to stop watching Buffy S7 (I'm up to the introduction of the Slayerettes) and get going on Angel S4. I had a feeling I should do some research on this when I saw Angel in the packaging for S7!

Originally Posted by JasonF

Then, it's time for the long wait until the release of Angel Season 5. After that, I'll probably wander around directionless, muttering to myself about the aborted Giles show Anthony Stewart Head was going to do for the BBC.
I'll be joining you in your wanderings. I never watched Buffy/Angel until I blind-bought a really great deal on Buffy S1 a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since. I can honestly say that if I had to pick only one DVD out of my 2500+ collection to save, it would be my R2 Buffy Box Set (OK it's actually 39 DVD's, but who's counting).