Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Takashi Miike's Full Metal Yakuza Edited?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During the sequence where the head is on the desk and learning of his new body, I noticed that the R1 DVD covers the Roboman's penis with pixels. Is every DVD release edited like this? It could be a funny joke if I could see what the creator is doing with the penis. At first I thought I had bad artifacts on my DVD, but then realized what they were covering. Any one know of anything else edited out or if there is an unedited version somewhere?
Old 12-06-04, 09:33 AM

Yes. It's standard mosaicing in Japan since their censorship does not allow for this to be seen. It's most likely on the original master.
Old 12-06-04, 10:18 AM

ok

its a miike thing. he does it in several films : self "enforced" censorship, in a way he's playing on the idea of censorship or suggesting "this is so obscene it would be censored"... infact "obscene" would be "sexual content involving genitals".

in agitator he blurs out a knifing of a mans chest intentionally also... though thats not sexual (obviously)... he is still playing with visual techniques to create interest and play with the viewers minds...