TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Huff 11/28/04

Old 11-28-04, 10:03 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Huff 11/28/04

Control

Control is an issue in Huff's life, professionally and personally. He goes to Russell's office who pulls no punches when hitting Huff with tough questions in preparation for the insurance hearing to help save his job. At home, Beth gets into a tangle with her mother-in-law Izzy about preserving family privacy early in the morning and Byrd heads off to help tutor Gail, a cute high-school senior. Meanwhile, day two of the hearing begins with a body blow as Huff's bipolar patient takes the witness stand.

Another solid episode this week. Russell steals every scene he's in. The scene with Russell and Huff at the gym was hilarious. Great job by Annie Potts as the mother of the teenage patient who killed himself.
Old 11-29-04, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm wondering if every kid at that high school has a funny voice. That girl must voice cartoons! It worked great for the sexually charged Christian schoolgirl though. She really sounded like a whacko

This wasn't as good as last week, but solid, like you said. It was fun to see Russell at work after seeing him at play last week. Either way seems just as entertaining. I like the meetings with his brother at the end of each episode, but they like to get a little melodramatic. The music for that scene this time was just screaming, "We're trying to make you cry! Please cry! This is so sad!" The guy clocked a cafeteria worker with a lunch tray. It wasn't that sad.

So far I think they could improve on those scenes and give Blythe Danner a little more to work with than just being the annoying mother in law. They're getting there with her friend going through the stroke, but I'm hoping she gets an episode pretty soon where she has the main plot.