DVD Talk
Remastered Godfather?????? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Remastered Godfather??????

nickmondo1
11-24-04, 01:01 PM
So is this happening yes or no???? If not Im asking for it for christmas so I was just curious. Thanks for the help

Dont tell me "theres a serch button"

auto
11-24-04, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by nickmondo1
So is this happening yes or no???? If not Im asking for it for christmas so I was just curious. Thanks for the help

There's a search button.

(I would never tell you that there is a serch button. ;))

Anyhow, it will probably happen at some point but it's not on the radar yet. Ask for the set and enjoy some great movies.

Fok
11-24-04, 01:27 PM
Who knows when this may happen, the box set is pretty good though.

Drexl
11-24-04, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by automator
There's a search button.

(I would never tell you that there is a serch button. ;))

There is, but it's for calling MC Serch of the rap group 3rd Bass.

Mr. Salty
11-24-04, 01:32 PM
Obviously there is no need to tell you there is a search button. The only question is, Why didn't you use it, considering this is such a well-covered topic?

island007
11-24-04, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Salty
Obviously there is no need to tell you there is a search button. The only question is, Why didn't you use it, considering this is such a well-covered topic?

rotfl I've always enjoyed your posts.

darqleo
11-24-04, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Drexl
There is, but it's for calling MC Serch of the rap group 3rd Bass.

Give'm the gas face!

Mr. Salty
11-24-04, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by island007
rotfl I've always enjoyed your posts.
Thank you! I'm here all week, and be sure to tip your waitress!

CUBuffsMike41
11-27-04, 12:05 AM
hope not, just bought the old one tonight.

Mr. Salty
11-27-04, 02:01 AM
Interesting.

I was bored tonight so I went ahead and took 30 seconds to run the search you didn't and came up with this thread (http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383632&highlight=Godfather) you started Sept. 3 asking essentially the same question, which was answered back then.

The search also brought up this lengthier thread (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=347802) on the topic.

QuikSilver
11-27-04, 04:13 PM
I paid about $60 for the box set when it came out and disappointed by the transfer. So far I haven't heard anything about a new transfer. I wish Paramount would have got it right for the box set.

Rl3058
11-30-04, 10:11 AM
If they do that I hope they bring it out as the Godfather Saga.

Mr. Cinema
11-30-04, 10:21 AM
Now that Paramount has announced its support for HD-DVD, this would make a nice launch title next Christmas.

RockStrongo
11-30-04, 12:12 PM
I think the current transfer looks fine. I dont see why some people (not necessarily in this thread) have complained about it.

An HD version would be nice though when HD-DVD becomes available. ;)

jessecrx
11-30-04, 08:26 PM
IIRC the transfer was supposed to have an old gritty look to it because that's what the director wanted.

I wish Tombstone had been done in the same way because it looked too new....too pretty.....too polished for a western. Had it looked old and aged it would have been perfect :)

Julie Walker
11-30-04, 09:03 PM
Yep,some people just can't stand alittle intentional grain/gritty look,which is sad:D

I would love for the original mono soundtrack to be included if this is ever released again!

PatrickMcCart
11-30-04, 11:34 PM
The current transfers for the first two Godfather films are wonderful. The only problem I saw on The Godfather was a few outdoor scenes being soft and some occasional dirt and specs.

I think what people have a problem with is the built-in grain, the orange tint of the film, and the contrast. It's a dark film with a lot of unconventional color timing.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0