DVD Talk
Parker Lewis Can't Lose [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Parker Lewis Can't Lose

mosswahoo
11-24-04, 12:17 AM
Hey all... there's an online petition to get Columbia TriStar to put the series Parker Lewis Can't Lose on DVD!

www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/parkerlewis/

Thanks! Spread the word!

Fok
11-24-04, 12:27 AM
Actually this show wasn't too bad, it got cancelled right?

MasterofDVD
11-24-04, 01:10 AM
Sure it was canceled but it still ran for 3 years. I used to watch it all the time and given a decent price on the sets I'd buy it.

kurupt
11-24-04, 03:57 AM
I was just thinking about this show a couple of days ago. I'd snatch up the sets if they were released.

DVD Josh
11-24-04, 06:43 AM
A little trivia about the guy who played Parker Lewis - back in the 80s when they first attempted to make a Spiderman movie, he was attached to play Peter Parker. This of course, has no relevance to this thread :)

Snowmaker
11-24-04, 07:04 AM
"Eat now?"

mosswahoo
11-24-04, 08:06 AM
I can't believe that Columbia TriStar thinks there aren't enuf fans/people who would rent or buy this DVD to go to the trouble of producing it. It really was semi-ground breaking for its time. A lot of the same oddball production values that Malcolm in the Middle or Scrubs uses... funnier than Ferris Bueller... and, of course, Abraham Benrubi as Kubiac.

rfduncan
11-24-04, 08:43 AM
This week's Entertainment Weekly did a cover article "Best TV on DVD" which included "what we want" sections. Parker Lewis was one of those titles (along with Square Pegs!). Apparently it is being considered, but it is not at the top of Columbia's priorities. At least they know it exists enough to have it under consideration...

mosswahoo
11-24-04, 08:48 AM
That article is part of what sparked this petition! :)

RockyMtnBri
11-24-04, 09:45 AM
I signed it! I would love to see this again - with Melanie Chartoff as Grace Musso (or Muss-o as the rival school's principal called her)! Any show that has the student body doing the Electric Slide can't be half-bad!

Josh Z
11-24-04, 10:03 AM
To this day, whenever I catch a rerun of ER and see the big guy behind the front desk, I still call him Kubiac.

Jonny2k1
11-24-04, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Josh Z
To this day, whenever I catch a rerun of ER and see the big guy behind the front desk, I still call him Kubiac.

No kidding, I always think about him eating gummy fish. Good stuff. I loved this show and would definitely buy it in a second.

QuikSilver
11-24-04, 04:29 PM
This would be an awesome set to have.

Daniel I
11-24-04, 04:38 PM
"Syncronize Swatches"

MaudlinHarold
11-24-04, 04:41 PM
I got excited when I saw this. Then I realized I'm more in the mood for Beans Baxter.

I have no life.

bballing
11-24-04, 04:47 PM
This show was horrific, not worth dvd treatment.

calhoun07
11-24-04, 06:04 PM
I thought this was going to be an announcement for the title!

Please use a question mark in the title if asking about a title, or add the words petition if you want to discuss that.

Oh, well, back to hoping.

JackBurton
11-24-04, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bballing
This show was horrific, not worth dvd treatment.

To each his own (Although I'd like to know what's on the top of your list if you think Parker Lewis was horrific...geez.)

Everyone I know who was of the age to truly appreciate this show when it was on loves it. I will be all over these sets if and when they come out.

joliom
11-24-04, 08:11 PM
Corin Nemec was on the scene until about 1995, showing up in The Stand mini-series and in Drop Zone (and I guess I should count Operation Dumbo Drop too). Then I didn't see him again until he ended up on Stargate SG-1. IMDB lists 18 film credits in that span, but I don't recognize any of them and they look like a cemetery for long-forgotten stars (Emilio Estevez, David Hasselhoff, Wil Wheaton, Rae-Dawn Chong, Zach Galligan, Peter Weller, David Faustino, Dean Cameron, etc. etc.).

TabascoKid
11-25-04, 10:01 AM
Nemec was recently seen as Toby Keith's sidekick in the "Beer for My Horses" video.

TK

Geofferson
11-25-04, 11:11 AM
Great show. Would love to see it on DVD.

mickey65
11-25-04, 12:19 PM
Actually, I'm hoping they release the movie Corey Nemec did, "I Know my name is Steven" - the one where he played the kidnapped boy, Steve Stayner. Good flick! Altho a sad story in regards to that family, especially with big brother Carey Stayner turning into a serial killer!

RichardW
11-25-04, 12:31 PM
This was a good show, even better than the Ferris Bueller series.

joliom
11-25-04, 12:36 PM
Parker Lewis blew the doors off the Ferris Bueller series. I always thought the Ferris Bueller show was completely aweful. Charlie Schlatter (another entry in the 'whatever happened to that guy' list) was just all wrong for that part. And the writing was weak. Parker Lewis was at least consistently funny.

Ian_H
11-25-04, 01:22 PM
I can't wait to see Corin Nemec's next great feature: "MANSQUITO"

-Ian

Fanboy
11-25-04, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by joliom
Parker Lewis blew the doors off the Ferris Bueller series. I always thought the Ferris Bueller show was completely aweful. Charlie Schlatter (another entry in the 'whatever happened to that guy' list) was just all wrong for that part. And the writing was weak. Parker Lewis was at least consistently funny.

Echo.

Ferris Bueller movie = classic
Ferris Bueller TV show = ass sick

dstrauss
11-25-04, 06:46 PM
"Mr. Lewis? Mr. Randall?"

This show has gotta be the reason why I constantly use the phrase, "Mental note...."

Buford T Pusser
11-26-04, 09:54 PM
I saw all of Parker during his initial run. At this point I'm not sure I'd buy it or just rent it.

RichardW
11-27-04, 09:53 AM
This show was mentioned in Entertainment Weekly's The 50 Best TV Shows on DVD issue as one of their "We're Dyin' For" releases. According to a Columbia TriStar rep they spoke with, "It's under consideration."

Buford T Pusser
11-27-04, 01:27 PM
See page one. :D

RichardW
11-27-04, 05:18 PM
Damn! I need to learn to read a thread before posting. :D

Foole
11-27-04, 05:24 PM
Count me in.

Buford T Pusser
11-27-04, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RichardW
Damn! I need to learn to read a thread before posting. :D

strong agreement. :o

DoogieHowser
11-27-04, 05:52 PM
i wonder how much influance we have in getting a studio to release a show on dvd??

i would like to see parker lewis can't lose. it was a good show. and add 90210 to the list of tv shows i want released.

BJacks
11-28-04, 01:04 AM
Corin is now to Scientology what Kirk (http://www.wayofthemaster.com/wotm_flash.html) is to Christianity. Here's his website:
http://www.oursites.org/corinnemec/

"Iím on the path to Spiritual freedom and the freedom to create! Come along and together we can dream up the future! Take care and be true to yourself. Live and create!"

Be sure to leave him your home address and phone number on his contact form. I'm sure it'll be well worth it! ;)

Matthew Chmiel
11-28-04, 02:37 AM
But are the Scientologists really bothering anyone? No.

Hell, Jason Lee is a Scientologist and Jason Lee fucking rocks! :)

Josh Z
11-28-04, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
But are the Scientologists really bothering anyone? No.

That's because they're silently plotting to take over the world.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0