Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Incredibles (Xbox), there's no going back to done levels?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 09:24 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been playing "The Incredibles" with my nephew over the past couple of weeks and noticed that as we progress from one level to the next, we can't go back to specific levels that we have beat. For example, we beat 8 levels now and there is one level (3 or 4) where you get to be "Dash". My nephew loves that character and would love to play that level over and over. However, it seems that once you beat that level, you move on. To replay that level, we'd have to start a new profile and begin from level 1 until we get to that particular level.

1. Am I missing something? Is there a way to play any given level once you're beaten it in this game?

2. Is this typical for games? I know that in several other games we have played (Spiderman, Star Wars, etc.), once we beat a level, it has then become "unlocked" and accessible at any time.

thanks.
Old 11-24-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It depends on the game. Some "mission" style games unlock the level, especially if you get stats at the end, so you can try to do better. Other games, especially some action and platformers are just a straight progression. Best way for him to play it again would be to play to it again from the beginning and make a game save right before the level.
Old 11-24-04, 10:34 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by outer-edge
Best way for him to play it again would be to play to it again from the beginning and make a game save right before the level.
Unfortunately, it seems like you can only have 3 gamesaves at a time...really disappointing for a kids game....thanks for the info though.
Old 11-24-04, 10:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I don't know to many games that have more then 3 save slots...