DVD Talk
Seinfeld Slipcover Poll [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld Slipcover Poll

brhow
11-23-04, 06:14 PM
When it comes to storing your new Seinfeld seasons, how many people plan on pulling off the slipcovers and putting them in safe storage, leaving the white slimcase spines exposed?

MJKTool
11-23-04, 06:28 PM
putting the slipcovers in safe storage? :lol:

island007
11-23-04, 06:32 PM
No, if my DVD shelf is safe enough for the discs than it should be safe enough for the slipcovers. The only slipcover I ever removed and store separately is the metal one for T2 that is also a case shredder.

brhow
11-23-04, 06:56 PM
maybe i was unclear in my original post. the reason i am taking off the slipcovers and storing them is because i think they look hideous, and the set looks much better displayed with them off, exposing the slimcase spines.

the only reason i stated "put the slipcovers in safe storage" was to make it clear that i was not talking about throwing them away all together, but putting them away somewhere.

Al Padrino
11-23-04, 07:41 PM
I got the gift set, so I don't have to address this situation.

Buford T Pusser
11-23-04, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Al Padrino

Harrrummmpphh Mr. Fancy Pants. :o

:p

GuessWho
11-24-04, 08:19 AM
Will the giftset be able to hold all 8 seasons?

Morf
11-24-04, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by GuessWho
Will the giftset be able to hold all 8 seasons?

No. At most, possibly seasons 1-5.

renaldow
11-24-04, 11:12 AM
I'm ditching the gift set box and just going to put the season sets on the shelf. It takes up too much shelfspace to keep it.

LasVegasMichael
11-24-04, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by renaldow
I'm ditching the gift set box and just going to put the season sets on the shelf. It takes up too much shelfspace to keep it.

Same boat here. My tv on DVD case is getting a little too full from the DD sale, so I have to cut back where possible.

Admiral7
11-24-04, 11:24 AM
well, I wouldn't just "ditch" the gift set box. hopefully you're store it somewhere, since it actually looks quite nice. I'm displaying mine with the slip covers on, because although I think they look quite plain, I think slim spines look worse.

cdollaz
11-24-04, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Admiral7
well, I wouldn't just "ditch" the gift set box. hopefully you're store it somewhere

Safe storage, perhaps?

renaldow
11-24-04, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Admiral7
well, I wouldn't just "ditch" the gift set box. hopefully you're store it somewhere, since it actually looks quite nice. I'm displaying mine with the slip covers on, because although I think they look quite plain, I think slim spines look worse.

What would be the point? So I can pull it out every now and then and say, "oooh.... pretty box...." then put it back in its' secret location?

I like the Capt. Crunch box too, but that goes in the trash as well.

Maybe I'll sell it on Ebay ;)

cseyer
11-24-04, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Al Padrino

Ditto, the box for the gift set is nice thick cardboard and looks nice on the shelf.

Buford T Pusser
11-24-04, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by cdollaz
Safe storage, perhaps?

strong agreement

:lol:

Josh-da-man
11-25-04, 12:28 AM
Safe storage, perhaps?

"I'm not saying anything, I'm putting it in the vault, I'm locking the vault. It's a vault!"

Crocker Jarmen
11-25-04, 04:50 AM
I kinda liked the ugliness of the slip covers. It's the kind of loud, 'stylish' design from the early 90's. I could see it being used on a vintage Full House or Arsenio Hall VHS boxset.

eau
11-25-04, 06:34 AM
Safe storage, perhaps?
safe storage = closet ;)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0