DVD Talk
Brgitte Bardots "Viva Maria" available on DVD?? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brgitte Bardots "Viva Maria" available on DVD??

hmjunginger
11-23-04, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I am looking for "Viva Maria", from Louis Malle, 1965. At

http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s36vivam.html

it was claimed that Viva Maria was actually released on DVD in 1998, with an additional scene at the end. However, I haven't been able to find this DVD on the web, neither on English nor French websites. Does anyone know whether

a) Viva Maria has actally been released on DVD
b) where I can get it?

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

Martin

moviezzz
11-23-04, 01:08 PM
I don't think it was ever released.

A great laserdisc was released near the end of laser's run, in the very early days of DVD. That included the additional scene. I'm surprised it hasn't been released sooner.

Great film.

hmjunginger
11-25-04, 12:59 PM
Thanks moviezzz! So it wasn't on DVD but on laserdisc. Leaves me with the question: Does anyone know where to get Viva Maria on Laserdisc? Second hand would be fine too...

Cheers, Martin

RevKarl
11-25-04, 03:44 PM
Yet another Louis Malle film that hasn't been released on DVD, along with The Fire Within, Lacombe Lucien, Murmur of the Heart & Au Revoir Les Enfants! There's a great box set to be made here; is anyone at Anchor Bay, Home Vision, etc... listening???

hmjunginger: Try eBay, Half.com and Amazon marketplace in searching for the laserdisc...

RevKarl
12-30-04, 07:55 PM
UPDATE: Both DVD Empire and DVD Planet have Viva Maria! up for preorder. It's listed as a MGM bargain title ($14.95 msrp) with a 4/12/2005 release date (no further details available at this time.)

hmjunginger
12-31-04, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out next year. Happy holidays, cheers, Martin

pro-bassoonist
01-01-05, 05:12 AM
This is very good news.....

Pro-B

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0