Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Legal 11/21/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Boston Legal 11/21/04

Once again, Lori's subplot was tedious and lacking in punch, while Alan's subplot was hilarious at times, and demonstrative of Alan's read on people and their hot buttons.

Denny Crane's arrest and Alan's explanation to the judge to defend Denny with the whole "Boston winning the World Series has led to the air being let out of the cursed fans balloon" angle was a funny character sidebar. And then Alan even gives Denny an early Christmas gift to satiate his second highest of his heart's desires (the highest being the Red Sox winning the World Series).

Alan's threat to push Paul down and whiz on him was LOL funny given the situation where Paul undermined him during the emergency judicial review. Just the imagery made the whole threat work.

Too little Brad, Mark Valley is being wasted on this show, and no Sally at all (no big loss there).
Old 11-22-04, 12:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
No Sally but more Tara, I can live with that.

I think the only reason Lori is on here is to try and add a serious side to the show. The Alan/Denny scenes are usually so much better then hers it make it seems like she drags the show down.

Denny seemed more disappointed in jail that the woman had two legs then the fact he was arrested
Old 11-22-04, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Boston Legal 11/21/04

Originally posted by Patman
Too little Brad, Mark Valley is being wasted on this show, and no Sally at all (no big loss there).
It seems like Mark Valley has only had one storyline so far this season. I can't believe they even bothered giving him one line this episode, and it could've been delivered by any character.

Meanwhile, we get scene after scene of Monica Potter wrinkling her brow.
Old 11-22-04, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: Boston Legal 11/21/04

Originally posted by Patman
Denny Crane's arrest and Alan's explanation to the judge to defend Denny with the whole "Boston winning the World Series has led to the air being let out of the cursed fans balloon" angle was a funny character sidebar. And then Alan even gives Denny an early Christmas gift to satiate his second highest of his heart's desires (the highest being the Red Sox winning the World Series).

Alan's whole defense of Denny in front of Dr. Klopek had me rolling on the floor. That might have been one of the greatest speeches in television over the last decade or so. My wife was getting pissed because she was trying to put our daughter to sleep.

Mark Valley needs to call his agent. This is bullshit.
Old 11-22-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Denny's whole storyline was great but I lost it at the end when Alan brought in the one-legged woman. What a great ending
Old 11-22-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

my wife saw this for the first time last night and she wanted to know what was up with the star trek reunion
Old 11-22-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I love this show, as all of you have said, it needs more Mark Valley. Or at least, if he only has one line, at least let it be with Spader in the room so that Spader can give him a sarcastic remark in return

The evil judge storyline had me confused until Alan brought in his mom who definitely looked pretty scary.

It looks like maybe we'll see more Tara in the storylines as we see how she tries to figure out how she can balance the good and bad Alans.

And would it have been so hard for Lori to say thank you to Alan for saving her client's life since it was basically her lawyering that got him into that problem.
Old 11-22-04, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by tofu
Although I love this show, as all of you have said, it needs more Mark Valley. Or at least, if he only has one line, at least let it be with Spader in the room so that Spader can give him a sarcastic remark in return.
Mark Valley deserves more screentime and not just trading sarcastic remarks with James Spader. He is being wasted on this show. Hope he is talking to his agent.

Diana
www.moonlighting21.com
Old 11-22-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I agree.

I'm ready for Keen Eddie to come back..
Old 11-22-04, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
I agree.

I'm ready for Keen Eddie to come back..
Keen Eddie: The Motion Picture.
Old 11-23-04, 04:22 PM

I was crying I was laughing so hard during Alan's defense of Denny to the judge. I agree that the scene is one of the best ever in television.

I thought I would never complain about Monica Potter because she is extremely easy on the eyes, but she is down right annoying now. I am just glad Sally has taken a back seat. The show needs a lot more of Alan, Denny and Tara.
Old 11-24-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How great was that the one-legged woman was played by Dey Young, who played Odo's love interest in one episode of Deep Space 9. I wish we could have gotten her in a scene with Rene Auberjonois.

The more I look at Monica Potter/Lori, the more she reminds me of a grown-up Patty from American Dreams. When Tara came into work late and Lori was being all inosy and know-it-all-y I was like, "It's Patty and Meg!"

The pretty side of her also looks like Mrs. Pryor, so she is this perfect combination of Helen & Patty. American Dreams ought to cast her to play Helen's sister.
Old 11-24-04, 12:17 AM
Banned

If a character is dealing with potentially dying, shouldn't we at the very least care about the character? Did anyone care if the robber lived or died or went to prison? I wanted him to die for what he did.
Old 11-24-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
watching it now during the commercials of L&O
"stand aside before I push you down and go to the bathroom on you"

that judge in the slumlord case was a moron
Old 12-13-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by sq240
I was crying I was laughing so hard during Alan's defense of Denny to the judge. I agree that the scene is one of the best ever in television.

Finally got around to watching this one. Best defense ever.