Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New Final Fantasy 12 trailer (you have to see this!)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Square's artists have limitless imaginations. This trailer is beautiful. Looking forward to it. Need a FF fix after finishing part 10.
Old 11-21-04, 07:44 PM
Banned

SWEEET!

Does anyone know how this game will be different than the previous in the series? I know when FFX came out, there was much talk from Square how this would be the last FF to be like all the others. Now, they never went into detail about what that meant, but many speculated that the game would adapt the Kingdom Hearts battle style. Can anyone confirm this?

Another possible difference, would to make the game a lot less linear... which I guess would revert back to the styles of the orginal FF games. Is this the major change they are talking about?
Old 11-21-04, 07:52 PM

looks great, I hope they go with a less linear game this time around.
Old 11-21-04, 08:03 PM

Cool. In fact, if they slapped a John Williams soundtrack on that and Nomura designed a protagonist that didn't look like Cloud or Tidus or some strange 'tween lovechild, it would be damn near perfect.
Old 11-21-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No footage of actual game.. shocking.

From what I've heard the battle system isn't going to be action based (like Kingdom Hearts) but probably a mixture of traditional FF style and tactical RPG style. I think Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter did something like this and I actually like it quite a bit.
Old 11-21-04, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
No footage of actual game.. shocking.

From what I've heard the battle system isn't going to be action based (like Kingdom Hearts) but probably a mixture of traditional FF style and tactical RPG style. I think Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter did something like this and I actually like it quite a bit.
Thats what I said, I want to see the in-game footage. I scrolled down and took a look at the other trailers. If you scroll down and look at the bottom right trailer with the upload date of 5/30/2004, thats looks like in-game footage of a battle. It really doesn't seem like a turn based battle system. Now, I'm no rpg guru, but it looked like SW:KOTOR, ToS, or Sudeki battle type system. It was a pretty short battle scene. So, I could be wrong. Any experts want to chime in. Off to play some more ToS....

Last edited by rgarcia; 11-21-04 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-21-04, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, looks good to me... erm, were those playboy bunnies in that video?
Old 11-21-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Looks good as always. Square hasn't dissapointed me yet with their artwork and design.
Old 11-22-04, 03:22 AM

Looks good! I like the logo for this one too.
Old 11-22-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by young
well, looks good to me... erm, were those playboy bunnies in that video?
I thought the same thing! They are a race with floppy bunny ears on their heads.

Oh and at the end of the trailer you do see some in-game footage (not pre-rendered). Not exactly game play but that's what the game engine looks like. The producer is the same guy that did Vagrant Story for PSone which was an amazing technical achievement at the end of that consoles life cycle. Great game.
Old 11-22-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice. The FF franchise always has some of the most interesting looking sequences.
Old 11-22-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
The Francise,

You also see some in-game cutescenes almost halfway through the video and one brief segment that I could swear was actual gameplay but all it consisted of was the characters running away from/toward something.

Still, I'm looking foward to this.
Old 11-27-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched the movie, while the CG is impressive as ever, for some reason I just haven't been able to get excited about this game and the movie didn't change my opinion. I used to always look forward to new FF games, maybe i'm finally getting tired of the series, who knows. i'll wait for more info (or rather some actual in-game movies).