Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives 11/21

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 06:30 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Desperate Housewives 11/21

"Anything You Can Do"
Susan is miffed when Mike's unexpected - and very sexy - houseguest (guest star Heather Stephens as Kendra) forces him to postpone their first official "date"; Lynette becomes steadily more dependent on the twins' ADD medication; Gabrielle becomes jealous of the "other" woman in John's life; Bree's kids mutiny when they learn their dad has moved out; and the enigmatic Mr. Shaw (guest star Richard Roundtree) comes closer to solving one of Wisteria Lane's big mysteries.

Last edited by Geofferson; 11-21-04 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-21-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Drama.
Old 11-21-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Episode is over, so no need for spoilers now I guess.

Andrew runs down Carlos' mother! Sweet!

So how do they know that Evie (sp?) was the blackmailer?
Old 11-21-04, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because Mary Alice's hubby saw that she was using the same kind of paper in her real estate kit that was used on The Mysterious Note. Pretty dubious evidence, I'd say, considering it looks like they're out to kill her. Look out for Shaft, Edie!

This show is getting pretty good.

Last edited by areacode212; 11-21-04 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-21-04, 09:27 PM

Wow. Major developments this week and more to come next week looks like. This show is really getting good.
Old 11-21-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
So...I take it Kendra is Mary Alice's sister and Mike is there investigating her death? Or is Kendra someone else's sister?

Also,
Spoiler:
do they intend to kill of Edie? While the previews seem to point to that, I do not see why they would get rid of such a sexy woman so soon.

Finally, why couldn't Andrew move in with his father? Why wouldn't the father want him to move in, as he seems lonely? Could the father be having a mistress already?
Old 11-21-04, 09:33 PM

tv gude said mrs. solice would catch the gardener with superwoman teri hatcher. Looks like tv guide was wrong!
Old 11-21-04, 10:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Pretty good episode.

Nicolette looked good in her realtors outfit. I think it's to early to reveal who the blackmailer is so I doubt it is Edie.

I think it will turn out to be
Spoiler:
Ms Huber. Edie probably picked up the paper there since she has been living with her since her house burned down
Old 11-21-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TVGal mentioned that Rex is not gay (or at least she alluded to it), but we pretty much put that to rest last week. Maybe he has a mistress, but I don't think so. I think that it is going to be something more odd than that.

I totally missed the paper thing. Thanks.

I was thinking that Kendra was MA's sister before anything similiar was brought up in the show, but when Mike said how the bar was the last place that she was seen, it made me doubt if it really was MA's sister, and not just a new storyline that will somehow be interwoven in the future.
Old 11-21-04, 10:35 PM

I don't think the reason that Mike is in the neighborhood has anything to do with the Mary Alice storyline.
Old 11-21-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Ted The Bug
I don't think the reason that Mike is in the neighborhood has anything to do with the Mary Alice storyline.
He's not - he showed up about the same time as her death.
Old 11-21-04, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Plus, I think the rest of the housewives would recognize Kendra as being related to MA.

Pretty insane episode tonight:

Lynette's a ritalin junkie, and undermines her husband's marketing pitch.

Susan's jealousy issues were dealt with swiftly by the mechanical bull.

Gabby received a minor miracle via drunk-driving Bree's son running over Mrs. Solis.

Bree's response to her children not choosing her now that Rex is proceeding with the divorce was classic Bree, mainly over-the-top.

So Mike is working for someone who appears to have lost a daughter, and the other daughter is working at cross-purposes in trying to get some closure on the whole ordeal for her father and family.
Old 11-22-04, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Great episode! That opening with Mrs. Huber dumping the man on Bree's hydrangeas got me hooked right from the beginning.

I just had to laugh when the Alias promo appeared after Mary Alice's voiceover about competition throughout the episode.
OT: If they are going to linger over the Syd/Vaughn thing for the upcoming 4th season, then I don't care that DH has taken over Alias' old time slot.

At least Alias is being paired with another JJ show.
Old 11-22-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I missed the Alias preview, and I've pissed about it. That's what you get for FFing shows!
Old 11-22-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Rex didn't want the son living with him because he doesn't want his son living in a hotel where he'd probably be eating crap all the time. I think he was partially trying to be a responsible father.
Old 11-22-04, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone else think that Edie already knew that hired 'investigator'? They seemed familiar with each other at the bar. Like maybe it was a setup by both of them?
Old 11-22-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I found it interesting that Rex gave those expensive presents to his kids, not to curry their favor, but so they would live with their mother.
Old 11-22-04, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting, not sure what to make of Rex's motives. Bree's reaction was just what I'd expect. Glad to see her confront Gabrielle about sending the daughter off. Gabrielle is so selfish sometimes (all the time?).

Is Mama Solis really dead?

Can't believe that Rex and Bree are going to cover up for their son. Bree maybe, but not Rex.

Edie was awfully friendly with Shaft. Another vote for the stationary belonging to Mrs. Huber as that is where Edie is living.

Some answers but a bunch more questions.
Old 11-22-04, 08:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by cdoug57
Another vote for the stationary belonging to Mrs. Huber as that is where Edie is living.
She moved in after Mary Alice killed herself. Edie's house wasn't burned down until after the suicide.
Old 11-22-04, 08:50 AM

Ditto on the stationary. Everything in Edie's house burned up (except the measuring cup )
Old 11-22-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
So are Edie's days numbered?
Old 11-22-04, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by PeMo
She moved in after Mary Alice killed herself. Edie's house wasn't burned down until after the suicide.
The timeline on the stationary under the Mrs. Huber-is-the-blackmailer theorey goes like this:

1. Mrs. Huber writes the note
2. Edie moves in
3. Edie grabs some paper from Mrs. Huber's desk
4. Mary Alice's husband sees the paper
Old 11-22-04, 09:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by JasonF
The timeline on the stationary under the Mrs. Huber-is-the-blackmailer theorey goes like this:

1. Mrs. Huber writes the note
2. Edie moves in
3. Edie grabs some paper from Mrs. Huber's desk
4. Mary Alice's husband sees the paper
Oh, yeah. That makes sense. My bad.
Old 11-22-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
I missed the Alias preview, and I've pissed about it. That's what you get for FFing shows!
I was using 30 second skip and I saw Sydney for a split second so I stopped and ran it back.

I noticed Lynnete's baby was back this episode (she was pushing a stroller during book club.) It's weird though how much they have shown her without the baby. A baby that small is usually always with you if you are a stay-at-home mom.

Who watched the baby while she was at the school play rehearsals, etc.?
Old 11-22-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I could've sworn she had 3 children. Except I thought she had another boy who was about the same age as the twins. When there was that one show when she was driving a minivan and got pulled over by a cop, I thought there were 3?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.