Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DVD profiler question ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD profiler question ?

Is there a limit on the number of titles that you can display with the signature link? I have been stuck on 405 for awhile but I can still add to it.
Old 11-21-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Not that I know of. I'm around 650 and you should be able to see mine.

Sorry if this is an obviously question but have you been uploading your collection each time you add new stuff?
Old 11-21-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I upload eveytime that I add to my collection, as I have from day one. I noticed this problem back in June/July.

Can I assume that if I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, that I am going to lose all of my data?
Old 11-21-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a limit for unregistered users - and it depends how many profiles you have locked and how much of your own custom information has been entered.
Old 11-21-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by howwon
I upload eveytime that I add to my collection, as I have from day one. I noticed this problem back in June/July.

Can I assume that if I uninstalled and reinstalled the program, that I am going to lose all of my data?
back it up so you don't lose your info if you need to reinstall.
Old 11-21-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by howwon

I had the same problem.

when my computer crashed, I had to reinstall DVDProfiler and that did the trick. I'm at 750+ titles now. I used to be over 850
Old 11-22-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's a size restriction on how many profiles you can upload with the free version. It sounds like you've hit the limit. Why don't you skip a DVD purchase and just buy the program. $25 for this program is a steal.
Old 11-22-04, 10:19 PM

To correct MEJHarrison...... there is a FILE SIZE limit on the unregistered version .... there is NO limit to the number of titles, but when u have custom/ locked titles the file u save to on the intervocitive server is larger (that why we have lower rez pics ). u may have hit ur file size limit. unlock all urtitles and update the pics and profiles then try and add more ... it should cure ur ails

458 and growing every tuesday ...
Old 11-23-04, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is it my imagination, or are they getting way behind on their updates lately? I have a big stack of things that aren't in yet, and the ones I personally entered aren't showing up yet either. Profiler season 4 came out on 10/26 and that is hardly a small release. I hope all is well.
Old 11-23-04, 05:31 AM

There is a beta of Profiler v2.3 comming out. I do believe that they are doing their best to get that software out in full release before doing any updates at this time. In the last week there have been 3 or 4 versions correcting minor things as they approch the release.
Old 11-23-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by THORN
To correct MEJHarrison...... there is a FILE SIZE limit on the unregistered version .... there is NO limit to the number of titles,
You are quite correct. That's what I intended to say, but it doesn't appear to have come out quite right.

unlock all urtitles and update the pics and profiles then try and add more ... it should cure ur ails
Or just buy the dang thing. Most people who can afford to buy 400+ titles, can afford $25 for this. And there's even more premium-only features in the next version.
Old 11-24-04, 01:20 AM

How:

Just a point of reference, why not ask this question in DVDProfilers Forums?

BTW, the size limit on free registrations is 500 KB, how that translates into number of movies is unknown and is no doubt variable depending on locks, and the size of each individual movie.

Skip
Old 11-24-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to buy the premium tonight.
Old 11-24-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I up-graded to the premium edition and still had the same problem, stuck at 405.

Went back to program this morning to get a fresh start and than it dawned on me.............

If I delete a title but do not reassign my collection numbers, any new titles that I enter, will be assigned a number where there was previously a title.

I have to remember to reassign my collection numbers every time that I remove a movie from my collection.

DUH (in the voice of Homer)