Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

when will Black Friday info be posted?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

when will Black Friday info be posted?

Old 11-21-04, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when will B Friday info B posted?

I hope this question and discussion is valid and not have this thread be terminated. As someone who goes ape over B Friday deals, I want to know how early I can start going over the info and plan where to go Friday morning!
I understand the murky legal issues that the forums have faced years previously, so please don't list any deals here, I just want to know when we CAN expect information on Friday's deals? Anyone remember last year when which stores posted their deals?
Old 11-21-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanksgiving day in the newspaper ads.
Old 11-21-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just do a search on google. Stuff is already out there.
Old 11-21-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have re-opened this thread. Please DO NOT post links to where the information is available early, or what the deals will be, or what you think they will be. If you do, it'll be deleted, and this thread close. If you do not have anything valuable to say, keep it to yourself. I know everyone would like the information to be allowed to be posted here early, but we can't.
Old 11-21-04, 05:07 PM

I guess Pilot cannot do anything about the rules here, but they are what they are (whether you agree with how paranoid they are or not), and my original question did not violate them. I originally simply wanted to know if anyone knew how early different stores post their friday sales?

But thank you pilot for explaining the rules and re-opening the thread, even though some knucklehead will probably get this thread closed again, oh well, you did the right thing though!
Old 11-21-04, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought Black Friday ads would be in today's paper? I was abot to run and grab one but if it's Thursday's paper I certainly will not.
Old 11-21-04, 06:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Nope, it's Thursday. Just regular ads today.
Old 11-21-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We do not get a paper on Thanksgiving. They always come with our Wednesday evening paper.
Old 11-21-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In many smaller towns ads are already out or will come out in the next couple of days. Papers that are not daily run them early. I know, I have worked in that industry. So why the holdup, I have seen ads for almost everywhere elsewhere on the net. I live in a city of 80,000 and hell I already have one - Bass Pro Shops - sorry, no DVD deals.

Last edited by speedyray; 11-21-04 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was in Media Play the other day, and heard over the speakers about a big "day after Thanksgiving Day sale" (People in Michigan seem to have no idea what Black Friday is..) and the promo went on for at least a solid minute. I kept waiting to hear some details, but alas none.
Old 11-22-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. If I purchased an item yesterday at Best Buy and I find that it is on sale on BF, can I still do the price guarantee?
Old 11-22-04, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by speedyray
In many smaller towns ads are already out ...
If the ads are already out, then there is no legal issue, correct? The listing in the ads can then be stated, right?
Old 11-22-04, 10:10 AM

since I respect the rules of dvdtalks, I will not post them.

I did find them on another site, so those who really can't wait to see them. Maybe if you sent me an email, I might be able to give you the link

**if that is against the rules, then please delete my post**
Old 11-22-04, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Robertwoj
If the ads are already out, then there is no legal issue, correct? The listing in the ads can then be stated, right?
Because the ads have been leaked out, and have not been officially "released" by the respective stores.
Old 11-22-04, 11:02 AM
Banned

I think he was talking about stores that have put the ads like. there are some stores that have done this.
Old 11-22-04, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by achau9598
I have a question that I hope someone can answer. If I purchased an item yesterday at Best Buy and I find that it is on sale on BF, can I still do the price guarantee?
This has come up before, I think it is just going to depend on the store. But IMO, they should give you a price match. Heck most stores this is their everyday policy, even for special sales. I have never seen a store say that they will not price match their own price because it is an after Thanksgiving day sale.
Old 11-22-04, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by scott27
Because the ads have been leaked out, and have not been officially "released" by the respective stores.
I didn't get the impression that he meant they "leaked" out. It sounded like they were already included in newspapers in the small towns.

However, if they "leaked' out, I agree in not posting them.
Old 11-22-04, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by reverie
I was in Media Play the other day, and heard over the speakers about a big "day after Thanksgiving Day sale" (People in Michigan seem to have no idea what Black Friday is..) and the promo went on for at least a solid minute. I kept waiting to hear some details, but alas none.
Maybe where you're from in MI but everyone I know has ample knowledge about Black Friday. I've been getting up early for years to hit the sales.
Old 11-22-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Robertwoj
I didn't get the impression that he meant they "leaked" out. It sounded like they were already included in newspapers in the small towns.

However, if they "leaked' out, I agree in not posting them.
Yeah, not leaked already distributed. It is real hit or miss though as most communities that do not have daily papers, are a good way from shopping venues. So, how many stores paid to advertise in these communities. It is basically a technicallity. but hey, they are up all over the place. DVDTalk seems to be dragging its feet as compared to everyone else, but the safe route is fine with me if it ensures the site will be here post Black Friday.
Old 11-23-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by iggystar
Maybe where you're from in MI but everyone I know has ample knowledge about Black Friday. I've been getting up early for years to hit the sales.
I live downriver currently (and I'm not from MI originally), and sure there are the sales and all, and everyone going out early Friday, but no one I've talked to here knows what I'm talking about when I mention the words "Black Friday".
Old 11-23-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I just receive the Wal-Mart Black Friday flyer in the mail today.