Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I've bought WAY too many games recently.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

These are the games I picked up just these last couple of weeks:
GTA:SA
Halo2
Metroid2
KillZone
Call of Duty
Viewtiful Joe 2
Capcom:Evo
MetalGear3
Ratchet&Clank3
Jak3
Dead or Alive Ultimate
and a couple others I'm forgetting (not to mention a bunch of dvds).

I'm insane. Really. And not because any of them are bad (they're all good games) or because I can't afford them (I can easily afford much more), but because I feel like such a gluttonous ass.

I feel like the guy that goes to a restaurant and instead of getting one or two items on the menu that look good, he gets everything and ends up not really enjoying most of it because he can't finish it all.
Old 11-19-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spent over $100 this week on NES games.. boredom at work + eBay = DANGER.
Old 11-19-04, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I just finished picking up Rumble Roses, ESPN College Hoops and Mario DS. With the DS coming out the bank is pretty much getting broke this month. I've already gone through all my Blockbuster trade in money.
Old 11-19-04, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here, my wife is gonna shoot me!!!! , and I have still have one more to pick up this week.
Old 11-19-04, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh, heh, looks like you're preachin' to the choir here.

I've gotten so many games over the years that I don't even buy the new ones anymore. It amazes me sometimes how quickly the prices come down. I wait until they're heavily discounted and then scoop them up. I just bought the Grand Theft Auto 2-pack for the xbox (19.99) and Rise of Nations Gold Edition for the PC (29.99)

I must have 70 games for the xbox now so there is always something worth playing.
Old 11-19-04, 05:33 PM
Banned

Me to thank god all but a few games were super cheap.
Old 11-19-04, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Plus, some of those games will price drop by the time you get to them.
Old 11-19-04, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by darqleo
Plus, some of those games will price drop by the time you get to them.
I can't count haw many times this shit happened to me. So I pretty much stopped buying $50 games and get it when it does a price drop or goes on sales. I only pay $50 if I must have the game.

I've wasted allot of money cause I never learned to wait for crap. I just buy some cheap games now and by the time I finish them the $50 game I wanted goes down in price.
Old 11-19-04, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: I've bought WAY too many games recently.

Originally posted by slop101
These are the games I picked up just these last couple of weeks:
GTA:SA
Halo2
Metroid2
KillZone
Call of Duty
Viewtiful Joe 2
Capcom:Evo
MetalGear3
Ratchet&Clank3
Jak3
Dead or Alive Ultimate
and a couple others I'm forgetting (not to mention a bunch of dvds).

I'm insane. Really. And not because any of them are bad (they're all good games) or because I can't afford them (I can easily afford much more), but because I feel like such a gluttonous ass.

I feel like the guy that goes to a restaurant and instead of getting one or two items on the menu that look good, he gets everything and ends up not really enjoying most of it because he can't finish it all.
Wow I hope you got some deals and didn't pay full price for all of those since they are all new.

I have more than 100 games that I haven't beat or even played yet, many still wrapped up. I buy only when I see a deal for a game, $15 for an anticipated game I want, $10 for a game I have some interest, and $5 for just about anything. With games so cheap now it isn't worth spending any more than about $15 on any game. I have averaged probably $10-$15 on all the games I have. Going to add another tonight when I pick up my Metroid Prime 2 pre-order at gamerush, but I got it really cheap so it doesn't bother me.
Old 11-19-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm normally pretty picky/frugal when it comes to buying games and most of the time I go in and check out the used games section of my favorite stores. But over the last few moths many NEW games have come out that I want like Halo 2, Star Wars: Battlefront, Godzilla 2, Bloodrayne 2 and few others. So Iv'e been spending more than usual.
Old 11-19-04, 08:58 PM

Here's a good prophylactic against purchasing games that I've tried which works particularly well: go back to grad school.

No money=no games.
Old 11-19-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I myself was into Star Ocean and Tales of Symphonia when Fable, GTA San Andreas, Halo 2, and Half-Life 2 came out.

Plus I have to play the Sims 2, Doom 3, and Rise of Nations.

Not to mention Smackdown vs Raw, and Donkey Konga.

Oh and soon MGS 3 and Metroid Prime 2.

Way too many games.....
Old 11-20-04, 12:56 AM

Wow.

Thats way too many games. You would have to play 24/7 to finish them all by the new year. lol.

I couldnt see myself buying so many at one time.

I generally buy the new hot title (if im interested), beat that, and move on.

Certain games I wanted (that I dont buy) I do lose interest in. They are old by the time I am done with the others. I am ready to move on to the next hot title.

So, it all works out.

I generally dont keep games I beat either. Most games I wouldnt have any further interest in playing after beating it. Few exceptions.

I have probably played, enjoyed, and beaten 10-12 $50 titles off the same hundred bucks.
Old 11-20-04, 12:58 AM

Also,

The whole point of video games is to enjoy yourself.

When it starts to feel like a chore, all the fun you should be having disappears.

Plenty of things in life that arent fun. Dont let your DVD viewing & video game habits turn into a chore. Then there is no point to even doing it.
Old 11-20-04, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have my hands full with Halo 2, GTA: SA and I just bought MGS3 last night.
Old 11-20-04, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, thankfully im not the only one! This year has been crazy with all the games, my Fiance cant stand it sometimes, heres my tally so far for this year, with a thumb up for the ones i really enjoyed:

NFL Street [PS2] (Ended)
LifeLine [PS2] (Ended)
Onimusha Tactics [GBA] (Ended)
Onimusha Blade Warriors [PS2]
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege [PS2] (Ended)
Ninja Gaiden [Xbox] (Ended)
Killswitch [Xbox] (Ended)
Resident Evil: Outbreak [PS2] (Ended)
Fight Night 2004 [PS2] (Ended)
Red Dead Revovler [Xbox] (Ended)
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch [GBA]
Legends of Wrestling: Showdown [PS2]
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection [PS2]
Silent Hill 4: The Room [PS2] (Ended)
Def Jam Vendetta: Fight for NY [PS2] (Ended)
Fable [Xbox] (Ended)
X-Men Legends [PS2]
Dead or Alive Ultimate [Xbox]
GTA: San Andreas [PS2] (Ended)
Halo 2 [Xbox]
Jak 3 [PS2]
Rumble Roses [PS2]
Burnout 3: Takedown [Xbox]

Im forgetting a few i bought and traded. Man, i gotta chill...

Last edited by thegame370; 11-20-04 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-20-04, 09:07 PM

I'm like Mopower... sticking to Halo 2 and GTA: SA. I can wait on the other titles... none aren't too rare at this point
Old 11-20-04, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by DLogic
I'm like Mopower... sticking to Halo 2 and GTA: SA. I can wait on the other titles... none aren't too rare at this point
I'm in the same boat with Halo 2 and GTA: SA. I just started Tales of Symphonia tonite, also. These three games should last me for a while.

No fanboy here, all three system are getting pretty much equal time.
Old 11-21-04, 02:50 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's a lot of games dude.
Old 11-21-04, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Re: I've bought WAY too many games recently.

Originally posted by slop101
Then you should be buying stuff for me since you have way too much cash.

I've been knee-deep in Half-Life 2... occasionally playing CS Source. I'm pissed about HL Source being worthless... Halo2 and San Andreas have taken a back seat for awhile.
Old 11-21-04, 05:34 PM

Funny thing is I said to myself I will rent movies now instead of buying movies I wont have time to watch anyway so I joined blockbuster during the free shrek 2 period. And when I did this I went out to buy games I wont have time to play anyway except for the first 30 minutes after I get home. Anyways I have picked up about 15 games ever since the shrek 2 deal at blockbuster for all the different systems.

This morning I woke up at 10am saying to myself should i get the DS? pacing back and forth I read the forums and went out and bouhgt one. ughhhhh. Like im gonna have time to play it anyway. Bad BAd addiction. First dvds, now games whats next?

I swear visiting deal sites that also hype up certain items have taken more money out of my bank account if supposed I had never known of any deal sites.

Who else is on my side with this addiction to electronic entertainment?
Old 11-21-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought I was out of playing videogames now that I have a baby, but with the latest releases, I'm buying my way back in.

Halo 2
Metroid 2
Nintendo DS

Old 11-21-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RichardW
I thought I was out of playing videogames now that I have a baby, but with the latest releases, I'm buying my way back in.

Halo 2
Metroid 2
Nintendo DS

My son put a crunch into game playing for awhile, but both my wife have managed to find plenty of time lately.
Old 11-21-04, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by outer-edge
My son put a crunch into game playing for awhile, but both my wife have managed to find plenty of time lately.
how old did your son started playing videogames? I always wonder if my future child would play all my unopen cubes games? i have too many and never really play them?
Old 11-21-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I have picked up 17 PS1 and 47 PS2 games, not to mention a new PS2, in the past two weeks. There are a couple of GBA and N64 games scattered in there, as well.

I traded in ~85 DVDs at Blockbuster during their $8 trade-in, and they have been having some crazy sales on used games... B1 get 1 1/2 off, b2 get 1 free, trade in a game, get a new one for $29.99, trade in 3 and get a used for $10, etc.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.