Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The One & Only Half Life 2 Tips/Help Thread.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One & Only Half Life 2 Tips/Help Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck on HL2 - bridge access room. Then what?

I am totally stuck right now in HL2. Im on the level with the very long steel bridge that has a forcefield and a broken access panel inside of this room at one end, and when you get there, a gunship attacks the bridge.

I have deactivated the forcefield, but... now what? There is no where else to go? How do i get to the top of the bridge !?
Do i actually have to backtrack all the f-ing way to the other side of the bridge with the gunship attacking !??
Old 11-19-04, 05:13 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Are you talking about the bridge that you walk on the steel girders to get the the other side? If so, yes, you have the backtrack the entire way with the gunship shooting at you.
Old 11-19-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just figured it out after i wrote the post. ....

im in entanglement right now, and LOVING it. awesome game -
Old 11-19-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, now i am stuck in a different part.

I am in entanglement in that red area where alyx tells you theres a shitload of stormtroopers coming, and to put out the sentry guns.
Well, they just keep coming and coming... its rediculous. its like 30 to 1.

I have no idea how to get through this part. i must be missing a secret or a trick -
Old 11-19-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally posted by skiblet
Ok, now i am stuck in a different part.

I am in entanglement in that red area where alyx tells you theres a shitload of stormtroopers coming, and to put out the sentry guns.
Well, they just keep coming and coming... its rediculous. its like 30 to 1.

I have no idea how to get through this part. i must be missing a secret or a trick -
Just set up the guns, and fix them when they fall. She'll come eventually through an air vent and they'll stop coming. Put one gun by each stairwell. Sometimes you'll have to shoot the guards too, you can't just rely on the guns.
Old 11-19-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have tried that over and over, i am getting a little sick of playing the same part.

How are you supposed to continually kill them when they come at you from all directions !? And the combine just walk right up to the sentry guns and knock them over -

Can anyone offer some more advice on this area? it is starting to get a little tiresome -
Old 11-19-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just kept running out and putting the guns back up. I also think I might have brought an extra gun over from the last time. I beat it on my first try.... but it seemed like I might die one or two times. Just keep at it, if I can do it, you can :P Also, if you just want to get past it, and are playing at regular or hard difficulty, you can turn it down for this part.

Also, I'd like to request that people put in spoiler brackets. You can put the level title up before the spoiler brackets, so people who haven't finished the game, but want to help in earlier parts, can do so.
Old 11-20-04, 12:03 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I crouched in the corner behind a barrel and just kept shooting. Worked well...I only got down to 80% health or so.
Old 11-20-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to do the gun setup thing a couple times. I found the first one really really easy... the guys didn't even make it up the stairs, and only knocked over one gun, once. The second one, not as easy, since the guys just kept knocking my guns over, but I think I brought along an extra gun to help. As long as you keep picking up the guns, you'll do ok, or at least I did.
Old 11-20-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually hid out in a dark room on the side and the second i saw guys i shot them with the magnum or shotgun and took them out with 1 hit. didn't even use the guns that time heh. they eventually stopped