Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

So do you decline people based on rep?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
So do you decline people based on rep?

I was playing NFL2K5 again last night, and I have become abundantly sick of the piss poor attitudes and play styles of the people on there. So last night I managed to come back on one of those "no sim" players and was kicking a game winning field goal with one second left and as it's going through the uprights, he disconnects. Now it was too late, as when I checked my profile it still showed that I had hit the field goal, but I am just sick and tired of people like this.

I wish there was a bad attitude feedback. There's good attitude, but no bad attitude. Now I would say about 50% of the people I play on there are bad nowadays, with the disconnects and all that. I now feel like I can't play anyone who uses the Ravens or Eagles because they seem to be the worst offenders.

Anyone else want to share their bad experiences?
Old 11-19-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
it's why I don't play sports online... although that may change with Fifa 2005. We'll see.
Old 11-19-04, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
My friend says everytime someone plays him, they quit when he's beating them. I beat him a few times, but for the most part he always beats me. He is a pro at it.
Old 11-19-04, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFL2k5: One time I was beating someone pretty good. I didn't have my headset connected so I was saved from whatever obscenities he might have been saying. But at one point, he went into instant replay and zoomed into a player's groin area and zoomed in and out for like 10 minutes. I bet he thought I would get fed up and disconnect, but I went to get a snack and he eventually disconnected.
Old 11-19-04, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heck yeah I decline players based on rep. If they have like 60 drops and 60 wins or if they're 98 and 0 with 0 drops, I instantly decline them. I want a player that has about the same amount of games as me. I don't want a blowout.
Old 11-19-04, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree on the need for feedback. But, if you had negative feedback available, the same people who are cheating/disconnecting would leave everyone bogus negative feedback.
Old 11-19-04, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another of the many reasons I dropped Live.
Old 11-19-04, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I get my ass kicked in various games online all the time.

But I NEVER quit or disconnect early.
Old 11-19-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm the same as you Robo. If I'm playing some jerk who plays unrealistically and I'm getting crushed, I still stay to the last second. I have no disconnects and no quits on my record.

And the replay thing, how FRUSTRATING is that? I remember where I caught the ball in bounds, and he hit my receiver out of bounds, which counts as a catch in the NFL right? But no, he has to go and show the replay 4000 times that I didn't land in bounds. If you want to show me something, put your headset on and tell me how you think I got a lucky play off, but you don't do that because you know you play like a cheap bastard and don't want to get called on it.

Still even with the cheap people I do enjoy playing sports games online, and I won't let the losers take away my fun. And the thing about the negative feedback, is that I notice when I beat a cheap player, I sometimes see my feedback rating lose one. Didn't these people learn sportsmanship.
Old 11-19-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 909 Likes on 671 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
it's why I don't play sports online...
Bingo. That's why I don't play most games on-line.
Old 11-19-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well these things where people quit before the game is over to save their ranking or whatever doesn't happen in any other game I play online.
Old 11-19-04, 04:45 PM

Thats what the leagues are for on the sports games. With the league stuff you can regulate that sort of stuff so your opponent has something to lose when they disconnect. When playing exhibition games there is nothing for them to lose at all for doing stuff like that.

But, yeah, had the same thing happen to me on numerous occasions. Very annoying. I would never play anyone that had a suspicious number of quits and drops...but then they reset the records on it and I stopped playing exhibition games because I don't like playing russian roulette with an hour of my time.

BTW, on NFL2k5 there is a way to leave negative feedback. Just rate the players play style as no-sim. If he does that enough and enough people actually use that ranking system then all the no-sim players would have a hard time hiding.
Old 11-19-04, 05:10 PM

I only play people on two or three websites I visit regularly(here, OS MM), or people I know locally. When you play random folks, you get random cheesefest games.
Old 11-20-04, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
Well these things where people quit before the game is over to save their ranking or whatever doesn't happen in any other game I play online.
I don't know if it's the case, but I have noticed people who have quits and disconnects seem to take bigger hits to their record if they are losing when they quit or disconnect. I'm ranked 900 something now at 22-12.

I do make use of the no sim feature, but I wish there was simply a bad session, or bad attitude feedback button.
Old 11-20-04, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I don't know if it's the case, but I have noticed people who have quits and disconnects seem to take bigger hits to their record if they are losing when they quit or disconnect. I'm ranked 900 something now at 22-12.

I do make use of the no sim feature, but I wish there was simply a bad session, or bad attitude feedback button.
There is the XBOX LIVE feedback system where you can leave them the equivalent of negative feedback. The choices are kind of limited for what to say about them, but 'CHEATING' would definietly apply to disconnecters.
Old 11-21-04, 02:52 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's a lot of sore losers out there