Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Blockbuster deal on videogames

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-04, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blockbuster deal on videogames

Right now blockbuster has a deal where you can trade in any 3 games and get any used game for $10.

I used the store credit i had at an Eb games to pick up 3 used games, i got the really cheap ones so that all 3 cost me a total of $12 in credit. I then traded them in at Blockbuster. They said it's usually supposed to be $10 with the 3 games, but their computer said i only owed $5, so i used my store credit.

I did this and picked up Star wars battlefront and then immediately traded it back in for the $35 in store credit.

So the total cost for me was $11 in store credit at EB games and $5 in store credit at Blockbuster and i got $35 in credit in the end.
Old 11-17-04, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

should probably post this in the video game forum.
Old 11-17-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, too bad my Blockbuster has no good pre-owned games....very slim..
Old 11-17-04, 05:44 PM

Not a very good deal. I've stopped renting games at Blockbuster because of lost manuals 2 days after it's released and games scratched up seriously with a knife or something else.
Old 11-17-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't really interested in the games when i did this. I just wanted to trade it back in and get the store credit and use it on dvd's. For about 15 minutes of driving and work, i got the $35 in credit and it really didn't cost me anything.
Old 11-17-04, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Kocheese99
I wasn't really interested in the games when i did this. I just wanted to trade it back in and get the store credit and use it on dvd's. For about 15 minutes of driving and work, i got the $35 in credit and it really didn't cost me anything.
No, you added only $19(and that is with a $5 error on BBV computer) in store credit, and it cost you both time and gas.

No Thanks
Old 11-17-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by scottp120
Not a very good deal. I've stopped renting games at Blockbuster because of lost manuals 2 days after it's released and games scratched up seriously with a knife or something else.
I couldn't agree more. The last few times I've rented from BBV, the discs were just crap. And it's weird, because the stuff I was renting was really new. I mean, they couldn't have been more than a week old or so.
Old 11-17-04, 09:19 PM

It wasn't a $5 error on BBV, they simply gave you $5 credit for the 3 games that you traded in. I have done this twice and have gotten Fable and Burnout 3. I bought Madden 2001, NHL 2001, and HP Quidditch for under $10 total at EB Games. I then got $10 trade-in credit at BBV ($7 for HP lol). So net it costed me under $10 each for 2 GREAT games......
Old 11-17-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've posted this in the video game forums before. Gamerush gives great trade in prices, sometimes more than you pay for games. Add this to some of the deals they have had, trade-in two get a pre-order for 30 (in addition to the trade in values) or trade in 3 get $5 extra per game, and you have some good deals. I have gotten some new $50 games pre-ordered for $15 out of pocket, just the cost of the games I traded in, plus had credit left over sometimes.
Old 11-18-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
I couldn't agree more. The last few times I've rented from BBV, the discs were just crap. And it's weird, because the stuff I was renting was really new. I mean, they couldn't have been more than a week old or so.
I rented DOA-Ultimate a few weeks ago at BBV and it looked brand new as did OutRun2 which I rented the next day. I was wondering if they had even been played at all.

The weird thing is, I noticed the cases on the shelf for about a week before and they appeared to be all rented out.