DVD Talk
Any chance of an Austin Powers boxset? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of an Austin Powers boxset?

DIVX Rulz
11-15-04, 08:35 PM
Is there any chance of an Austin Powers boxset coming out? I was debating on if I should take advantage of the 2 for $15 deal at Best Buy... but since I waited this long to get them I can wait a little longer if there's a chance of a better version come out.

DVD Josh
11-15-04, 08:38 PM
Very doubtful. The releases are packed as it is. I don't think we'll get better than as is.

Fok
11-15-04, 08:48 PM
The current releases look pretty good, don't think you can go wrong there. But with the pattern of DVD releases, it wouldn't suprise me if they released a 10 year SE later on.

Snowmaker
11-15-04, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DIVX Rulz
Is there any chance of an Austin Powers boxset coming out? I was debating on if I should take advantage of the 2 for $15 deal at Best Buy... but since I waited this long to get them I can wait a little longer if there's a chance of a better version come out.

Hell, I took advantage of that deal today JUST to get the green and red keepcases. I can finally get rid of my cardboard snapper ones. :D

OldBoy
11-15-04, 09:01 PM
there already is. you can buy all 3 together! i did as a present for someone! how much more boxset can you get!

Rammsteinfan
11-15-04, 09:02 PM
Didnt Best Buy already have a 3 disc set for AP trilogy? I bought all three together in keepcases back when GM came out on DVD. But of course, I made a custom 3 disc keepcase for them.

RichardW
11-15-04, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Snowmaker
Hell, I took advantage of that deal today JUST to get the green and red keepcases. I can finally get rid of my cardboard snapper ones. :D

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I hate snappers.

Snowmaker
11-15-04, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by RichardW
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I hate snappers.

Well all the same artwork, text and photos are there (YES there are inserts!)

The only difference I saw was the dates and the Dolby Digital logo on the AP2 disk. Also, the movie titless following an actor's name on the back has been updated. EXAMPLE: The snappers for the two read

Mike Myers (Wayne's World 1 & 2, So I Married an Axe Murderer)

Mike Meyers (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery)

Where as both keepcases read:

Mike Myers (Austin Powers 2 & 3) or (Austin Powers 1 & 3) (depending on which one you're reading).

astrochimp
11-15-04, 10:32 PM
I would love an AP boxset :)

nightmaster
11-15-04, 11:02 PM
Great movies but like others here I think theyre pretty well represented as stands and priced to sell. I can't see an BIG rerelease coming unless Myers does another AP movie, which I would much rather see than pap like Cat In The Hat. Early on I had heard he was intending to do seven AP movies, but as the third was being releasd he was making noises that the third was the last.

Josh Z
11-16-04, 12:37 AM
Just buy the existing three discs and a custom box from Paul Champagne. His Austin Powers design is pretty nice.

tanman
11-16-04, 04:52 AM
Don't forget until the 20th you can get it for $20 at DDD.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0