Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice - 11/11

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The Apprentice - 11/11

So this week, Chris has to prove himself, having pissed off Donald and opening his big mouth and criticizing his teammates.

Can the two teams survive the bridal salon challenge???

Discuss the outcome!!!
Old 11-11-04, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
Ivana sucks.

Or does everyone know that already?
Old 11-11-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Well, it seems to have escaped one guy with a bad haircut.
Old 11-11-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stupid Maria with the blatant lie! Thar she blinks!

And I don't think her eyes can handle the bling-bling sparkle.
Old 11-11-04, 11:57 PM
Suspended

kelly got an exemption next week for just delegating everything to sandy

ivana should know that she's as good as gone since the next trump she's brought back into the board room trump and co. will use the fact that she's been brought back so many times as a the reason to fire her

It seems that this season trump listens far too much to the team members who can choose a target to gang up on and trump will fire that person
Old 11-12-04, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Whose genius idea was it to hand out leaflets in the transit areas? That, to me, was idiotic. Women looking for wedding dresses are a very specified niche market which also constantly change. Theknot.com was an excellent idea. If they could have gotten a hold of a mailing list from a bridal or wedding magazine for the local area (with phone numbers) it would have been a big help as well.

So who got booted? I watched until the winning team was revealed, but there was still 20 minutes left in the show at that point.
Old 11-12-04, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the guy that led the losing team, forget his name
Old 11-12-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

my wife is convinced that ivana is going to get it before everything is over
Old 11-12-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Chris was booted Movieking.
Old 11-12-04, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Kelly not only won as PM for his team, he also had the best idea for the other team..

EVEN THE PLAYING FIELD AND HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER AS A CONSULTANT YOU ABSOLUTE MORON!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i'm a man and i thought the penn station idea was dumb

i had doubts about the other team's spam idea, but apparently it worked. i thought the emails would get blocked by spam filters or people wouldn't read them
Old 11-12-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by al_bundy
i'm a man and i thought the penn station idea was dumb

i had doubts about the other team's spam idea, but apparently it worked. i thought the emails would get blocked by spam filters or people wouldn't read them
My wife was telling me all about the website since she lived on places like theknot.com and weddingchannel.com before we got married last year. Theknot.com is to brides-to-be as the dvd bargains forum is to us dvd addicts.

Brides go there first for deals on stuff just like that. And it wasn't spam since theknot sent the email out to people who are signed up to receive their email for these kinds of deals. So it was a great idea.
Old 11-12-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pressplay
Chris was booted Movieking.
You had to figure that he was going to get booted because of his remarks on last week's show.
Old 11-12-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Chris was by far the worst project manager yet. Right of the bat he threw in the towell and whined like a little baby, that the task was "too hard". His attitude was not that of a battler but that of a defeatist weak-willed quitter. Even when they went to meet people, he just stood their with his thumb up his ass and a sour puss, looking like a 5 year old child who was dragged to the clothes store by his mother when he would rather be home watching cartoons.
Old 11-12-04, 12:35 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad Chris got the boot, Ivana isn't going to last too much longer.
Old 11-12-04, 12:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Let's see, who's left???

Ivana
Maria
Jennifer
Sandy

Kelly
Wes
Kevin
Andy

Of the 8, who can we eliminate as DEFINITELY not-going-to-win?

Ivana, Maria, Andy, and both Jennifer and Wes are on the line.

I think Sandy, Kelly, and Kevin are the strongest three.
Old 11-12-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jeffkjoe

I think that Maria, Jennifer and Ivana are definately out.

I wouldn't write off Andy just yet. He did win once as a PM. I also don't see Wes as an automatic out.

I actually think that Kevin is more likely to be booted than either of those two. I like Kevin, but he's been in the boardroom too many times (and for good reason, he's messed up.)

So for me, I can only say that Maria, Jennifer and Ivana definately won't win.
Old 11-12-04, 02:49 PM
Cool New Member

This week's task has to be the lamest this season so far, and team Apex didn't seem to be interested in winning it.

I really don't care who wins since no one has performed consistently and the remaining contestants also lack unique personalities for entertainment.

Maybe because I watched too many episodes of "Fear Factor", I now like "The Rebel Billionaire" much better than "The Apprentice".
Old 11-12-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got to see the rest of the episode. Chris did deserve to go since he gave up on the task, but Ivana probably deserved to go more, cumulatively speaking. On the sum total of the tasks, I really think that she has done the least amount of everyone left.
Old 11-13-04, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Creating a bridal shop? Since Mosaic had Sandy, the only way that Apex would've won is to hire a bridal consultant. I can't believe that no one on Apex's team thought about hiring a briadal consultant.

Kelly definitely lucked out this week cuz he didn't have to do anything. Also, I don't understand why Andy would want to be leader this week? Let's say that he was PM and his team lost. Since he was PM, he would have to be in the boardroom. However, since he won last week, he has immunity this week if his team lost. I wonder what would happen in that scenario.

Chris was a TERRIBLE leader. He was even worse than Elizabeth. Personally, I think that he's done the least of anyone on this show, even Ivana.

Also, what about Wes crashing into those cars? What a freakin' moron.
Old 11-13-04, 04:42 AM

Jennifer
I don't quite understand why everyone is picking on Jennifer. On this current task, she seemed to be the one that gave the team a second wind- while Chris was moping in the corner, she was the one securing vendors for their show. I feel like for the first half of these episodes, she just sort of stood in the back, getting a feel for the game and the competition, and let things sort themselves out somewhat, essentially letting the "obvious losers" hang themselves. Now that the field is getting smaller, she's starting to exert herself much more. In terms of her work in the field, I think she's been far above average- not mind-blowingly good, but who has? The bottom line is she hasn't made any big mistakes. Furthurmore, I think of all the people left, she's been the one most conscious of this as a "game." It seems like she very subtly (and maybe not so subtly) is using her competitor's weaknesses against them, aligning herself on whatever side will help her. For example, when Raj got kicked out, I remember a moment where she essentially sat down with him and hashed out the situation- she knew that getting on his good side would prevent him from bringing her in the boardroom. I also think that more than any other person here, she has done the best job of keeping her mouth shut- she isn't going to be the type to get herself eliminated by something stupid. Bottom line, I feel like Jennifer is the favorite to win this thing so far.
Odds: 3-2

Kevin
Kevin is definitely the nicest of the guys left, and is the only one who will go out of their way to help other teammates (eg. Elizabeth). He's sort of like Kwame from last season because (putting the obvious aside) he's a sort of jack-of-all-trades master-of-none kind of guy, who can often get by because he is so damn nice. I don't think he's quite as charming as Kwame was, but he seems to have the same approach towards the "game." He has, however, made some mistakes, which means his margin for error is much lower than some of the others. I do like, however, his ability to take control of a situation when it seems necessary. I think the next episode or two is critical for him; if he can really shine in the clutch, he could ride that momentum to the end. But he has to be very careful.
Odds: 5-3

Andy
Andy is the underdog of this show. Not only because of his age, but because the others seem to marginalize him a bit for it. This could just be a product of the show's editing- but you have to wonder, why create this storyline unless it's going to pay off? He seems to be the one player who really has a chip on his shoulder and is really hungry to win. His attitude is that victory is something you need to go out and grab, not something you should let coast to you. Obviously, this can get you into trouble. But on the same token, if he plays his cards right he could be in the final 3. He really does show a hunger for this thing though, and I know Trump is noticing. I think Trump probably sees a bit of himself in Andy, and I know that the underdog is definitely a compelling story for him personally. I bet that behind closed doors Trump is actually rooting for him. Andy is the wildcard of this competition: he could either blow his chance next week, or dominate (like he did the police video episode) until the end.
Odds: 2-1

Kelly
Because of his military experience, Kelly has some pretty great leadership skills. He isn't the kind of guy to get rattled under pressure either. The dig with Kelly is that, perhaps like many military men, he seems rather head-strong and stubborn. He seems to be the kind of guy that can easily dismiss a good idea just because it doesn't appeal to him. I think this also is a result of him being the oldest one on the show (I think he's a solid 15 years older than Andy...). I think Kelly has some great skills, but I can definitely see him shooting himself in the foot one of these days.
Odds: 5-2

Sandy
Sandy's been great the last 2 episodes. But looking at it more closely, the house episode victory had more to do with lucking out on the contractor than anything else. I'm really not sure that she did anything more than anyone else. In this current episode, obviously this was her area. Give her credit, she dominated, but frankly if she didn't it would be embarassingly bad. Sandy is a pleasant girl, but I don't feel like she can ultimately be that leader in a tough situation. I'm not sure she's really been tested outside of her comfort zone yet- for example, I'm not sure how she would handle some of the more chaotic tests where she has to be quick on her feet. Like Jennifer, however, she isn't going to be the one to say something stupid in the boardroom. But ultimately when the game is on the line, I'm not sure I have confidence that she can lead my team.
Odds: 3-1

Wes
Wes is sort of an interesting guy because I'm not sure what he brings to the table, but I don't think he's a liability in any way. He seems a pretty calm guy, but can be a tad aloof. I sometimes wonder if he's going to have the energy or charisma to really inspire. I think he's a smart guy and helpful to a team, but I don't know if he's going to put himself above anyone else in any given situation. He doesn't seem to be much of a risk taker, very in-the-box. This can be both good or bad, but I'm just not sure he's going to "go for it" like some of the others might.
Odds: 5-1

Maria
Maria has a very striking look and very good sales skills, but I'm not sure she brings much else to the table. She seems like she'd be a great saleswoman or executive, filling out her role nicely, but I don't quite see her as a leader. I think, however, if she can manage to keep her mouth shut she might be able to slip by a few more rounds, but probably not top 3 material.
Odds: 7-1

Ivana
I like Ivana as a person- I think she's cute as a button and kind of spunky. But I would agree she hasn't been too great in the field, veering wildly from being too involved in mistakes to doing not much at all. She also seems to get very rattled in the boardroom, which results in her getting very defensive and whiney, which is something Trump doesn't appreciate very much. Plus she makes enemies way too easily. Her days are definitely numbered.
Odds: 10-1
Old 11-13-04, 05:04 AM

I think it's obvious that Kelly will win this. Maybe Andy is a long shot.

Chris <-----
Old 11-13-04, 05:37 AM

Originally posted by jeffkjoe
Let's see, who's left???

Ivana
Maria
Jennifer
Sandy

Kelly
Wes
Kevin
Andy

I think Kevin has screwed up too much. He's been in the boardroom several times and barely escaped firing last week with Raj and the bad contractor. Kevin could have redeemed himself this week by coming up with some marketing, but he had no advertising ideas or even the inkling that something more was necessary.

Sandy is nice eye candy, but I can't see her running a Trump contruction project. Maybe Trump could put her in charge of a modeling company or something along those lines.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Wes's hit and run. I wonder if they left a note.
Old 11-13-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by taa455
I am surprised nobody has mentioned Wes's hit and run. I wonder if they left a note.
I did in my post. Well, if they didn't pay for the damages then, they'll definitely have to after the airing of this episode.
Old 11-13-04, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by taa455
I think Kevin has screwed up too much. He's been in the boardroom several times and barely escaped firing last week with Raj and the bad contractor. Kevin could have redeemed himself this week by coming up with some marketing, but he had no advertising ideas or even the inkling that something more was necessary.

Sandy is nice eye candy, but I can't see her running a Trump contruction project. Maybe Trump could put her in charge of a modeling company or something along those lines.

I had the same thoughts.

I think Trump stacked the deck on this one just to fuck with Chris since he demanded leadership.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.