Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Seinfeld Best Buy Bonus Disc

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seinfeld Best Buy Bonus Disc

The new EW has a new Best Buy ad saying that if you buy Seinfeld Volume 1, w or the Giftset, you will instantly get a BB exclusive bonus DVD.

Any word as to what is on this?
Old 11-07-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
search is your friend.

sure do...
Old 11-07-04, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
search is your friend.

sure do...
So where exactly on that thread does it state what is on the Bonus Disc ???
Old 11-07-04, 11:01 PM

What do you mean?
Old 11-07-04, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
The link goes to a thread in Bargains talking about the free bonus disc but doesn't say what's on the disc... which is what the OP was curious about.
Old 11-07-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ownage.
Old 11-08-04, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by TomOpus
The link goes to a thread in Bargains talking about the free bonus disc but doesn't say what's on the disc... which is what the OP was curious about.
Yeah, thats what I was wondering. Want to know whether or not this will warrant cancelling my Amazon preorder
Old 11-08-04, 01:16 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Will we also get the bonus disc if we preorder online to take advantage of the $25 digital coupon?
Old 11-08-04, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping for a free puffy shirt.
Old 11-08-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by eau
Will we also get the bonus disc if we preorder online to take advantage of the $25 digital coupon?
You may have to put it in your cart...I noticed the bonus disc shows up separately as an item. I hope not though--I already ordered the set. Maybe I should call to get the bonus disc added...
Old 11-08-04, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I heard it was a bonus disc about bonus discs.
Old 11-08-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by TomOpus
D'oh. My bad. So quick to be the search police.
Old 11-08-04, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
What is the deal with all these Best Buy bonus discs?

Does anyone buy their movies at Best Buy just to get the bonus discs? I don't think I've ever seen anyone in there looking for those bonus discs, but the people online are always complaining about not being able to find them.

So if no one is buying and nobody can find them do they even exist at all? They're like Big Foot.

And what's the deal with Big Foot? I've seen plaster casts of those feet and they are indeed big, but this guy's like eight feet tall, so you'd expect his feet to be big. Why not just call him regular-sized foot?
Old 11-08-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The only one I intentionally sought out at Best Buy was the Indiana Jones one. It hasn't been viewed yet.

I wouldn't mind the Seinfeld one, but I'll stick with my STL order and see if BB sells it seperate in store.
Old 11-09-04, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
What is the deal with all these Best Buy bonus discs?

Does anyone buy their movies at Best Buy just to get the bonus discs? I don't think I've ever seen anyone in there looking for those bonus discs, but the people online are always complaining about not being able to find them.
Most ppl on this site are DVD enthusiasts and completionists. Many of us want the bonus disc just for the sake of having it. Hek, a lot of us won't even watch it.

The average consumer in store doesn't know much about DVDs and usually buys full screen. They'll pay full price for anything and won't take advantage of sales either.
Old 11-09-04, 02:41 AM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man

And what's the deal with Big Foot? I've seen plaster casts of those feet and they are indeed big, but this guy's like eight feet tall, so you'd expect his feet to be big. Why not just call him regular-sized foot?

Heil-Five?

Last edited by blessthemess; 11-09-04 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-09-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
The only one I intentionally sought out at Best Buy was the Indiana Jones one. It hasn't been viewed yet.

I wouldn't mind the Seinfeld one, but I'll stick with my STL order and see if BB sells it seperate in store.
Originally posted by Dabaomb
Most ppl on this site are DVD enthusiasts and completionists. Many of us want the bonus disc just for the sake of having it. Hek, a lot of us won't even watch it.

The average consumer in store doesn't know much about DVDs and usually buys full screen. They'll pay full price for anything and won't take advantage of sales either.

What is the deal with people who don't get Seinfeld references? Even in a Seinfeld thread, some people respond as if they don't get the joke. Have they never seen the show before? Are the Seinfeld DVDs a blind buy for these people?

Last edited by focker; 11-09-04 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-09-04, 12:22 PM

Who are these people?

//Gilbert Gottfried's Seinfeld voice
Old 11-11-04, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So what's on it? I see that you can buy it for $3.99.
Old 11-11-04, 01:27 AM
Suspended

"Um, excuse me, I - I think you forgot my bonus disc."
"Disc, two dollars extra."
"Two dollars? But everyone in front of me got a free disc."
"You want disc?"
"Yes, please."
"Three dollars!"
"What?"
"No DVD for you!"
Old 11-11-04, 03:44 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 11-16-04, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bonus disc info. This just in from TVSHOWONDVD:

Next Tuesday, November 23rd sees the long-awaited, highly-anticipated debut of Seinfeld on DVD. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (formerly Columbia/Tristar) is promoting the heck out of it, too...did you catch Jerry on The Late Show with David Letterman last night? Funny as ever...he certainly hasn't lost his touch!

Among the various promotions that stands out is the deal which Best Buy will be offering. We first got word of it a couple of weeks ago, when the issue of Entertainment Weekly that had Elton John on the cover had this to say on page 68 (thanks to various readers, starting with "Kevin", for passing this on to us):

Buy Seinfeld Volume 1, Volume 2, or the Gift Set (includes the first 3 seasons and extras) and receive your free exclusive Entertainment Weekly special edition issue of "The Best TV on DVD" and an exclusive Seinfeld bonus disc, instantly.

The EW ad was short on details, namely on what the bonus disc would contain, and we've been inundated with e-mail asking us to find out what will be on it. We've contacted Best Buy directly, and here is what we were told:

In Best Buy's 11/21 circular ad, they are highlighting Seinfeld Vol 1. (seasons 1 and 2) Vol. 2 (Season 3) and Vol. 3 (gift set including all 3 seasons). As mentioned, they have an exclusive bonus disc available with the purchase of any Volume.
The exclusive DVD is called "Life Before Seinfeld ". It contains a featurette of interviews with the memorable characters from Seinfeld: George and Jerry's parents, Newman, Puddy, Uncle Leo, and more.
Also, customers who buy any Seinfeld DVD will also receive an exclusive Entertainment Weekly TV-DVD Magazine. Seinfeld with be prominently featured in the publication, but the focus is on TV shows now on DVD.

Very cool! This promotion is going to be in-stores, only, and quantities are limited. We're trying to get ahold of an illustration of the bonus disc and the special issue of EW, so check back at this news story for possible updates. Our thanks to the folks at Best Buy for their help and co-operation.
Old 11-16-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice one troll....
Old 11-16-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 11-16-04, 06:57 PM

He is talking about forum trolls joke a couple of posts above yours.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.