TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joan of Arcadia 11/5/04

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joan of Arcadia 11/5/04

11/5/04

God gives Joan a videocamera to help her see what's underneath the surface of things.

Joan annoys the crap out of her friends and family with trying to stage events instead of capturing the reality of situations. Adam is especially annoyed and tries taking direction, but ultimately walks away in frustration.

A golf outing between Will, Kevin and Prescott has Will thinking about getting a new lawyer who's got a hard-nosed rep. Helen wasn't happy about them not including her in the decision-making process (all the while, Helen flirts around with the idea of seeing her old boyfriend who's in town for a few days, but after many attempts to connect in person, Helen finds that she doesn't need to see the old boyfriend and stays home with Will and the family). The new lawyer (Evan Handler) is a real ball-buster, too.

Joan is crushed when she tapes Adam and Judith sharing an embrace through the windows between 2 buildings at school, and jumps to all sorts of on-the-surface conclusions that results in Joan and Judith getting into a hallway fight. Joan over-reacted to Adam and Judith talking about how great a person Joan is, and then they share an embrace. Luckily, Friedman has a tape (from Judith's cam, I think) that shows Joan she jumped to conclusions and feels really bad about the whole thing. Later, during Joan's detention duties of cleaning up graphitti, Judith shows up and forgives her and helps Joan clean the walls up.

Luke and Grace still wrestle with Grace's home life. Grace invites Luke over to her house after school because her parents would be gone. Luke gets to see Grace's room, and they start to make out when her parent come home early, and Luke offers to escape through her window, but Grace decides it's time for her parents to meet Luke.

Joan goes to Adam's house to apologize. She spots some of Adam's videotapes from his childhood and offers to watch one when he was around 7. The tape shows him and his mom in a light-hearted way, and how he did what his mom directed him to do (in a playful manner), like run up to kiss the camera like he was kissing mommy, and Joan finally understands that her direction of Adam earlier reminded him of his deceased mother and brought back that pain for him. Joan hugs Adam as he sobs, remembering the good times he shared with his mother.
Old 11-08-04, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I admit it. That last part with Adam and "Jane" made me get a little misty eyed.

What's up with Will's boss? Is she trying to seduce him? She gave him a serious hand caress.
Old 11-08-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, Joan's threads are dying; as is the show. Joan's back in the same godrut from last season, there's the bad sitcom misunderstanding, Luke and Grace are getting tiresome and Helen is not being moral, she's being an idiot if she doesn't want to do whatever it takes to win that obviously bogus lawsuit - and fast.

About the only thing I'm liking at all is the ex-nun played by Penny from Good Morning, Miami. She should get her own show.
Old 11-08-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Constance Zimmer was the best thing on Good Morning, Miami, so I also like her spunk on this show as well.
Old 11-08-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still like the show.

I too, think that the new capt. has the hots for Will, and that the Luke and Grace plotline is progressing at its own pace. Still kinda annoyed by the Judith character. I think Friedman will eventually get what he wants by the end of the season.

I miss little-girl-God though.
Old 11-08-04, 11:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by movielib
Wow, Joan's threads are dying; as is the show.
I agree

I made it through the first half hour before I started flipping back and forth between this and the Bulls game.