Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Anyone know how to contact Lions Gate??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know how to contact Lions Gate??

I have looked on their website and can not find any contact information at all.

I am sick and tired of waiting for the unrated version of Return of the Living Dead 3 to be released on dvd(if at all).

A few years ago before I was kicked off of hometheaterforum.com,a person from LG posted there and stated the unrated version was being 'considered' for release in 2002. Well here is it 2004,going on 2005 and still no unrated release. The price drop on the current dvd is nice. Yet the fact that it is the heavily censored R rated version makes it pretty much worthless.

Also another slap in the face is using the unrated poster art on the censored release.

Censored poster...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/63...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Uncensored poster

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I would also like to know if the uncut version of Rules of Attraction will ever be released in its original audio form(5.1). The current 2.0 dvd is ok,but it was more powerful in full 5.1 as I saw it theatrically.
Old 11-06-04, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Found this buried in the "terms of use" link at the bottom of their page:

Lions Gate Entertainment Inc.
2700 Colorado Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Attn: Business Affairs
E-Mail: [email protected]
Old 11-06-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
From the sticky thread at the top of the Store Forum:

Lion's Gate Home Entertainment
[email protected]
Old 11-06-04, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason I bought the R rated dvd was for the commentary tracks. The Special effects guy gets pissed that they are watching the R rated cut.
Old 11-06-04, 11:00 PM

Thanks,I have looked over their website and never came across that information! It was becoming frustrating since all I could ever find was movie synopsises,news and so forth. Most sites have a 'contact us' section that is fairly easy to find.

While the $7 price the Return 3 dvd is going for at deepdiscountdvd.com is tempting. I don't know if I can bring myself to purchase it. I would love to hear the commentary tracks. But after seeing the R rated version before. It just makes me more upset that is the only version on dvd in the U.S.
Since the edits in the film are extremely sloppy and obvious.

Also wasn't it released unrated theatrically in a few select theaters? I know the theatrical poster is the 'unclean' version and never saw a rating listed on it anywhere. So that makes the R rated only dvd even more unforgiveable.

In fact I am upset over the treatment of the entire series in R1. parts 1 & 2 have screwed up altered soundtracks and part 3 is the sloppily edited R rated verson.
Old 11-07-04, 10:39 AM

Don't hold your breath for Lions Gate to release an unrated version. It seems like since they have begun distributing their own movies all their unrated versions of movies have become extinct.
Old 11-07-04, 12:54 PM

Yeah I noticed that,

American Psycho was released via Universal in R & Unrated versions. L.G. then distributed it themselves R rated with absolutely no extras. But I think they also released it in Canada unrated but sans extras. Go figure.

I will keep my eye open for when The Devils Rejects opens(& hope that does not get cut to get an R,but from the sounds of it,it may). If the unrated version of House of 1000 Corpses is not released to promote the theatrical release of that film or the dvd release. Then I bet all hope is lost on L.G.

The same thing for if Glamorama ever gets made and released. If no unrated 5.1 Rules of Attraction is released to coincide with it. I give up and will be very unhappy.

Speaking of Lions Gate on their own now. I think it was recently on the hometheaterforum or someplace where I ran into some posts from someone from LG regarding the cutting of SAW.

Basically since it is a wide release film,an unrated/NC-17 version is out of the question. They also said since the cuts were 'minor' and would not hurt the plot of the film(but the impact of the scenes will be compromised of course). So it was the 'best' thing to do. I understand that,since they must make as much money as possible to keep in business. Yet why not release both versions on dvd? It would solve all the problems. Speaking of which,SAW uncensored was released in the U.K.(same thing with Rules of Attraction..but the dvd was edited abit). So it's not like uncut prints do not exist and would be 'too costly' to re-edit!

Then they mention the reason for releasing(unless they change their minds) Haute Tension uncut with an NC-17 is because it's a smaller release..and would have to be heavily cut to get an R which would ruin the film.

Again a reasonable reason for their actions,but the cutting alot of a film hurting the film itself holds true with Return of the Living Dead 3. There are plenty of cuts throughout the film which ruin the impact of many sequences and the overall experiance of the film itself.

It would not have been as bad,if the cuts were less obvious and still effective even when toned down. Yet it suffers tv-editing in many spots,which makes it annoying to view.

So why not release it unrated finally? I don't know if they own the rights to the movie title/future films in the series or not. But I have heard a part 4 & 5 are being made and will be released soon.

A smart sales idea would be to promote those with an unrated release of part 3. If that does not happen,again all hope may be lost.
Old 11-07-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Interesting timing with this post, as I was just considering getting in touch with them to ask why their DVD of Dead End is only in full-screen. I found an early copy a few days ago, but was pretty disappointed to see it wasn't widescreen with no mention at all on the box.