Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody watched or know what's on the Shrek 4th disc?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 05:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody bought the box set yet and watched the bonus 4th disc? I would just like to have a clue as to what it is before I buy. Thanks.
Old 11-05-04, 06:32 PM

The first movie was a 2-disc set and the last two were single disc releases. I'm not sure if that's the case with the boxset though.
Old 11-05-04, 10:40 PM

This didn't look worth it to me. The Shrek 1 included is the single disc release. It also includes the same Shrek 2 and Shrek 3D, the 15 minute 3D movie that was packed with Shrek 1 for a while. The bonus disc looked like kiddie stuff like learning how to draw the characters and stuff like that. This just looks like a set for the kids.
Old 11-05-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plus, all of the boxed sets I saw only had the fullscreen version of the movies.
Old 11-05-04, 11:24 PM

Yeah I have the same questions. I want to know...

What's the inside look like? Are those DVDs inside same as the individually sold DVDs? Are they sealed individually? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-04, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally posted by dvdphilic
Yeah I have the same questions. I want to know...

What's the inside look like? Are those DVDs inside same as the individually sold DVDs? Are they sealed individually? Thanks in advance.
From what I seen:

Shrek, Shrek 2 & Shrek 3-D are individually sealed and packaged like the ones you can get seperately. The Bonus Disc is in an envelope-type cardboard holder.

So if you absolutely needed to own the Bonus Disc (and don't already own Shrek 3-D and own Shrek 1), you could buy the Box Set & a Widescreen version of Shrek 2 and SELL the two Full Frame versions to make up the difference (Blockbuster, eBay or even Wal-Mart).

I really don't think the Bonus Disc is worth that much work.

Andrew
Old 11-06-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Link_182
The bonus disc looked like kiddie stuff like learning how to draw the characters and stuff like that. This just looks like a set for the kids.
Does anyone have a spec list of the bonus DVD? I think that I read something about a Puss'n'Boots video, but maybe they were confusing the Shrek 2 bonuses with the bonus DVD. Not sure.
Old 11-06-04, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally posted by dvdphilic
Three keepcases (first movie, second movie, 3D DVD, and the bonus disc in a keep case sized cardboard envelope. The two full screen movie discs are individually shrink wrapped and should not be a problem anywhere you would like to unload them.

It's what I'm doing. I put in my own widescreen copies. IMO the box itself is pretty cool looking and the 3D and bonus discs were worth the effort.
Old 11-06-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Specs for the Bonus Disc:
  • Puss In Boots Music Video
  • Learn to Burp with Shrek & Fiona
  • The Making of Far Far Away Idol
  • Shrek 2 Around the World
  • Learn to Draw Donkey, Puss in Boots, Shrek, Fiona and Gingy

Everything probably adds up to about 30 to 40 minutes (give or take). If you buy it at Best Buy, you get the "Green Room VIP Pass" Bonus DVD with a 17 minute Storyboard to Screen Sequence and some DVD-Rom stuff.