Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Is X2 - Wolverine's Revenge one of the worst games ever?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-04-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually got this game for $4.99 way back when X2 first came to DVD. I just started playing it this week and I have never been so pissed off at a game. Well I have, but not over straight out bullshit like this game. The levels are SO long and full of bad guys that are just annoying. You can heal up (which sucks as much and wastes more time than necessary) but still die very easily, than have to repeat the entire level again. The camera sucks, punches go through enemys, theres no blocking, yet the enemy always blocks, enemys are linear and the whole fighting style is "iffy" at best.

Ive never given up on a game before (ecxept GT3, but thats cause I dont have the time for it, or the patience to eventually have fun races) but this game now just seems like a chore and forced.

I hate this fucking game. Im probably late to complain about it, but with X-Men legends out, ill just rent that, compare, and trade this damn paper weight away.

Last edited by Ravenous; 11-04-04 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-04-04, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got mine in the same special as you. $4.99 at CC. I traded it in at EB 2 weeks later in their Thanksgiving day "Get 10$ for any trade in" deal. I didn't hesitate to get rid of it, especially for a tiny profit.

I don't think i got past the second level. It was that awkward to control, and that boring. Big levels, but Wolverine couldn't run, he hunched everywhere! Slowly. It was a nice reminder to stay away from movie-licensed games.

But Superman64 is the worst game ever.
Old 11-05-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I always consider picking this up because whenever I see it its always really cheap, I guess that is why.

Just to point out another shoddy lisenced comic book game, I have been playing Spawn Armageddon recently. There is one level (17 I think) that just pissed me off. The game suddenly turns into a cheap platformer, which is terrible because the controls aren't very good. I am so far I just have to finish it though. It's a shame too, because as I play I realize whoever wrote Spawn came up with some pretty cool characters.
Old 11-05-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's funny. I also picked this one up at CC with X2, and I still haven't put it in my PS2. I don't even remember if I removed the shrink wrap or not.
Old 11-06-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by dcprules
That's funny. I also picked this one up at CC with X2, and I still haven't put it in my PS2. I don't even remember if I removed the shrink wrap or not.
trade it.
Old 11-06-04, 11:53 AM

i basically got it for free with the purchse of xmen 2, so im not really gonna complain, I wasn't expecting a great game, but something along the lines of a good super nintendo/n64 game, and it lived up to my expectations as a fan of the movie and comics, obviously no xmen legends, but for bux for a fan, pretty good deal.
Old 11-08-04, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Now I got it on the same deal and played it. I didn't think it was that bad. I kind of liked the animations and sneaking up on people to take them out. Overall not bad for $5. I would have been really ticked if I got it for $50.
Old 11-08-04, 08:46 AM

I got mine for 4.99 from BB and couldn't agree more, if it isn't the worst then it sure is up there regardless.
Old 11-08-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not the worst game ever though, try Kabuki Warriors....