Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville - 11/3

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-04, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville - 11/3

I haven't been watching this season (I'm taping them all for my wife so she can watch them over break). I just went to see if there was a new episode on tonight, since there was no thread here yet.

I just read that
Spoiler:
Mikail Mxyzptlk
will be on tonight as a
Spoiler:
foreign exchange student

Ugh. What has this show become?
Old 11-03-04, 12:52 PM

Location: The Fair City of Detroit, ok, The Fair Suburbs of Detroit
Spoiler:
They better pronounce his name right!!!
Old 11-03-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Smallville - 11/3

Originally posted by redinger
I haven't been watching this season (I'm taping them all for my wife so she can watch them over break). I just went to see if there was a new episode on tonight, since there was no thread here yet.

I just read that
Spoiler:
Mikail Mxyzptlk
will be on tonight as a
Spoiler:
foreign exchange student

Ugh. What has this show become?
The show has not become anything. It's its own take on the Superman legend from Day 1. I guess it really does need to be said every week.
Old 11-03-04, 02:39 PM
Suspended

The show has not become anything. It's its own take on the Superman legend from Day 1. I guess it really does need to be said every week.
For sure

Here is how you pronounce his name too

Mix yez pit el ick

Spoilers below

Spoiler:
Guest Stars: Trent Ford (Mxyzptlk), Kevan Kase (Danny Crozer)

The WB's Official Description (Posted 10/15): DC COMICS VILLAIN MXYZPTLK TRIPS UP SMALLVILLE - Chloe (Allison Mack) is drawn into an underground gambling ring at school run by foreign exchange student Mikail Mxyzptlk (guest star Trent Ford) and loses her savings on a football game after Mxyzptlk uses his powers to control all the players – including Clark (Tom Welling). When Chloe discovers Mxyzptlk’s secret, he kidnaps her and threatens to kill her unless Clark throws the championship game. Meanwhile, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) threatens Mxyzptlk with deportation unless he uses his powers for Lex’s benefit. Kristin Kreuk, John Glover, Jensen Ackles, Annette O’Toole and John Schneider also star. Paul Shapiro directed the episode, written by Mark Warshaw (#407).

Added 10/9: Kevan Kase plays a character named "Danny Crozer."

Added 9/22: Trent Ford has been cast as Mxyzptlk.

Added 9/10: In the episode's teaser, Mikail Mxyzptlk uses his power to command Clark to "trip" on the field. He barrels into the bulky Ditman and the momentum puts them into the end zone, scoring a touchdown. The Crows have won the game. Clark looks around, and learns that the opposing player has been knocked out - a result of his powers. This is apparently what has Jason "half-expecting a confession" later.
- Mikail shows up with Chloe's press pass and says that if he ever wants to see her alive again, he should make sure that the Crows lose this game.
- Clark makes some on field decision (we're not sure what, it's crossed out) and the other players are perplexed, and asking Clark what's with him.
- Clark uses super-hearing to locate Chloe's cries for help.

Added 9/8: The Crows win a big game and they are going to go to the championships and play on the football field that the Metropolis Sharks play on - a revelation which is "killing Clark."
- Jason gives Clark a look, "half-expecting a confession." About what? We're not sure. Does Jason know The Secret, or suspect it? Maybe.
- Cheerleaders come in and start chanting Clark's name.
- Mxyzptlk's changing the odds for football may cause trouble for Chloe who has some money riding on the big game.

- Another DC Comics/Superman universe character makes his Smallville debut in this episode. A foreign exchange student named Mikail Mxyzptlk, brought over to the States by Lionel Luthor before his prison stint because Lionel found him to be "interesting."
- Mxyzptlk will of course cause chaos as he has in any previous incarnation. He may use his powers to do something like, say, alter the fortunes of the Smallville High football team.

Last edited by animalmystic; 11-03-04 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-03-04, 02:46 PM

The freak of the week can play Jedi mind tricks...Hoooray!

Kristen Kreuk should just get naked.
Old 11-03-04, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Kristen Kreuk should just get naked. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lois too!!
Old 11-03-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by charlie bucket
The freak of the week can play Jedi mind tricks...Hoooray!
I think he just slips X in everyone's drink.
Old 11-03-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants
I think he just slips X in everyone's drink.
Yeah the night before he takes them to their home in Avignon for the summer.
Old 11-03-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree. Smallville should move over to HBO. Then all the shower scenes they have can include a nude Kristin Kreuk!!
Old 11-03-04, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Lois not there tonight again I think... she is back next week only.

Anyone else have a sudden urge to buy Old Spice deodorant?

Last edited by Feneant; 11-03-04 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-03-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
what's cool is that they're showing that the team is pretty good even without clark. the running backs are doing great
Old 11-03-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
holy shit
I knew he was fast, but damn
Old 11-03-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

think they might believe clark a little more when he says it wasn't him last week after tonight?

Last edited by mikehunt; 11-03-04 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-03-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

First off: Old Spide Red Zone Ads everywhere. In the locker, Big banner at the game, and the commercial breaks.

The last 5 minutes got me really lost.
Old 11-03-04, 08:08 PM

Geez Clark can do no right with Lana this season. Lex being evil is always a good thing with this show
Old 11-03-04, 08:15 PM

The season started a bit slow but the recent episodes have really changed things around. This week's villian has definite potential. Clark makes a great football star and still be the local superhero at the same time. He sure prove that he is ready for a rematch against Bart "The Flash" Allen. The ending with Lex showing Mxysptlk that he is not alone was a nice twist. Does Lex have an "Injustice Gang" in the works?
Old 11-03-04, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty good episode. Ended with a decent cliff-hanger. Old Spice ads didn't bother me much, but gilette is my choice of deodorant. Nice try.

How does one choke on command?

Since this was the championship game, no more football this season? Whew, short season.
Old 11-03-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Wow, that might have been my favorite episode of the season. I was sure going in that I was going to hate it.

The more Lex the better.
Old 11-03-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

not the right scene, but the point is there

Originally posted by Ranger
How does one choke on command?
Old 11-03-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

While the Mxy stuff was the least interesting aspects of the episode, it did provide us with some other nice bits.

Spoiler:
-The football scenes were well done. Fun, anyways.

-Clark superspeeding.

-The ending. Clark vs. Lex... Very nice.

-Clarks speech to his father. Well done.

-Level 33.1!? That came out of nowhere. I hadn't read any spoilers even indicating anything like it.
Old 11-03-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
First off: Old Spide Red Zone Ads everywhere. In the locker, Big banner at the game, and the commercial breaks.

The last 5 minutes got me really lost.
I think...
Spoiler:
Lex has a thing for Lana....and Whitney 2.0 was in the way

The locker room scene with Clark could double as a damn deodorant commercial.

I guess the product placement is in full force. I could of sworn the camera paused just a bit on the Red Zone deodorant stick
Old 11-03-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What was Chloe saying at the end, something about an aircraft scrambler from her father, how did that make Mikail lose his powers permanently (maybe not?)? They just keep the powerful scrambler on?
Old 11-03-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Chloe got the scrambler from her Uncle Sam Lane (Lois' dad), and the buzzing frequencies hoses Mxyzptlk's ability to harness his power according to the legend Chloe and Clark dug up on Mikhail's last name spelled backwards. The scrambler messes with Mxyzptlk's ability to focus his commands on specific people (using the locus of flies example when the locus of flies gets scrambled, the individual flies lose their ability to act in concert with the other flies and can't ever act within the locus again), and once scrambled, Mxyzptlk's power is permanently (we are to believe) negated.
Old 11-03-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mxyzptlk's accent was horrible and cheesy. I was hoping they'd use his comic-based weakness, which is tricking him into saying his name backwards, but instead, searching on his name spelled backwards gives Chloe and Clark clues to defeat Mikhail's powers.

So Clark's balls finally descend when he tell his dad to back off and let him handle the situation.

Lana's animosity with Clark (having Jason booted) will probably figure into whenever it's time for her tattoo to come out and play.

Clark gets cranky with Lex, and the hints are that Lex has a thing for Lana, but enjoys using conversations with Clark to gain an edge in shifting blame to Clark when bad things happen in Lana's life.

Chloe appears to have gotten over getting the Mr. Hyde treatment from Clark last week. Perhaps Mxyzptlk's power makes her realize that Clark might have been in control of his actions with her (though we know it's because Lionel has a sick streak of cruelness within his heart/liver).

So Clark gets his championship ring, just like Pa Kent. Exactly how much of his football skills were non-Super-related? Hmm...
Old 11-03-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Chloe got the scrambler from her Uncle Sam Lane (Lois' dad), and the buzzing frequencies hoses Mxyzptlk's ability to harness his power according to the legend Chloe and Clark dug up on Mikhail's last name spelled backwards. The scrambler messes with Mxyzptlk's ability to focus his commands on specific people (using the locus of flies example when the locus of flies gets scrambled, the individual flies lose their ability to act in concert with the other flies and can't ever act within the locus again), and once scrambled, Mxyzptlk's power is permanently (we are to believe) negated.
Thanks for the great explanation.

This is why I love TV Talk.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.